Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

RS4 Anyone??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 06:59 PM
JonA4 is infamous around these parts
RS4 Anyone??

I snapped these at work today. I would take this over a 997 Carrera anyday.

Last edited by JonA4; 07-05-2006 at 12:29 AM.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Banned
786 is infamous around these parts
they are nice but i would have a hard time justifying spending $75K on an A4

Old 07-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Mad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to all
You gotta be smoking something if you think this car has anything to do with an A4.

Old 07-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Banned
whats wrong with smokin?

im just saying it doesnt seem worth that much to me, and yes i have driven one...

Old 07-01-2006, 07:33 PM
firewired is infamous around these parts
Where did you get a chance to drive one, being they have only been released since 6/03, and dealers are not allowing test drives on the one to two they are getting in?

Old 07-01-2006, 07:37 PM
German Driver is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 786
That is the most ignorant line anyone could have presented this board with.

Old 07-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Banned
wow, didnt expect everyone to get sand in their vaginas over my OPINION

it looks too similar to an A4 for my taste, thats all...i dont care how fast it is, i wouldnt buy one...once again, my opinion...

my cousin just got his and he loves it...i think its a nice car for sure, but i would have waited to get a 6 speed M5 if i were him...if you own one and love it thats great, im happy for ya

Old 07-02-2006, 10:26 PM
offroad911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 786
You really need to understand the subject you comment on, because you obviously don't understand the RS4 based on your statement. There is virtually nothing similar when comparing the A4 and the RS4. In fact there is virtually nothing similar between the S4 and the RS4. The RS4 is a hand built race car for the street. Aluminum hood, fenders, suspension components, A completely different engine, transmission and the new 60/40 quattro. No flash or bling and definately understated, but the RS4 performance says it all. At $73,500 Audi has included virtually every creature feature they have in their offering.

The RS4 realworld performance is superior to the M3 and the M5 and likely will best the coming M3.

Old 07-03-2006, 05:39 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by offroad911
You really need to understand the subject you comment on, because you obviously don't understand the RS4 based on your statement.
you obviously dont know me so you obviously couldnt know how much knowledge i have on said car...

There is virtually nothing similar when comparing the A4 and the RS4. In fact there is virtually nothing similar between the S4 and the RS4.
have you seen an A4 or an S4? i didnt claim they were mechanically identical, i said they looked too similar for me to dump 75k on...much better cars IMO to dump 75k on...for the last time, thats MY OPINION so no reason for all you RS lovers to get all up in arms...

The RS4 is a hand built race car for the street.
now, things seem to be getting out of hand here
a race car for the street?!?!?! ok, lets just say we have a VAST difference of opinion on that subject haha

The RS4 realworld performance is superior to the M3 and the M5 and likely will best the coming M3.
superior to the current E46 M3 sure but not to the upcoming M3...and you honestly think it will outperform a 500HP V10 M5? ...you must not have run into one yet in a "realworld" setting ...all i can say is you audi guys REALLY love your cars haha

Old 07-03-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by 786
superior to the current E46 M3 sure but not to the upcoming M3...and you honestly think it will outperform a 500HP V10 M5? ...you must not have run into one yet in a "realworld" setting ...all i can say is you audi guys REALLY love your cars haha
Again, you let your lack of specific product knowledge color your opinion. Published numbers show the M5 at 4.7 sec 0-60 while the RS4 is 4.3 sec 0-60. The coming M3 will only have 400 HP and Top Gear Jeremy Clark has already stated the coming M3 won't be competitive with the RS4. The M5 is BUTT UGLY, weighs more than the RS4 and cost almost $25K more when equipped similar to the RS4.

As an Audi guy, yes I love my cars. However, you failed to read the cars listed in my Sig line. I am a "gearhead" and intimately know the difference, subtle or obvious, between many, many different types and kinds of automobiles.

I have driven the current M3 (in fact as recently as yesterday, since a doctor wanted to drive my RS4 and I drove his M3. All he could say while driving my RS4 was WOW, WOW, WOW) He stated absolutely no comparison between the Me & RS4 and immediately ordered a RS4. I have driven the M5 and was grossly underwhelmed. I have driven the C6 ZO6 and for the money is the best buy in pure performance, but 0-60 is only .3 sec quicker than the RS4 and the ZO6 is still a noisy plastic beast and for $75K or more, not a competitor to the highly refined RS4.

I could continue to list my drives, but the point here is that when I speak of differences and my opinion, it is based on fact not simply an uninformed and uneducated retoric.

Old 07-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Banned
Again, you let your lack of specific product knowledge color your opinion. Published numbers show the M5 at 4.7 sec 0-60 while the RS4 is 4.3 sec 0-60.
you can pull out published numbers to benefit either car, published numbers often differ...i have read 4.8sec 0-60 for the RS4...not only that, my cousin that owns an RS4 raced a business associate of mine with an M5 and got his *** handed to him...i was sitting in the M5 so got an excellent view of said thrashing im not saying the RS4 is horrible or anything like that, im just saying that personally i would not buy one...for the price of admission, i would get something else...that is all

The coming M3 will only have 400 HP and Top Gear Jeremy Clark has already stated the coming M3 won't be competitive with the RS4.
well, i have heard 440HP for the new M3 and since when does anyone put stock in what clarkson has to say haha?...clarkson also said the Z06 was undrivable on the street! i think the upcoming M3 will be quite competitive with the RS4, BMW designed it to be a direct competitor with your car...how can you expect to beat something you have never competed against and dont even know the final specs on yet?...i think you are underestimating the upcoming M3

As an Audi guy, yes I love my cars. However, you failed to read the cars listed in my Sig line. I am a "gearhead" and intimately know the difference, subtle or obvious, between many, many different types and kinds of automobiles.
i dont really concern myself with other peoples possessions but im happy that you are satisfied with your purchases...if you dont mind me saying so, at your age i would hope you would have vast knowledge in this arena...

I have driven the current M3 (in fact as recently as yesterday, since a doctor wanted to drive my RS4 and I drove his M3. All he could say while driving my RS4 was WOW, WOW, WOW) He stated absolutely no comparison between the Me & RS4 and immediately ordered a RS4. I have driven the M5 and was grossly underwhelmed. I have driven the C6 ZO6 and for the money is the best buy in pure performance, but 0-60 is only .3 sec quicker than the RS4 and the ZO6 is still a noisy plastic beast and for $75K or more, not a competitor to the highly refined RS4.
the current M3 is weak...everyone knows that...if i were driving a 333HP car and was given the chance to drive a 420HP car of course i would choose the latter...this is also assuming i didnt know much about cars and didnt realize there is a 440HP V8 M3 on its way ...i agree with you on the C6 Z06 though, it is the best performance bargain on the road...but obviously not a competitor for the RS4, the Z06 has bigger fish to fry

I could continue to list my drives, but the point here is that when I speak of differences and my opinion, it is based on fact not simply an uninformed and uneducated retoric.
my point exactly

Old 07-03-2006, 06:40 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Nice try. One magazine already chose the E46 M3 over the RS4 and the M3 has cleaned Audi's clock the past. You can bet all your marbles M division will will step up their game. In fact I think its almost a foregone conclusion that the M3 will best the RS4 acorss the boards as it has in the past. The RS4 is very good, but in terms of competition with upcoming E90 M3 and even the next gen AMG c-class th RS4 could be relegated to third in that group.

Old 07-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by 05997S
Nice try. One magazine already chose the E46 M3 over the RS4 and the M3 has cleaned Audi's clock the past. You can bet all your marbles M division will will step up their game. In fact I think its almost a foregone conclusion that the M3 will best the RS4 acorss the boards as it has in the past. The RS4 is very good, but in terms of competition with upcoming E90 M3 and even the next gen AMG c-class th RS4 could be relegated to third in that group.
i agree...this guy knows whats up!

Old 07-03-2006, 07:49 PM
German Driver is infamous around these parts
Ceteris paribus, right now, in this moment, today, not necessarily tomorrow, the RS 4 is indeed on top of the list. Obviously we are going to see it taken over in the future. That's what keeps us coming back for more.

Old 07-03-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by German Driver
Ceteris paribus, right now, in this moment, today, not necessarily tomorrow, the RS 4 is indeed on top of the list. Obviously we are going to see it taken over in the future. That's what keeps us coming back for more.
AMEN ! Could not have said it better.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RS4 Anyone??