Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

RS4: $10-$12k off & 0.0/0.9% ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 08:33 AM
wilfred is on a distinguished road
RS4: $10-$12k off & 0.0/0.9% ??

OK, I have wanted one since the end of 2006 but due to numerous pathetic encounters with local dealers, I gave up and bought something else. But these discounts I have been reading on forums have caught my attention Also some said the discount cannot be combined with the special financing, is that true? Also, I read it somewhere that some dealers can even do 0.0 instead of the national 0.9, true?

Old 08-02-2008, 03:54 PM
SUBLIM3 is on a distinguished road
I read about that too. That might change my position from buying used. Unfortunately, I still have to wait til next year.

Old 08-02-2008, 05:42 PM
SKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud of
If you are in Socal, check out Penske Audi. They were running some big discounts on them.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:04 PM
michaeldorian will become famous soon enoughmichaeldorian will become famous soon enough
I talked a Newport Audi Center today and they told me yes they are doing 10K off or 0.9 APR, not both.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Chris@PerformanceOutfitters is on a distinguished road
That is a really good deal for anyone in the market, but I would imagine if you wait a little longer until the new b8 body style comes out they will drop even more, but then it's unlikely you will be able to find a new one. Either way its still one of my favorite cars.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:38 PM
There are over 200 listed new on autotrader. B8 is coming out next month? Plenty of 4 door M3 sitting on the lots too and they are discounting them as well. And the M3 is the newer thing...

Disclaimer: I do not want to turn this into another RS4 vs M3 thread but I do believe some shoppers will cross shop the two.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:16 PM
still lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the rough
this can't be happening at a better time for me....looks like I'll be in the market for a RS4 by years end, and I have been considering used...but new could be in the picture...although the main color I want probably won't go for a discount

Old 08-05-2008, 07:43 PM
michaeldorian will become famous soon enoughmichaeldorian will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by still lost
this can't be happening at a better time for me....looks like I'll be in the market for a RS4 by years end, and I have been considering used...but new could be in the picture...although the main color I want probably won't go for a discount
You'll be surprised. I definitely made the mistake of buying used as I found a new car with my exact spec a dealer near me. I almost traded in my used car to pick up then new one.

I'm assuming your looking for Ibis White? The dealer in OC has one on the lot with Premium and Ti. My dream combo and there willing deal just over the phone 10K off MSRP.

Old 08-06-2008, 12:25 AM
White is the color of the day so act fast if anyone is looking for white only. But dont let the dealer fool you its the last one in the world. A quick search on autotrader.com or cars.com I found more than a handful. Btw, as I said before, over 200 are listed on autotrader.com and not all dealers are on it. Some are on cars.com and some neither...

Most of the inventory I see are black, silver, and grey. Red, yellow, and the 2 blues are the minorities but i think dealers will be happier to move them as they are less sought after imo. The toughest one to move are the cabs. My crystal ball tells me there are enough RS4 thru early next year and the cabs will be around til next summer I dont think the cabs will move until the sedans are all gone and when they start discounting $20k off

Last edited by wilfred; 08-06-2008 at 12:43 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:12 AM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
i've always loved the rs4 but i'm not so sure it's a huge bargain even at $10-12k off..as others have said it's main competition is brand new, and with big discounts off the sedan the m3 is still cheaper and obviously newer. i still think used is the way to go if you are able to buy one that reflects where the new ones are trading plus a normal depreciation factor...gl in your hunt, i'm jealous!!

Old 08-06-2008, 07:23 AM
Yupkwondo is infamous around these partsYupkwondo is infamous around these partsYupkwondo is infamous around these partsYupkwondo is infamous around these parts
Well since there are less than 50 Ibis in existence country wide, I don't see how many could be available...But I'm sure there are some to be had, but it can't be a very large number.

Old 08-06-2008, 12:30 PM
still lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by michaeldorian
You'll be surprised. I definitely made the mistake of buying used as I found a new car with my exact spec a dealer near me. I almost traded in my used car to pick up then new one.

I'm assuming your looking for Ibis White? The dealer in OC has one on the lot with Premium and Ti. My dream combo and there willing deal just over the phone 10K off MSRP.
great call on the color...I'd also go for that glut orange one as well

but I may give them a call here in the next week or so..I'm assuming it's OC Audi?

Old 08-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by Yupkwondo
Well since there are less than 50 Ibis in existence country wide, I don't see how many could be available...But I'm sure there are some to be had, but it can't be a very large number.
I think he means a handful of white RS4's and 200 of the other colors.

Old 08-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by still lost
great call on the color...I'd also go for that glut orange one as well

but I may give them a call here in the next week or so..I'm assuming it's OC Audi?
Newport Auto Center Audi. I talked to Josh. If they would have given me just a few more K on my car plus the 9K off I would have gone for it.

Old 08-06-2008, 12:50 PM
I think I over paid by a couple K forsure on on top of that I didn't get my perfect build. I didn't think the new market was that bad for this car so I didn't even bother looking at new. What a mistake!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RS4: $10-$12k off & 0.0/0.9% ??