Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Contemplating the Purchase of a RS4 ; target audience is?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 10:35 AM
oalvarez will become famous soon enough
Contemplating the Purchase of a RS4 ; target audience is?

Question to some of you Audi/RS4 owners and enthusiasts alike; do any of you consider the RS4 to be targeted to the more youthful consumer? i'm a 997 owner currently and thinking very seriously of trading my car in today for a RS4 (4 doors, practicality). my wife and good friend both understand what the automobile is all about but they're somewhat hung up on the platform being one for the younger aged consumer. yes, i understand that a $70k automobile doesn't necessarily target such. we're 40 years of age if that means anything.

wondering what some of your thoughts are

regards

Old 04-03-2007, 10:38 AM
FNR32 is a jewel in the roughFNR32 is a jewel in the roughFNR32 is a jewel in the rough
I don't feel that it is targeted toward youthful consumers. I feel it's targeted at automotive enthusiasts who want a great blend of power, comfort, and luxury. If you like the car, i would say go for it!

Old 04-03-2007, 10:48 AM
Banned
tamaneri is on a distinguished road
i think i will have to agree with the post above me.

I don't really think there is a target audience...

This car is for anyone who wants some serious power, luxury, and a pimpin lookin car!!!

Old 04-03-2007, 01:41 PM
M5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of light
Agree as well, I think the car fits anybody from 25-70, as many other cars do, such as a 911, M3, M5, etc.

It doesn't yell young and crazy like an EVO or STi, it says "I value quality, performance, and practicality."

Old 04-03-2007, 02:56 PM
AJN334 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by M5Kid
Agree as well, I think the car fits anybody from 25-70, as many other cars do, such as a 911, M3, M5, etc.

It doesn't yell young and crazy like an EVO or STi, it says "I value quality, performance, and practicality."

I agree, though the RS4 is definitely aimed toward the enthusiast side of the market of any age. Its a any season, any condition performance sedan. The car screams quality over anything thats really comparable, I highly suggest driving one if you already haven't...

Old 04-03-2007, 03:05 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
IMO - STi - Evo - WRX = youth

RS4 - let's face it - how many kids have $70K to spend on a car?

My S4 has been great - I know an RS4 would be killer as a daily!

Old 04-03-2007, 03:18 PM
thanks for all of your replies.....i like what i'm seeing in terms of secondary/used car market values. mannheim auction reports are very supportive and i feel as though depreciation would be somewhat subdued or less than the 997 that i currently own. i always wonder and ask "who the buyer will be" should i want to sell it.

getting very close here my friends. all that's left is to drive one.

Last edited by oalvarez; 04-03-2007 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:26 PM
3.6TT/2 = 1.8T
Kraftwerk will become famous soon enoughKraftwerk will become famous soon enough
I saw my first RS4 in person yesterday at our local dealer. It was the dark grey/gunmetal color (Daytona?). I was blown away with the looks, fit, finish and package. While the price tag is immense, I would say if you have the funds and the passion, you need one in your garage. Way more exclusive than an M3 and while they share the same audience, I think it would be a rare day that you see a kid my age in an RS4, the same can't be said for M3s.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:35 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
Make sure you hit the "S" button. Rev it up and you're guaranteed a big grin.

I haven't been actively looking for an RS4 but the resale seems pretty good for what I've seen. Ironically I've been thinking about an '05 - '06 997S - the original owners seem to really be taking a beating on depreciation.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:48 PM
caitov1 is on a distinguished road
I think you're the perfect fit for the RS4. I don't think any car company designs a $70k car aiming for a younger demographic.

If it helps you out, I'm 40 and own an S4.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:57 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
I almost traded my M3 in for an RS4...but then I saw the 73k price and looked at the 60k 2003 RS6 next to it...

If I was you, I would try to drive an RS6...if you dont like it, pony up the extra dough for the rs4...I PROMISE you that you will not see many young people in an RS6...well...aside from me that is...haha

That being said...the RS4 is seriously sweet...and if the price disparity wasnt as large as it was...I probably would have gotten the RS4...so go with what your heart says!

Old 04-03-2007, 04:05 PM
wantone is an unknown quantity at this point
To me the RS4 is the quintessence of understatement and class. Drive it past kids in their teens and they know what the car is. They know better than to race one. Drive it past the older crowd and you evoke another thought-- they know that you spent over $70K on an Audi when you could've bought a Porsche. Just do it!

Old 04-03-2007, 04:17 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FNR32
I don't feel that it is targeted toward youthful consumers. I feel it's targeted at automotive enthusiasts who want a great blend of power, comfort, and luxury. If you like the car, i would say go for it!
Couldnt have said it better myself, def. not a car i see young kids driving around or would expect to either..

IMO though i would go for an M5, but i a RWD kind of guy.. Ive driven the RS4, handles great, decieving power delivery and speed and love the interior, but it just isnt worth the money to me :/

Old 04-03-2007, 07:20 PM
Banned
tamaneri is on a distinguished road
Put a milltek exhaust on that RS4 and you WILL not be able to NOT purchase it hahah

Old 04-03-2007, 10:06 PM
some very good posts and replies. the "isn't worth the money to me" is something i'm battling myself; half of me says "you can't consider it an A4, it's a monster of an autmobile" and the other half says "$20 on top of a S4?." for me, the choices are 1) trade/sell 997 for RS4 2) keep 997 (not the most practical given that it's my daily driver, kids, wife doesn't want to drive it) or 3) sell 997, buy 993 and some lessor form of a daily driver.

right now i'm leaning towards a sports sedan and don't want to go the route of a Mercedes or BMW (have owned both, too big now for my tastes...heavens how times change one's preferences).

as you can see, the RS4 fits that criteria most perfectly. just trying not to make the same mistake twice. i'm a bit concerned that the 997 market simply isn't what it's talked about. seeing much better sellers than i am buyers.

leasing seems best as it will further my commitment

Last edited by oalvarez; 04-03-2007 at 10:14 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Contemplating the Purchase of a RS4 ; target audience is?