Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Looking at an A8, anyone have experience?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 10:09 AM
Banned
Benjamin Choi will become famous soon enough
Lots of juveniles up in here, buddy. Don't hate. Appreciate.

Old 01-04-2005, 10:40 AM
Banned
Benjamin Choi will become famous soon enough
Smart thing on editing your earlier comments that stink of racism and denigrate anything as being "juvenile" that which is modded lest we forget that customization of one's vehicle represents a most favored act by a vast majority here at 6speedonline.

Last edited by Benjamin Choi; 01-04-2005 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:02 AM
Sherpa is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Moogle
M5 or S class. why would anyone get the A8
Because not everyone lives in Miami. Some of us need AWD.

Here's my S8:

It's an awesome car that gets a lot of track time.

Last edited by Sherpa; 01-04-2005 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:15 PM
Gator Smiles is on a distinguished road
Just a couple of A8 pictures I've collected--not my car. First is with 21" BBS RXII I, I believe. Second, is an optional OEM wheel.

Old 01-04-2005, 01:17 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by Sherpa
Because not everyone lives in Miami. Some of us need AWD.
It is such a common misconception that you need AWD for snow traction. I have been using snow tires on BMW's for years with no problems whatsoever. I go through everything. BTW, does it snow in Germany?? Don't you think if traction were so bad with rear drive and snow tires, that BMW and MB would have a problem?? BMW and MB were forced to make cars AWD because of the US market and the common misconception of needing AWD!

Lou

Old 01-04-2005, 05:22 PM
JonA4 will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by LSM
It is such a common misconception that you need AWD for snow traction. I have been using snow tires on BMW's for years with no problems whatsoever. I go through everything. BTW, does it snow in Germany?? Don't you think if traction were so bad with rear drive and snow tires, that BMW and MB would have a problem?? BMW and MB were forced to make cars AWD because of the US market and the common misconception of needing AWD!

Lou
Believe me LOU, driving a car with all wheel drive, and rear wheel in the winter in canada, and northern US is like night and day. Even if both have ESP traction controll.

Old 01-04-2005, 08:35 PM
ara
ara is on a distinguished road
thanks for the help guys, i'm pretty sure we're getting the a8, as for awd, it helps big time here in Eastern Canada, we get dumped with snow, and i live in westmount and there are a lot of hills in here and my father's e class would have a hard time and stress you out for nothing. Why go through that when you can just plow right through.

Plus with all the land we bought for commercial reasons and all those unpaved snowy roads, we need this car.

Thanks again guys.

Old 01-05-2005, 03:22 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by JonA4
Believe me LOU, driving a car with all wheel drive, and rear wheel in the winter in canada, and northern US is like night and day. Even if both have ESP traction controll.
I live in Chicago, snow tires and BMW's go through EVERYTHING. I am sure its better to have AWD, but, certainly not necessary like many people have suggested when making pro Audi arguments.

Lou

Old 01-05-2005, 07:13 PM
collin996tt is on a distinguished road
Isn't chicargo flat? AWD makes all the difference in hills.

Old 01-06-2005, 01:06 PM
MKW
MKW is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Benjamin Choi
lest we forget that customization of one's vehicle represents a most favored act by a vast majority here at 6speedonline.
And 99.9 % of the mods by the 6 speeders look ike sh*t !

Last edited by MKW; 01-06-2005 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:24 PM
Sherpa is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by LSM

Lou
I push RWD BMW's up icy hills quite often... with a Volvo.

RWD is not better than AWD in winter, regardless of what tires you have.

Old 01-22-2005, 06:33 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally posted by teutonictrio
I love the new A8L - loved it first time I saw it on the road. These opinions of its ride are likely just guesses, as I bet few have driven it. All the reviews I have seen mention its amazing ride which has more sporting character than it's competition in the S430 or LS430.

Reliability is bound to be a problem - we had terrible issues with our A6 and now have the Lexus instead. The depreciation can work to your benefit, if you buy lightly used! The biggest depreciation hit is always the first year, so buy a 1 year old example with extended warranty (you'll need it) and you have a sweet ride for a sweet price.

I don't know of a single luxury car out there under 100k that is as attractive as the A8L. S-class is long in the tooth, LS is always driven by blue hairs, and Q45 is too wacky. When you get into the Bentleys and Maybachs you are in a different league. The Phaeton might be a great machine, but it's still a big Jetta.
i want a big Jetta when i grow up and get married and have a family.