Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

New R8 Pricing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 01:55 AM
EV0LVE is a jewel in the roughEV0LVE is a jewel in the roughEV0LVE is a jewel in the rough
New R8 Pricing?

Hey guys, does anyone here know the market for new R8 in So Cal? What kind of, if any, premium are dealers charging? is MSRP possible? There's a couple of brand new R8 in socal, but i dont want to walk in without knowing the actual market.

thanks

Old 10-02-2008, 01:00 PM
cephas is on a distinguished road
50k + MSRP
if you go in and ask them to sell you for MSRP, they will laugh at you.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:07 PM
kermit_S is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cephas
50k + MSRP
if you go in and ask them to sell you for MSRP, they will laugh at you.
50 over??? I rather get a F430. I don't think MSRP is unheard of.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:20 PM
EV0LVE is a jewel in the roughEV0LVE is a jewel in the roughEV0LVE is a jewel in the rough
looks like i'm having a better luck than 50k. Yes one dealer quoted 50k over the phone but backed down with a 'come over and lets negotiate'. the other asked 30k and wanted me to come down. so msrp 10-15k may be attainable. with this economy, maybe msrp isn't impossible.

thanks for the response guys.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:44 PM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
Why is this car still selling at a premium? It's *** ugly and been out for quite a while...

Old 10-02-2008, 02:05 PM
ugly, well that's subjective. should it command premium? no. should gtr command premium? NO! just a matter of wanting the car OR not.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:29 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
I was offered 2 allocations from 2 local dealer for MSRP. Takes about 3 months. If you're not in a hurry I recommend calling around first.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:02 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NoRoom4Error
It's *** ugly and been out for quite a while...
And still somehow they can't keep one in a showroom. I guess people just love ugly cars!

Old 10-03-2008, 07:33 AM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
maybe i'm naive but i have to think things are changing pretty rapidly right now in terms of demand vs supply of just about everything....dealers are having more and more difficulty financing inventories so it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them very willing to sell allocations at 'cheap' levels in order to have inventories sold rather than sitting on the showroom, even for 'hot' cars. the credit crunch is very unfriendly to the business model of a car dealer. i would think they'd rather forego short term profits by making sure inventories are lean so they can live to play another day.....it is a serious situation out there right now.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Pipper6speed is an unknown quantity at this point
How many miles would you consider paying MSRP for?

Keep in mind MSRP keeps increasing. It's up $5-6K since launch. Good for us early adopters I suppose.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by wedouglas
How many miles would you consider paying MSRP for?

Keep in mind MSRP keeps increasing. It's up $5-6K since launch. Good for us early adopters I suppose.
if it's the car i'm looking for, I wouldn't mind paying $2500 to get it across the country, rather than paying $25000 over msrp.

you got a lead?

Old 10-04-2008, 08:48 AM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by StorminS4
And still somehow they can't keep one in a showroom. I guess people just love ugly cars!
Much like the Nissan GTR I suppose.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by NoRoom4Error
Much like the Nissan GTR I suppose.

r8 ugly, gtr ugly. i see, YOU have great taste on cars.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vincentdds
I was offered 2 allocations from 2 local dealer for MSRP. Takes about 3 months. If you're not in a hurry I recommend calling around first.

I'm in CA, and I put down my deposit 10 months ago, and haven't even heard a timeframe of when I will be assigned a production number. And then its another 6 months before the car will arrive at the dealer. Mine is at MSRP though.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:08 AM
Ice's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura aboutIce's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura aboutIce's 996tt Cab has a spectacular aura about
I just bought 1 yesterday a 2009 with 93 miles for $2200 over MSRP!!!

Some are being sold at MSRP!!!

The economy is dictating these cars back to where they should have been to begin with.

LOL.

Ice

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New R8 Pricing?