Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

R8 used prices?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 11:35 AM
tank is just really nicetank is just really nicetank is just really nicetank is just really nice
Originally Posted by raiyu
No carbon bits, black with black panels. Red interior, all of the major goodies, though I think most of that is standard on the V10.

Shadow five spoke rims.

Unfortunately Im away for work upstate so this is what I've been dealing with the last month.

I guess that answers the question of whether or not its a daily driver for me.
Curious, no carbon bits...? V10's come standard with many of the offered c.f. options...

Old 03-20-2011, 01:03 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
R8 is out, guys... The wife and I can NOT agree on a transmission. She's tired of shifting manually, and I don't want an automatic.

So we are back to another GT-R, or Turbo w/PDK (we both LOVE the dual clutch systems)...

*edit: until a DCG works its way into the R8.

Last edited by jaspergtr; 03-20-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:47 PM
997C2SM is just really nice997C2SM is just really nice997C2SM is just really nice997C2SM is just really nice997C2SM is just really nice
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
R8 is out, guys... The wife and I can NOT agree on a transmission. She's tired of shifting manually, and I don't want an automatic.

So we are back to another GT-R, or Turbo w/PDK (we both the dual clutch systems)...

Yeah gotta get the gated manual in the R8...

GT-R better bang for your buck. Cheapest pre owned Turbo's with PDK I have seen are around 130K, and not many out there. 2010 was first model year with 500hp PDK so many still on lease.

Good Luck!

Last edited by 997C2SM; 03-20-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:16 PM
emissary will become famous soon enough

So we are back to another GT-R, or Turbo w/PDK (we both LOVE the dual clutch systems)...

Is the R8's R-Tronic really that much worse than the GT-R's DSG? Assuming using "manual shifting mode" (as opposed to Auto), that is...

Old 03-21-2011, 06:16 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by emissary
Is the R8's R-Tronic really that much worse than the GT-R's DSG? Assuming using "manual shifting mode" (as opposed to Auto), that is...
Yes.

... In both auto AND manual mode.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:23 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by emissary
The R-Tronic is not as clinical. u can feel the gear changes, it feels rougher and it is a tad slower than a DSG, but it is not really a bad tranny. it´s just the not the fastest and most effective in today´s automotive world.
i would go for a stick anyway, cause it will be a rarity in the future, just like a V10 engine! stick and V10 = huge win imho!

Old 03-29-2011, 12:18 PM
s4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura about
For those interested in the bay area Craigslist there is a guy that's been slowly dropping his price on a 08 Mugello blue R8 with 16k miles. (R-tronic)

I think he's around $92k obo right now.

I have no affiliation with seller, just saw the ad popping up.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:47 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by s4play
For those interested in the bay area Craigslist there is a guy that's been slowly dropping his price on a 08 Mugello blue R8 with 16k miles. (R-tronic)

I think he's around $92k obo right now.

I have no affiliation with seller, just saw the ad popping up.
Thanks I saw that ad, Los Altos or close IIRC. Too bad it's R-tronic.

Is it possible to get extended warranty on PP R8? I know we can for Porsche as long as the OEM warranty hasn't expired.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:50 PM
dr john is on a distinguished road
I have an V10 R tronic. Have used it on the track and use the car for business trips. It works well in both scenarios. I would do it again w/out hesitation.

Cheers,

Dr. John

Old 03-30-2011, 12:48 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dr john
I have an V10 R tronic. Have used it on the track and use the car for business trips. It works well in both scenarios. I would do it again w/out hesitation.

Cheers,

Dr. John
Thanks for input. I have always been a 3 pedal guy but I was pleasantly surprised by the PDK transmission on a 2011 C2S I took for a spin at a Porsche event. How does the R-tronic compare?

Old 03-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by surfah
Thanks for input. I have always been a 3 pedal guy but I was pleasantly surprised by the PDK transmission on a 2011 C2S I took for a spin at a Porsche event. How does the R-tronic compare?
So many people are taking the same path as you... The dual clutch systems are quite fun in their own way. They are not automatics. I think as more people try them out, the overall feel of "it's just an automatic" will start to go away.

(I'm not referring to die hard single clutch guys - just as some people didn't throw away their manual typewriters in favor of an electric typewriter)

Old 03-30-2011, 07:06 PM
Scott1961 is on a distinguished road
My only sequential type box was my 2002 M3 SMG, even though that early model was flawed I did see some great things in it. But I will never buy another car that doesn't have a 3rd pedal, Something about slapping the shifter through the metal gate just puts a huge smile on my face on every drive

Old 03-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Scott1961
My only sequential type box was my 2002 M3 SMG, even though that early model was flawed I did see some great things in it. But I will never buy another car that doesn't have a 3rd pedal, Something about slapping the shifter through the metal gate just puts a huge smile on my face on every drive
The M3 SMG is light years away from a dual clutch gearbox (in my opinion). The two should never be compared as the same thing.

Old 03-31-2011, 04:16 AM
Scott1961 is on a distinguished road
The M3 SMG is light years away from a dual clutch gearbox (in my opinion). The two should never be compared as the same thing.
You are right on that, My point is even if a dual clutch gearbox is faster and better there will be people who would miss the 3rd pedal and I am one of them. So to me at least the argument is not which is better it's which one do I want to use.

Last edited by Scott1961; 03-31-2011 at 04:20 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:54 AM
Originally Posted by Scott1961
You are right on that, My point is even if a dual clutch gearbox is faster and better there will be people who would miss the 3rd pedal and I am one of them. So to me at least the argument is not which is better it's which one do I want to use.
Gotcha!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: R8 used prices?