Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

RS4 Videos FTW!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 03:48 PM
Gabriel will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
def the audi with tis AWD against a stock m3, but my m3 happens to have 4.10 gears which makes a WORLD of difference.
Torque multiplication FTW. I have sigs disabled so I didn't know what you pack

Old 07-25-2007, 03:58 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Gabriel
Torque multiplication FTW. I have sigs disabled so I didn't know what you pack
yea tq X def FTW!

i have:

full supersprint race from the headers back-V2 headers, race cats, non res x pipe, race exhaust

lightwight pulleys

4.10 gears

H&R springs with koni adj. shocks

B&M short sifter

gruppe m carbon kevlar intake

custom tuned race software from D/A

and a few other non performance goodies

Old 07-25-2007, 04:04 PM
yea tq X def FTW!

i have:

full supersprint race from the headers back-V2 headers, race cats, non res x pipe, race exhaust

lightwight pulleys

4.10 gears

H&R springs with koni adj. shocks

B&M short sifter

gruppe m carbon kevlar intake

custom tuned race software from D/A

and a few other non performance goodies
Ahh, I hear ya. You should have about 370 crank if not more. Yeah. I don't think the Audi can touch that especially with the gearing. Thought of a LTW flywheel? It will go through gears even faster.

Old 07-25-2007, 04:15 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Ahh, I hear ya. You should have about 370 crank if not more. Yeah. I don't think the Audi can touch that especially with the gearing. Thought of a LTW flywheel? It will go through gears even faster.
i actually have thought of the flywheel. thats why i had the raised idle as a spec on my software...youre right! i should have no less than 370...base hp is around 270-280 and i should be pushing about 320-330 at the wheels.

Old 07-25-2007, 04:30 PM
kem
kem is on a distinguished road
Well I'd hope so... The CSL is basically a track day special, no aircon stereo, a cardboard trunkfloor etc... Maybe if Audi did a lightweight RS4 things would be different.

hey man...lets put up an rs4 vs an m3 csl and see which car gets its *** HANDED TO IT?!?

Old 07-25-2007, 04:38 PM
kem
The RS4 has pretty good gearing too, a 4.10 FD actually. It's hard to say how his car would do against an RS4 but I know one thing for sure he won't rape one. I would say it'd probably be close or the RS4 would edge him out. Even with the lighter weight he still has to make up 50hp that the RS4 has on him. Oh yeah, and we're talking a highly modified M3 vs a STOCK RS4. Throw on some mods on the RS4 and see what happens.

I'm glad you guys always have to turn this into a pissing contest. If we all truely only cared about straight line speed we'd be driving vettes.

Old 07-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by kem
Well I'd hope so... The CSL is basically a track day special, no aircon stereo, a cardboard trunkfloor etc... Maybe if Audi did a lightweight RS4 things would be different.
like i said...the best of the best from each company in the same class...

Old 07-25-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by kem
The RS4 has pretty good gearing too, a 4.10 FD actually. It's hard to say how his car would do against an RS4 but I know one thing for sure he won't rape one. I would say it'd probably be close or the RS4 would edge him out. Even with the lighter weight he still has to make up 50hp that the RS4 has on him. Oh yeah, and we're talking a highly modified M3 vs a STOCK RS4. Throw on some mods on the RS4 and see what happens.

I'm glad you guys always have to turn this into a pissing contest. If we all truely only cared about straight line speed we'd be driving vettes.
You really don't understand what we are talking. I love both cars and we are just speculating. Get over your fanboi-ism.

There is no good and bad final ratio BTW. Short, long depends on what you want to do with the car.

Last edited by Gabriel; 07-25-2007 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by kem

whats an rs4 put down bone stock? 330 aw hp...also we all know how well m3s handle, so i dont think the audi handles much better if at all...audis have a good amount of understeer which i cant stand and their awd system suck the car dry on higher speeds...m3s shine above 100 mph, plus with me in my m3, i wiegh in under 3500 lbs...show me someone, even someone my size (150 lbs) that wont tip the scales on an rs4 of well over 4000 lbs. 500 lbs is A LOT of wieght to make up and we all know wieght is the enemy...id like ot race an rs4 for fun to see how theyd do but id def give the advantage to me...

given 3350 lbs and 375 hp being conservative my car has weight to power of 8.9 (and thats being conservative)

the audi given 3800 and 414 hp gives it a weight to power of 9.1 and thats being conservative as well as it prob wieghs even more than 3800 lbs

i still dont think the rs4 can take me no matter how u look at it...thats why i said for fun someone around the tri state area...lets meet up and run! anyone, anyone?

Old 07-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by kem

also...you say were comparing modded vs stock...but lets give the m3 a v8 engine and see what happens...oh yea bmw did and it only took them 4.0 liters to match the audis hp and is the faster car as well!

Old 07-25-2007, 04:58 PM
whats an rs4 put down bone stock? 330 aw hp...also we all know how well m3s handle, so i dont think the audi handles much better if at all...audis have a good amount of understeer which i cant stand and their awd system suck the car dry on higher speeds...m3s shine above 100 mph, plus with me in my m3, i wiegh in under 3500 lbs...show me someone, even someone my size (150 lbs) that wont tip the scales on an rs4 of well over 4000 lbs. 500 lbs is A LOT of wieght to make up and we all know wieght is the enemy...id like ot race an rs4 for fun to see how theyd do but id def give the advantage to me...

given 3350 lbs and 375 hp being conservative my car has weight to power of 8.9 (and thats being conservative)

the audi given 3800 and 414 hp gives it a weight to power of 9.1 and thats being conservative as well as it prob wieghs even more than 3800 lbs

i still dont think the rs4 can take me no matter how u look at it...thats why i said for fun someone around the tri state area...lets meet up and run! anyone, anyone?
Not to mention drivetrain loss. Kem, dyno your car and see what it puts at the wheels. You won't be very happy. As a married man with two kids I prefer the RS4 but as a car nut that cares about driving as a hobby it still is not as much fun as the E46 was. The same way an E46 is not as fun as a Boxster in my books and so it goes.

Old 07-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Not to mention drivetrain loss. Kem, dyno your car and see what it puts at the wheels. You won't be very happy. As a married man with two kids I prefer the RS4 but as a car nut that cares about driving as a hobby it still is not as much fun as the E46 was. The same way an E46 is not as fun as a Boxster in my books and so it goes.
egggsactly! thanks gabriel...those things loose so much power to the wheels with their awd system...yea its great for traction, but i have always found that they suffer from the same prob as evos and sti's...over 100 mph they arent very impressive to say the least...M cars shine over 100 mph...this is one of the first thing i was amazed with when i got my m3, it performs strong like 911s, 360s, etc over 100 mph.

Greg

Old 07-25-2007, 05:02 PM
kem
First of all, read what I said. I said it'd be close your car is pretty modded, but quite possibly the RS4 would edge it out. I also said its hard to know without speculating, and Im speculating and I admitted that.

Anyways, I'm sorry if I offended you guys by insulting the best car evAr.

Old 07-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by kem
First of all, read what I said. I said it'd be close your car is pretty modded, but quite possibly the RS4 would edge it out. I also said its hard to know without speculating, and Im speculating and I admitted that.

i know its speculation...and actually if youve read a lot of my posts about the m3, i dont think its the best car ever, but i do think for the price, nothing comes close except for a cayman s, but the cayman is about 10-15K more after options. and i am saying that while speculating is ok, its not real...therefore someone should meet up with me and run...its not even a challenge. just a comparo of whats faster.

Old 07-25-2007, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by kem

If we were talkin about a Euro spec light configuration RS4 I might agree that it could be a close one. If you haven't driven an M3 with shorter gearing and some additional power I think you can't understand the reasoning behind all these comments. 500 pounds of weight delta is A LOT when both cars feed their wheels with the same amount of power.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RS4 Videos FTW!