Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

TT RS stolen after 12 days if ownership

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 06:56 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
TT RS stolen after 12 days if ownership

So last night I posted looking for advice on how to put on a carbon wing. This morning I awoke to a driveway with no TT RS in it.

Quietly stolen during the night. Professional job. No keys. No glass. No sound.

They left the Range Rover and the Aston, so people must really want these cars.

Lock em up tight.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:53 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
sorry 2 hear that, that´s f*cked up!

Old 02-22-2012, 07:57 PM
SLOLS3 is on a distinguished road
Repo? Maybe by accident

Old 02-22-2012, 08:46 PM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
No repo, no accident. The car was straight up stolen.
Ibis White, 2012 TT RS in toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Police report etc.

Just have to wait and see if it shows up. My insurance company wants to pay out "within three weeks". I said sorry, too long. They are a business run on stats, and the stats say only 50% of cars show up. Every day that number goes down. I asked at "at what point do we hit the write off percentage?"

I might go Suzuka Gray this time. I'm fairly sure I will try for another TT RS and not choose a C63 instead.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:48 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
Maybe a garage might help.
lot of money in cars to be just sitting out on the street.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:57 PM
TTony will become famous soon enoughTTony will become famous soon enough
Sorry to hear that. There is cpo ibis white ttrs on the audiusa website for sale.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:37 PM
Cars aren't on the street. Have a garage.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:37 AM
orlanderlv is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by black penguin
No repo, no accident. The car was straight up stolen.
Ibis White, 2012 TT RS in toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Police report etc.

Just have to wait and see if it shows up. My insurance company wants to pay out "within three weeks". I said sorry, too long. They are a business run on stats, and the stats say only 50% of cars show up. Every day that number goes down. I asked at "at what point do we hit the write off percentage?"

I might go Suzuka Gray this time. I'm fairly sure I will try for another TT RS and not choose a C63 instead.
That is F****d up!!! On the lighter side, I just traded my Suzuka Grey TT RS (3500 miles) in at Aston Martin here in Vegas. Towbin is the dealership. I babied it. Just FYI.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:41 AM
traded TT RS at Aston Martin

What did you pick up at Aston?

My Vantage is my favorite car ever!!! The Audi might be quick, but it is no where near the experience of an Aston.

Nice trade.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:48 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Ugh.. sorry to hear that. Always a huge downer. I would suggest a silent GPS tracking system if you have a high-value vehicle.

Atleast you could put the guys who did it behind bars and stop them from proliferating.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:59 PM
orlanderlv is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by black penguin
What did you pick up at Aston?

My Vantage is my favorite car ever!!! The Audi might be quick, but it is no where near the experience of an Aston.

Nice trade.
I got a new loaded 2011 v8 Vantage roadster. I never intended on keeping the TT RS for long as I was going to trade it in later this year for an R8 but fell in love with the Aston Martin. Wanted to keep the TT RS but just ran out of space and I couldnt take advantage of it like I wanted.

Hope they find your car. Surprised that someone would actually steal an Audi. What would they do with it? Sell it for parts?

Old 02-24-2012, 08:08 AM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
cars are in garage and yet stolen off the street?

missing something here?

sorry to here about your misfortune OP

Old 02-24-2012, 08:55 AM
missing something?

Never said the car was on the street. I have more than one car. The TT RS is the least expensive, so it was in my driveway, on my property.

Are we blaming the victim here?? The car was likely targeted and containered by pros. Not much defense against that crime.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:17 AM
sorry for the rant

Sorry if i was a little short. I have had a number of people half insinuate its kinda my fault because I didn't "Fort Knox" the car.

It's my daily driver, and I had it parked in my own driveway.

I posted because I wanted people to know our cars seem to be specifically targeted.

That's all.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:25 PM
MisterBojangles is on a distinguished road
A friend of mine had his X6 stolen right off the driveway in the middle of the night as well. Professional job.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TT RS stolen after 12 days if ownership