Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

looking for an "exotic".....what would you get??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 07:24 PM
thor7000 will become famous soon enough
looking for an "exotic".....what would you get??

Sold my 997S and am now looking for a more "exotic" daily driver. Am still thinking of a 991S mainly because of the rear seats for the kiddos, but would really like something you don't see every day.....so was thinking an F430 because I love the looks but am worried about maintenance costs, or a R8 V10 spyder......not as much of a head turner compared to the F430 but I think it would be a far better DD with allot less maintenance costs!!! Any opinions or suggestions would be appreciated!!

Old 10-02-2013, 09:52 AM
OCTurbo is on a distinguished road
Take a look at jag Xkr-s. exotic looking, 550 hp, sounds great, reliable, and has small back seats for kids. I was in the same boat as you (coming from modded 996tt) and went for the jag. Unfortunately, there aren't many choices in this category- 991 turbo, r8, Aston martins, gtr, Xkr-s. A few others, but less exotic- m6 grand coupe, rs7, rs5, e63 Amg s model, sl 63.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:47 PM
keeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by thor7000
Sold my 997S and am now looking for a more "exotic" daily driver. Am still thinking of a 991S mainly because of the rear seats for the kiddos, but would really like something you don't see every day.....so was thinking an F430 because I love the looks but am worried about maintenance costs, or a R8 V10 spyder......not as much of a head turner compared to the F430 but I think it would be a far better DD with allot less maintenance costs!!! Any opinions or suggestions would be appreciated!!
if the price difference between a 991S and F430 is not an issue, the 430 is the obvious choice, let us know how you decide...

Old 10-02-2013, 06:49 PM
keeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond repute
may also want to look into the new Maserati GT

Old 10-26-2013, 11:09 AM
MikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of light
a new 991S and a earlier used f430, the price difference isn't going to be by much. if you want something the kids can ride in maybe a F California?

Old 10-31-2013, 01:47 AM
Allen121 is on a distinguished road
An Aston Martin! Rarely do you see them. Wherever I go, people always look at the front or rear emblem to see what kind of car it is. Even then, people seem to think it's a Bentley.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:11 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
R8 V10 spyder, it's just beautiful and nothing beats top down driving on a cool night. F430 is obviously a looker but the attention gets annoying after awhile. It's been a month, made a decision yet?

Old 10-31-2013, 11:40 AM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
You didn't mention having a budget....in which case what about an MP-12C?

Old 10-31-2013, 02:34 PM
thor7000 will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the suggestions.....all much appreciated!!

I have grown fond of the R8 V10 spyder....with a few upgrades such as wheels and a flat coloured wrap and I think it will look amazing!! Only worry I have is of the actual soft top, with the Florida sun and the constant up and down I'm worried it will begin to look "worn" after a year or two.....too bad they don't make a hard to spyder!!

Old 10-31-2013, 08:05 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by thor7000
Thanks for the suggestions.....all much appreciated!!

I have grown fond of the R8 V10 spyder....with a few upgrades such as wheels and a flat coloured wrap and I think it will look amazing!! Only worry I have is of the actual soft top, with the Florida sun and the constant up and down I'm worried it will begin to look "worn" after a year or two.....too bad they don't make a hard to spyder!!
I agree, they should make all convertibles hardtop now, it's so much better than a softtop in every way. Yes it's heavier but it doesn't take away the convertible experience.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:32 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
GT-R or R8.

For a 911, I've got to go Turbo or bust. But it doesn't look any different than any other 911 for the past 30 years or so (many still can't tell the difference).

Regarding USEABLE power, reliable for the daily drive, looks that garner attention, and relatively modest maintenance costs - either the GT-R or R8.

It depends on personal preference, and what else the vehicle might be used for (GT-R has a useable trunk, R8 has a more comfortable ride, etc...).

But then a GT-R is not an exotic (by most standards). The problem I have with it, is that it outperforms all other cars in that price range - in all categories, some by a LOT.

Last edited by jaspergtr; 10-31-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:02 PM
jpark996 is on a distinguished road
aston martin v12 vantage

Old 11-08-2013, 03:52 AM
dimitri is on a distinguished road
Own a r8 spyder v10 ...great car.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:05 PM
tphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of light
Gallardo would be my choice

Old 11-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
R8 hands down- Only exotic you can drive EVERYDAY.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: looking for an "exotic".....what would you get??