Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

The way a B5 S4 drivetrain should look!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
The way a B5 S4 drivetrain should look!!

Retro fit Nissan Skyline R34 rear end, DSS driveshaft, DSS axles. After shattering 3 stock S4 rears and a rear axle on the launch control.. it was time for an upgrade.

Modified 034 diff brace

Front shot of rear

Quick shot before all buttoned up..

Jet coated turbo manifold and valve cover

But did all of these shenanigans work?? Yeah.. they sure did..

Unfortunately we did not break our previous record of 9.7@147 yet.. that shot was of the first pass we made at the event. the head gasket had a slight failure in 4th and forced us to let off the gas and end the day. However.. letting off in 4th gear, the car still managed to click off a 10.5 @ 141

Check out the USP Motorsports Youtube channel for some videos of my S4.

Old 04-14-2010, 03:03 PM
hyboost is on a distinguished road
Looks good Chris. My old man was telling about you guys doing the Skyline rear end. Crazy

I just booked May 2nd at Sebring, so we'll see you guys out there.

Rob

Old 04-14-2010, 04:05 PM
imola s4 will become famous soon enough
That's awesome Chris. What made you choose an R34 rear diff? Seeing as the car isn't sold in the US, was it hard to source? Also, what axles are on the front? DSS?

Old 04-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by imola s4
That's awesome Chris. What made you choose an R34 rear diff? Seeing as the car isn't sold in the US, was it hard to source? Also, what axles are on the front? DSS?

It was the only strong rear end I could find that was IRS/4.11 gear.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:18 PM
imola s4 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Chris Green@USP
It was the only strong rear end I could find that was IRS/4.11 gear.
Which R34 did this come from? V-Spec etc.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:53 PM
colt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of light
damn that is awesome.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:32 PM
quickgti1.8t is on a distinguished road
Wow your insane chris. post updates of this car please.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:57 PM
imlowlife is on a distinguished road
looks sick more pic's/updates

Old 05-18-2010, 06:15 AM
Efterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these parts
Where did you find a R34 rear end?

Old 05-18-2010, 01:22 PM
IPGJames has much to be proud ofIPGJames has much to be proud ofIPGJames has much to be proud ofIPGJames has much to be proud ofIPGJames has much to be proud ofIPGJames has much to be proud ofIPGJames has much to be proud ofIPGJames has much to be proud ofIPGJames has much to be proud of
that GTR owner is really going to be pissed when you bring this back out for him, lol

Old 05-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Poor S4... Sorry, as cool as that looks and as much as I appreciate the engineering behind it..Which is very very very nicely done... Why go through the hassle of putting Skyline parts in an Audi...Why not just get a Skyline..

Thats about as bad as a Chevy v8 in your 911

Thumbs up for the work !!! Thumbs down for the concept ...

IMHO.... Very nicely done.. Just couldnt bring myself to do it.. But I do understand your point of the Audi parts not being able to take the drag abuse.........

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 05-18-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:15 PM
quickgti1.8t is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Poor S4... Sorry, as cool as that looks and as much as I appreciate the engineering behind it..Which is very very very nicely done... Why go through the hassle of putting Skyline parts in an Audi...Why not just get a Skyline..

IMHO.... Very nicely done.. Just couldnt bring myself to do it.. But I do understand your point of the Audi parts not being able to take the drag abuse.........
So he should of used the stock S4 and kept blowing it up. He only has 1 part from the skyline so it could hold the power. This is not a normal S4 heck he has a VR6 in it

Old 05-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by quickgti1.8t
So he should of used the stock S4 and kept blowing it up. He only has 1 part from the skyline so it could hold the power. This is not a normal S4 heck he has a VR6 in it

Easy... Your taking this all wrong.... If you read my response you can see that I am clearly appreciating the work that was done. I'm just breaking his stones because of the parts he choose that's all..

I guess I just don't appreciate the skyline parts in a Audi.. Is nothing sacred anymore? LOL

Old 05-19-2010, 05:27 AM
The Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fixed Roof. has a spectacular aura about
Easy... Your taking this all wrong.... If you read my response you can see that I am clearly appreciating the work that was done. I'm just breaking his stones because of the parts he choose that's all..

I guess I just don't appreciate the skyline parts in a Audi.. Is nothing sacred anymore? LOL

Think outside the box.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:45 AM
Former Vendor

it's a rear end not a motor.....people put mustang rear ends in cars all the time.

when I take both the Porsche to the track and the Audi.....people don't even look at the Porsche since the Audi looks like such a stock car that fly's. only reason I went with the Nissan rear end was cause of the size a mustang one would not fit.

3 things it took to find a rear end

1. IRS and size
2. had to be a 4:11 gear
3.had to be proven to hold 1000whp

go look if you find all 3 in any other rear end out there.

what would be your fix it was your car?

Last edited by Chris Green@USP; 05-19-2010 at 07:57 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The way a B5 S4 drivetrain should look!!