Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

R8 used prices?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 06:01 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by surfah
Thanks I saw that ad, Los Altos or close IIRC. Too bad it's R-tronic.

Is it possible to get extended warranty on PP R8? I know we can for Porsche as long as the OEM warranty hasn't expired.
I got a CPO warranty on my '10 R8 V10 from the dealership. I think if it still has factory warranty you could probably get a CPO through a dealership. Definitely worth it imo if you plan on driving the car a lot and keeping it a long time.

Certainly won't hurt the resale if you got it.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:35 PM
s4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura about
I drove my buddies R-tronic V8 R8 the other day and granted it's certainly no slouch, I would horribly miss a 3rd pedal on such a sporty car. He asked me to floor it and the car is fast regardless what tranny it has I know that but it shift a bit more rough than the DSG.

Although I dislike GTR's, the auto in that car feels light years ahead in terms of technology.

Glad to see Audi still keeping the 3-pedal car while other exotics pretty much all but eliminate it these days sad...

Old 04-25-2011, 08:48 AM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
This is definitely one of the most rewarding cars to shift. Manual is by far the best route.

Smoothest transmission and gear shifter ever and a very light flywheel stock.

Makes you switch gears really fast but the car just keeps pulling like a freight train. Definitely feel that Lambo power with the throttle down.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:00 PM
WVS4 is on a distinguished road
My recent experience with Audi CPO...

I sold my CPO B7 S4 and checked into having it passed on to the new buyer. I was told that as of a year or so ago it could not be passed on and the car would have to pass through the dealership (title wise) to gain the CPO for the next buyer. (at about $1600 for the s4) I purchased a GTR and a buddy just traded his silver 6m R8 in on a v-10 spyder in Lexington. I believe they gave him around $105k for his car (with 3k miles on it) for what its worth. And as stated the Audi auto can not be compared to the dual clutch conterparts of Porsche or Nissan.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:38 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WVS4
I sold my CPO B7 S4 and checked into having it passed on to the new buyer. I was told that as of a year or so ago it could not be passed on and the car would have to pass through the dealership (title wise) to gain the CPO for the next buyer. (at about $1600 for the s4) I purchased a GTR and a buddy just traded his silver 6m R8 in on a v-10 spyder in Lexington. I believe they gave him around $105k for his car (with 3k miles on it) for what its worth. And as stated the Audi auto can not be compared to the dual clutch conterparts of Porsche or Nissan.
Good info to know. I'm looking at used V8 R8s but refuse to own one out of warranty. The fact that I can't get an extended warranty if I go private purchase is disconcerting. With my 997.1 C2S, I can get extended warranty anytime before the OEM warranty expires and the extended warranty which is good for an additional 3 years may be passed on to the next owner or else I get reimbursed for the remaining duration of the extended warranty.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:49 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
^ True with most other cars.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:59 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Well, looks like I'm waiting for the 991 then. Unsure whether it's worth jumping to a 997.2 C2S with PDK and SC for a couple of years. My 997.1 still has only 14K miles on it despite being a DD. I already test drove the GTR (not my style), M3 hardtop vert is a step down and SL 550 may be a little too "mature" for my age. R8 would have been a nice step up from my 911 and not as extravagant as an F430 while still being a functional DD.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:58 AM
Well, looks like I'm waiting for the 991 then. Unsure whether it's worth jumping to a 997.2 C2S with PDK and SC for a couple of years. My 997.1 still has only 14K miles on it despite being a DD. I already test drove the GTR (not my style), M3 hardtop vert is a step down and SL 550 may be a little too "mature" for my age. R8 would have been a nice step up from my 911 and not as extravagant as an F430 while still being a functional DD.
R8 really is the perfect fit, given your mileage though you would still have plenty of the factory warranty if you get a relatively fresh one as they all have few miles and you'd be good to 50K.

If you havent test driven one give it a shot, I guarantee that after the test drive you won't be able to sleep till you got it in the driveway.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:03 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
What year GT-R?

Old 04-27-2011, 12:25 PM
emissary will become famous soon enough
R8 would have been a nice step up from my 911 and not as extravagant as an F430 while still being a functional DD.
As someone who just bought an R8 to replace my 996TT, this was exactly my thinking.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by raiyu
R8 really is the perfect fit, given your mileage though you would still have plenty of the factory warranty if you get a relatively fresh one as they all have few miles and you'd be good to 50K.

If you havent test driven one give it a shot, I guarantee that after the test drive you won't be able to sleep till you got it in the driveway.
OK so like a 2010? Warranty will still be good for 4 years total? I only average 4K a year so total mileage is not an issue.

Originally Posted by jaspergtr
What year GT-R?
1st year, it felt a little heavy on surface streets coming from my C2S. Was a blast opening her up on the highway in straightline acceleration with the turbos screaming.

Originally Posted by emissary
As someone who just bought an R8 to replace my 996TT, this was exactly my thinking.
Great minds think alike

Old 04-28-2011, 07:38 AM
1st year, it felt a little heavy on surface streets coming from my C2S. Was a blast opening her up on the highway in straightline acceleration with the turbos screaming.
Once you cornered, or braked, it would have felt even better. If you think the performance of that one was okay, try the 2012. I feel that it brakes better than it accelerates, and corners better than it brakes - and all of those gizmos are better than it corners. But it isn't for everyone, for sure.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:50 AM
mod220 is on a distinguished road
whats the skinny on maintenance/reliability for the R8s? as reliable as a 997tt?

Old 06-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by mod220
whats the skinny on maintenance/reliability for the R8s? as reliable as a 997tt?
I've ran into a few issues with my 997TT so I wouldn't say those are particularly carefree. Certainly not as bad as old exotics though.

I would say routine maintenance is on par.

As for long term durability you'll see even less R8s with higher mileage than 997TTs.

But the dealership will give you the same CPO as if its an A4 so they will stand behind the product if you get a CPO'd one.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by raiyu
I've ran into a few issues with my 997TT so I wouldn't say those are particularly carefree. Certainly not as bad as old exotics though.

I would say routine maintenance is on par.

As for long term durability you'll see even less R8s with higher mileage than 997TTs.

But the dealership will give you the same CPO as if its an A4 so they will stand behind the product if you get a CPO'd one.
I only found one CPO'd R8 on the audiusa web site. Unusual compared to how many CPO 911s there are. Still looking but not seeing much around 100K for low mileage 09 or 08s on the left coast. Couple decent looking options in Florida but that's a 10K mile roundtrip flight for moi

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: R8 used prices?