Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

S5 vs. RS4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Wow. This thread turned ugly real fast...

Curio, I think you took my posts and maybe took it out of context. Let me tell you why the S5 is sitting in the garage and not the M3.

First, performance was not the only thing I was after. I have my turbo for that.

Second, the S5 is a much better looking car. That's subjective, I know.

Third, I don't like the BMW interiors at all.

Finally, the real deciding factor was that everyone and their mother has an M3 and the S5 is rare compared to the M3.

Whatever the case, neither the M3 or the S5 is ideal if you are looking for 1/4 mile times.
I disagree, the M3 is an awesome 1/4 mile platform, hence why I chose it instead of a 911 turbo because everyone and their mother mods turbos.

I did not take your posts out of context at all, how so?

If you did not have the turbo to satisfy your performance desire, would you still have the S5? Don't think so, it is not that kind of car.

Does your wife drive the S5, yes or no?

The M3 is the better looking car, that's subjective, yep.

I think Audi interiors are overrated.

Whatever the case, the S5 is not ideal if you are looking for 1/4 mile times or performance potential.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JonM
I understand what worked 335's are capable, trust me I do. I am looking at your dragtimes website and I only see 335 times, there are three for the S5. Have you personally raced an S5 in a stock 335? You talk like you have experience so I don't know. Why do you seem like you're getting upset? I have proven it on the road, and through test numbers from different websites and yes, magazines. Out of the three times, the fastest S5 quarter mile was faster than any stock 335 quarter mile time I saw on the website. So thank you for proving me right.
You have proved it on the road? Wow, sorry if I don't take your word for it. Why not take your car to the strip and wow us with how you stack up to 335's?

What don't you understand about the 335 being lighter and putting its power to the rear wheels? It is also forced induction. Quattro is a liability, unless the race is in the snow, you lose.

You don't seem to understand the difference between a timeslip and a magazine number. You have no individual owner times posted, don't you get it? You must also have trouble reading as the fastest stock time on there would be 13.2 for the 335 vs. the a 13.3 magazine time for the S5 What was that about proving you right?

It is not even a comparison, you throw a tune or some 100 octane in the 335 and it dusts the S5. Not to mention the 335 is now coming from the factory with more boost, just increasing the gap. The S5 is simply not as good of a performance platform, end of story, you just don't have any hands on experience.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:16 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Wow. What makes you bring the turbo into this equation? Did you really decide on the M3 due to it's drag race friendly platform? Are you serious? There are more turbos or M3's on the road?
Why are you so defensive of the M3 and why are you so aggressive in your response buddy?

Old 12-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Banned
Wow. What makes you bring the turbo into this equation? Did you really decide on the M3 due to it's drag race friendly platform? Are you serious? There are more turbos or M3's on the road?
Why are you so defensive of the M3 and why are you so aggressive in your response buddy?
I'm not sure why you took it as agressive? I brought the turbo into the equation making a similar point as you did regarding the proliferation of them in performance modification. I thought I made that quite clear? There are far more modded turbos around than supercharged E92 M3's, wouldn't you say?

Wasn't your argument against the M3 due to how many there are? Why does that make sense yet the idea that there are not many modified ones in comparison to something like a 911 turbo not make sense?

I really got the M3 as I saw the performance potential of the best naturally aspirated V8 in its class with a bit of boost. Seems that I was right Are you serious when you say the M3 is not a good straightline platform? It certainly is more so than any A4 or A5 in production.

I'm not aggressive just because I'm not typing what some would like to read, but it most certainly is correct.

I'm curious as to why you are not critical of your S5 friend in regards to his responses that degenerated into petty insults?

Last edited by CURI0; 12-15-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:34 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Never mind. The M3 is the best car ever built. Ok you win. The S5 sucks and the turbo sucks too...

Btw I do believe you hijacked this thread first and you started throwing the insults first. Enjoy your worlds greatest car.

Unsubscribed.....

Old 12-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Banned
Never mind. The M3 is the best car ever built. Ok you win. The S5 sucks and the turbo sucks too...

Btw I do believe you hijacked this thread first and you started throwing the insults first. Enjoy your worlds greatest car.

Unsubscribed.....
Well sir, you are mistaken, I threw no insults, they began here when someone got upset I voiced my opinion which is contrary to theirs:

I'm sorry, but if anyone pisses me off on this forum it's you.
they then continued here:

You crack me up, that Supercharger didn't help your winky size did it?
So, you are mistaken and in addition I did not bring up the M3, your fellow S5 owner mentioned it first here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/2654960-post28.html

For that matter just get a Z06, it will **** on most cars on the road including the equally priced all hailed BMW M3.
Sorry to see you leave with wrong conclusions based on incorrect assumptions

Old 12-15-2009, 10:35 PM
JonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to behold

Unsubscribed.....
You're my hero. Seriously. If I knew how to give rep I would. And this isn't sarcasm.

edit** figured it out.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:45 PM
JonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to beholdJonM is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CURI0
Well sir, you are mistaken, I threw no insults, they began here when someone got upset I voiced my opinion which is contrary to theirs:

they then continued here:

So, you are mistaken and in addition I did not bring up the M3, your fellow S5 owner mentioned it first here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/2654960-post28.html

Sorry to see you leave with wrong conclusions based on incorrect assumptions
You've been wrong so many times on so many posts it's beyond me. The OP brought in the M3, and regardless who started with the insults (I know it's prolly me) it doesn't matter. You think your car is God, and you can't accept anything being better than BMW. I have yet to see you supply me with any evidence the 335i is faster. Even if you do it's all subjective to driver, and unlike you I'm not ignorant enough to deny that. My argument this whole time has been simple, and it is just this.

The S5 is a GT coupe. It is heavy, underpowered and not the fastest car this side of North America, BUT regardless it's weight and power ratio it still puts down similar, if not faster times than the 3 series it was aimed at when both are in STOCK form. I understand what a 335 is capable of with a few simple mods, and I am not denying I'd get beat by a chipped one. I can only hope one day you can hop off the BMW bandwagon and see there are other great cars on the road, and not everyone purchases a car based on performance solely. My next car will most likely be the RS5, or a used 997, and those should be plenty great at speeding and handling. Till than the S5 far suffices my needs in a daily driver, reliably. Once again enjoy your M3, stop beating a dead horse, and get off this thread if you have nothing nice to say.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:56 PM
Banned
You've been wrong so many times on so many posts it's beyond me. The OP brought in the M3, and regardless who started with the insults (I know it's prolly me) it doesn't matter. You think your car is God, and you can't accept anything being better than BMW. I have yet to see you supply me with any evidence the 335i is faster. Even if you do it's all subjective to driver, and unlike you I'm not ignorant enough to deny that. My argument this whole time has been simple, and it is just this.

The S5 is a GT coupe. It is heavy, underpowered and not the fastest car this side of North America, BUT regardless it's weight and power ratio it still puts down similar, if not faster times than the 3 series it was aimed at when both are in STOCK form. I understand what a 335 is capable of with a few simple mods, and I am not denying I'd get beat by a chipped one. I can only hope one day you can hop off the BMW bandwagon and see there are other great cars on the road, and not everyone purchases a car based on performance solely. My next car will most likely be the RS5, or a used 997, and those should be plenty great at speeding and handling. Till than the S5 far suffices my needs in a daily driver, reliably. Once again enjoy your M3, stop beating a dead horse, and get off this thread if you have nothing nice to say.
Actually, it does matter, and I supported my conclusion with actual evidence from the thread.

Have you heard of supporting things with evidence?

My car has nothing to do with the fact the RS4 is a stronger performer than the S5. My car has nothing to do with 335's wiping the floor with S5's. That is how it is, accept it already.

In stock form, the S5 does not put down faster numbers, the 335 will pull up top and from a roll, please SUPPORT it, like this:

Do you know what that is? A dyno chart, which shows you, that even with an exhaust and tune the S5 is heavier and putting out less hp @ the wheels than a 335. The 335 also comes with a performance option now pushing more boost, understand? The 335 also puts out over 100 hp @ the wheels more with a tune and exhaust. That isn't even a comparison. Why don't you get it?

If this is not enough for you, check out fourtitude which tested the same cars at the same place and found the 335 to be the quicker car: http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publi...cle_3709.shtml No BMW bias there, right?

If you are going to continue to make baseless assertions, I am going to continue to correct you.

I'm glad you are happy with your S5, but put forth accurate information not just drivel like, "The S5 beats the 335" which is not true whatsoever.

Last edited by CURI0; 12-15-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:20 PM
Did you read the times they were running with all the cars? They were all slow, the person testing obviously couldn't drive.

Track Times, and acceleration comparison- http://fastestlaps.com/index.php?pag...=45fd0fcbd70cb

Audi S5 Tests
Edmunds- http://www.insideline.com/audi/s5/20...8-audi-s5.html 13.3 Quarter Mile at 104.6 mph. 0-60 in 4.9

Motor Trend- http://blogs.motortrend.com/6212023/...yum/index.html Quarter Mile in 13.1 at 105.2. 0-60 in 4.5

335i Tests
Edmunds- http://www.insideline.com/audi/s4/20...-bmw-335i.html 13.5 Quarter Mile at 103.8 mph. 0-60 in 4.9

Motor Trend- http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...335/specs.html 13.7 Quarter Mile at 104.00 mph. 0-60 5.1

Please give me a reputable tester who has the 335 faster. The S5 usually posts better number on track, and on the dragstrip. Sorry to hurt your feelings man, but the BMW is beat here. Now just stop beating the horse and let it be dead.

Last edited by JonM; 12-15-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:28 PM
Also it's funny despite losing the "drag race" they still granted S5 as the winner at the end of the day. Keep diggin your grave bro, you keep proving me right.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:38 PM
Banned
Also it's funny despite losing the "drag race" they still granted S5 as the winner at the end of the day. Keep diggin your grave bro, you keep proving me right.
So... you essentially just realized this comment was wrong:
but to say that the S5 is slower than a damn 335 is just stupid and shows your fricken ignorance
That S5 they tested at the same time same place with the 335 must have just been an anomaly, right? The fact 335's are running in the 11's with a tune and the S5 can't break 300 wheel is an anomaly right? It starting to sink in yet?

I'm glad you are learning something and I have helped to alleviate your ignorance.

I sure hope fourtitude picks the S5 Individuals who are interested in performance will pick the 335 as it is not a comparison, the S5 is a weak performer with little potential. A nice car, just slow, that is all. I sure am digging my grave here, you are doing so well.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:41 PM
So... you essentially just realized this comment was wrong:

That S5 they tested at the same time same place with the 335 must have just been an anomaly, right? The fact 335's are running in the 11's with a tune and the S5 can't break 300 wheel is an anomaly right? It starting to sink in yet?

I'm glad you are learning something and I have helped to alleviate your ignorance.

I sure hope fourtitude picks the S5 Individuals who are interested in performance will pick the 335 as it is not a comparison, the S5 is a weak performer with little potential. A nice car, just slow, that is all. I sure am digging my grave here, you are doing so well.

Ok, ok got it....everyone has got to bow down to BMW they are the best. The M3 is the greatest, followed by the 335. I gotchya. Goodnight man, I'm going off to dream of being in such a fast car like a 335.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:42 PM
Banned
Ok, ok got it....everyone has got to bow down to BMW they are the best. The M3 is the greatest, followed by the 335. I gotchya. Goodnight man, I'm going off to dream of being in such a fast car like a 335.
No, that is not it, I just would like for you to learn something. That way in the future, you will be able to contribute accurate information. Goodnight!

Old 12-15-2009, 11:47 PM
No, that is not it, I just would like for you to learn something. That way in the future, you will be able to contribute accurate information. Goodnight!
The only thing I learned is why Clarkson refers to M drivers as ****s, hahahahahhah. You are a misinformed, biased, and incapable of accepting truth. Goodnight is the best thing you've said all night

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: S5 vs. RS4