Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

S5 vs. RS4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JonM
Aww not your M3, lol how much did it cost you to get that thing as fast as it is? If he wants fast just get a C63 costs less than the M since nobody can move them, worked they're making over 500 crank. Sorry your M isn't as godly as you make it out to be. Relax buddy.
I'm not making my M out to be godly, it just happens to be faster than what you suggested and is a superior performance car to your S5. It seems you have an issue with that, but I suggest you get accustomed to it.

Superchargers are available for 8k for the E92 M3 if one wants, putting it out of reach of any S5 or B7 RS4, just how it is in reality. I clearly was not as worried about the cost and resale as you seem to be.

500 crank in the C63? Wow, yawn, try 700.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:57 PM
JonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CURI0
Hey, settle down now, your interior is pretty, ok?

No, saying the S5 is slower and has less performance potential is called reality. I'm sorry you don't like it, but that is how it is, I suggest you get used to it. The S5 is slow and overweight and behind the times in performance, it would struggle with even the outdated E46 M3.

Take a look at dragtimes.com, compare the results for the S5 and the 335, enjoy. Don't go quoting ring times, etc, the S5 is not a track car and will never excel as such. You saying the S5 beats the 335 is laughable, ring times don't matter when a 335 pulls away from you.
lololol, I've raced many stock 335's XI and I none of them have "pulled away" from me. You crack me up, that Supercharger didn't help your winky size did it?

Old 12-15-2009, 06:59 PM
JonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to behold
I'm not making my M out to be godly, it just happens to be faster than what you suggested and is a superior performance car to your S5. It seems you have an issue with that, but I suggest you get accustomed to it.

I never said an S5 was fast, are you illiterate?

Old 12-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
lololol, I've raced many stock 335's XI and I none of them have "pulled away" from me. You crack me up, that Supercharger didn't help your winky size did it?
It seems you are getting extremely upset, why?

You have raced many stock 335xi's? Have you thought about trying a RWD variety? Maybe one that is tuned? Don't, or if you do, make sure you roll down your windows so the 335 owner can see your interior as he pulls away.

Ignorance is your claim that the S5 easily beats the 335 when that is not the case, as I demonstrated. What you demonstrated is that you result to petty insults, a shame.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Banned
I never said an S5 was fast, are you illiterate?
You suggested a Z06 sir, are you sure you are not illiterate?

Old 12-15-2009, 07:11 PM
It seems you are getting extremely upset, why?

You have raced many stock 335xi's? Have you thought about trying a RWD variety? Maybe one that is tuned? Don't, or if you do, make sure you roll down your windows so the 335 owner can see your interior as he pulls away.

Ignorance is your claim that the S5 easily beats the 335 when that is not the case, as I demonstrated. What you demonstrated is that you result to petty insults, a shame.
When did I say I easily beat them, and read back I said I've race the RWD variant, you even quoted the I in your post.

Not upset at all it's a forum bro just don't like false claims. Yes I understand the tuning capability on a 335 is far better than a S5, but the same goes for an M3. Your case may be special, but you don't reflect most cases. Fact of the matter is a stock S5 vs a STOCK 335 both properly driven the S5 should win.

Interior isn't a selling point to me, but the OP spoke about it so I acknowledged it as well. I used to drive an STi which has no luxury at all, I was just touching a point the OP addressed. Whatever vendetta you have against S5's is pretty pathetic, and to say you can't track it is also dumb, when you are arguing that a 335 could. I don't know you just seem to be all over the place with your argument, never throughout this thread did I claim the S5 to be "fast" just not as slow as everyone was portraying it. Sorry if I miss led you, I know what my car is capable of, and I love it. Everyone has their needs and I chose this over a GTR, M3 and C63. Call me dumb, but this car made me "happy." Also the C63 gets almost 100 crank naturally aspirated with simple tunes and air filter. How much $$ would it take either one of us to get that kind of power out of our V8's? Thought so. Enjoy your night, sucks you put the S5 down and maybe one day you can see it for what it is, a Grand Tourer.

Last edited by JonM; 12-15-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:20 PM
Banned
When did I say I easily beat them, and read back I said I've race the RWD variant, you even quoted the I in your post.

Not upset at all it's a forum bro just don't like false claims. Yes I understand the tuning capability on a 335 is far better than a S5, but the same goes for an M3. Your case may be special, but you don't reflect most cases. Fact of the matter is a stock S5 vs a STOCK 335 both properly driven the S5 should win.

Interior isn't a selling point to me, but the OP spoke about it so I acknowledged it as well. I used to drive an STi which has no luxury at all, I was just touching a point the OP addressed. Whatever vendetta you have against S5's is pretty pathetic, and to say you can't track it is also dumb, when you are arguing that a 335 could. I don't know you just seem to be all over the place with your argument, never throughout this thread did I claim the S5 to be "fast" just not as slow as everyone was portraying it. Sorry if I miss led you, I know what my car is capable of, and I love it. Everyone has their needs and I chose this over a GTR, M3 and C63. Call me dumb, but this car made me "happy." Also the C63 gets almost 100 crank naturally aspirated with simple tunes and air filter. How much $$ would it take either one of us to get that kind of power out of our V8's? Thought so. Enjoy your night, sucks you put the S5 down and maybe one day you can see it for what it is, a Grand Tourer.
You wrote Xi, now you are waffling back to a 335i, either way, the S5 is not beating the 335.

False claims? There have been no false claims other than this one:
At the end of the day the car is what it is, a GT overweight Coupe that is underpowered that is aimed at 335's and in stock forms the S5 wins.
How does the S5 win? In what sense? Not performance wise, sorry.

You mentioned the interior and exterior 50 times now, as it seems that is all you have to focus on and some people may not even like the interior or exterior which are subjective.

I have no vendetta, but the common theme is that the S5 is too slow, especially vs. the RS4 which is already behind the times as is.

You seem to be missing where the M3's V8 puts out much more power in the aftermarket than any of the 63 AMG's do. A 4.0 liter V8 putting out over 100 hp per liter from the factory will never match a larger, less efficient V8's bolt on power gain. You would think this would be logical for someone to comprehend.

No one is telling you what should make you happy, good for you, but the S5 sure as hell would not put as big of a smile on my face as an RS4 would which is the topic of the read.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:25 PM
You wrote Xi, now you are waffling back to a 335i, either way, the S5 is not beating the 335.

False claims? There have been no false claims other than this one: How does the S5 win? In what sense? Not performance wise, sorry.

You mentioned the interior and exterior 50 times now, as it seems that is all you have to focus on and some people may not even like the interior or exterior which are subjective.

I have no vendetta, but the common theme is that the S5 is too slow, especially vs. the RS4 which is already behind the times as is.

You seem to be missing where the M3's V8 puts out much more power in the aftermarket than any of the 63 AMG's do. A 4.0 liter V8 putting out over 100 hp per liter from the factory will never match a larger, less efficient V8's bolt on power gain. You would think this would be logical for someone to comprehend.

No one is telling you what should make you happy, good for you, but the S5 sure as hell would not put as big of a smile on my face as an RS4 would which is the topic of the read.
Can you please back up your claims to the 335 being faster as I have done. The RS4 is also a year or two older than the oldest M3 so the fact that it's behind isn't surprising. Also read back. The post remains unedited, and you even quoted it. I realize the S5 isn't fast, but whether or not you wold like to admit it it does out accelerate, and place faster track numbers when both in stock form. Sucks you won't admit, you're being ignorant and I am sorry for you. I know what I know, and I know what I've read, and I know what I've raced I don't have to prove anything to you. Enjoy your M3.

Last edited by JonM; 12-15-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Banned
Can you please back up your claims to the 335 being faster as I have done. The RS4 is also a year or two older than the oldest M3 so the fact that it's behind isn't surprising. Also read back. The post remains unedited, and you even quoted it. I realize the S5 isn't fast, but whether or not you wold like to admit it it does out accelerate, and place faster track numbers when both in stock form. Sucks you won't admit, you're being ignorant and I am sorry for you. I know what I know, and I know what I've read, and I know what I've raced I don't have to prove anything to you. Enjoy your M3.
Are you kidding me? 335's are running deep into the 11's, stock for stock the 335 traps just slightly higher. You said the S5 wins, it doesn't, and the 335 is lighter while putting its horsepower down through a more efficient drivetrain. Pretty simple stuff to understand?

How does it out accelerate the 335? We have a mountain of timeslips that disagree with you, the highest S5 trapspeed and best 1/4 mile time comes from a magazine. You don't know what you are talking about, you won't prove anything, because ignorance is not paying attention to the evidence right in front of you.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:38 PM
Are you kidding me? 335's are running deep into the 11's, stock for stock the 335 traps just slightly higher. You said the S5 wins, it doesn't, and the 335 is lighter while putting its horsepower down through a more efficient drivetrain. Pretty simple stuff to understand?

How does it out accelerate the 335? We have a mountain of timeslips that disagree with you, the highest S5 trapspeed and best 1/4 mile time comes from a magazine. You don't know what you are talking about, you won't prove anything, because ignorance is not paying attention to the evidence right in front of you.
I understand what worked 335's are capable, trust me I do. I am looking at your dragtimes website and I only see 335 times, there are three for the S5. Have you personally raced an S5 in a stock 335? You talk like you have experience so I don't know. Why do you seem like you're getting upset? I have proven it on the road, and through test numbers from different websites and yes, magazines. Out of the three times, the fastest S5 quarter mile was faster than any stock 335 quarter mile time I saw on the website. So thank you for proving me right.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:42 PM
I just made sure what I said was creditable, and I'm right! You proved me right lol, the fastest stock quarter mile for the S5 is faster than any stock 335 time. Thanks for the info bro!

Wait, take that back there are a few that are faster, but to be fair there is only three times for the S5 so thats not saying much.

Last edited by JonM; 12-15-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:46 PM
I don't have time to circle jerk and argue with you on whats faster, I know what the S5 can and can't do and what it's capable of is enough for the time being.

To the OP, good luck with your car search man.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:04 PM
Audi_s5 is infamous around these parts
this is what happens when you put m3 guys in an audi forum

can we get back to the original post of RS4 vs. S5.. After reading your post I am ready to dip into my money market and order the MTM supercharger.. Then we will talk about the fastest car with the best of all worlds.... Looks, speed, handling..

The reason I bought my s5 originally is because no one else had one in the area.. I see 10-20 M3's every week.. Kind of like Tiger Woods girlfriends, they are everywhere!!

IMHO..

Last edited by Audi_s5; 12-15-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:10 PM
RS4-Brian is infamous around these partsRS4-Brian is infamous around these parts
Amen Audi_S5...maybe you guys can start a new "S5 vs. 335" thread somewhere else (I'm quite sure there are already several out there).

Geez...calm down...it's almost Christmas.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:12 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Wow. This thread turned ugly real fast...

Curio, I think you took my posts and maybe took it out of context. Let me tell you why the S5 is sitting in the garage and not the M3.

First, performance was not the only thing I was after. I have my turbo for that.

Second, the S5 is a much better looking car. That's subjective, I know.

Third, I don't like the BMW interiors at all.

Finally, the real deciding factor was that everyone and their mother has an M3 and the S5 is rare compared to the M3.

Whatever the case, neither the M3 or the S5 is ideal if you are looking for 1/4 mile times.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: S5 vs. RS4