Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

R8 used prices?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 05:09 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
R-tronic is not an Audi transmission ... Its Lambo E-gear (single clutch sequential manual). Its not even an audi gearbox, its the Graziano gearbox (the same one that's found in Ferrari 360, Ferrari F430, Gallardo, Aston Vantage & etc). Its a bulletproof transmission that can take stupid power when built for it (think of all the underground racing TT cars out there, they are all on Graziano gearboxes).

hope that helps

Old 06-03-2011, 07:40 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
^ Why didn't I know this? Thanks for the info.

That raises a question, though - why don't we see mad R8 TT builds? (Same engine, same transmission)

Old 06-03-2011, 09:08 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
R-tronic is not an Audi transmission ... Its Lambo E-gear (single clutch sequential manual). Its not even an audi gearbox, its the Graziano gearbox (the same one that's found in Ferrari 360, Ferrari F430, Gallardo, Aston Vantage & etc). Its a bulletproof transmission that can take stupid power when built for it (think of all the underground racing TT cars out there, they are all on Graziano gearboxes).

hope that helps
Interesting view. I always heard that the R-tronic was an inferior transmission compared to BMW's DCT and Porsche's PDK. At the Gallardo Roadshow, I hit WOT with the E-gear on a Spyder, engine sound was deafening. That tranny was not bad although I was not comfortable blipping the throttle on downshifts coming from a 6SP manual.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:03 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
I think it was rumored by Road & Track that 2013 R8 will feature DSG (S Tronic) vs R Tronic. I've decided to hold off my purchase until this has been confirmed regardless of the fact that R Tronic is a fine tranny.

Last edited by sbkim; 06-09-2011 at 06:07 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:30 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sbkim
I think it was rumored by Road & Track that 2013 R8 will feature DSG (S Tronic) vs R Tronic. I've decided to hold off my purchase until this has been confirmed regardless of the fact that R Tronic is a fine tranny.
Loving this rumor...

Old 06-09-2011, 08:48 AM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
^ Why didn't I know this? Thanks for the info.

That raises a question, though - why don't we see mad R8 TT builds? (Same engine, same transmission)
I think a different demographic (slightly). TT guys seem to favor the styling of the Lambo's.

One can also buy used Gallardo's for a lot less $$ than the 'newer' used V10 R8's.

UGR is however doing them by the looks of this:
http://www.undergroundracing.com/car...y/audi-r8.html

Old 06-10-2011, 06:12 PM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Loving this rumor...

http://www.roadandtrack.com/future-c...h-transmission

Old 06-11-2011, 06:51 AM
Well, I don't know 'bout you guys, but this changes the game for me... Starting to think that I may have to hold off a couple years on my next car to see what the result will be.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:37 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Get the car with a manual row gear box while you still can. Especially since this car's manual gearbox is the most amazing one I've ever tried.

Otherwise let's all get Ferraris and have someone chauffeur us around and take all of the please out of driving entirely.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by raiyu
Get the car with a manual row gear box while you still can. Especially since this car's manual gearbox is the most amazing one I've ever tried.

Otherwise let's all get Ferraris and have someone chauffeur us around and take all of the please out of driving entirely.
I know what you're saying... But rowing gears is only fun for me when I'm on track, or other performance driving. I plan to drive my next car almost every day (alternating with whatever GT-R model I have at the time, I don't see being without one for at least the next 10 years).