Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

RS4 Videos FTW!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
RS4 Videos FTW!

This is probably a repost, but it's worth watching again and again. Even Clarkson loves the RS4:

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwo5hB-UY10

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LqOl...related&search=

Old 07-14-2007, 08:48 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
This one is cool - David E. Davis (founder of Automobile Mag) does the California Mille in an RS4...

http://www.windingroad.com/multimedi...-22&file=mille

Old 07-14-2007, 11:16 PM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
The second one was new to me. Great description of the cars potential. And to think that the drive system in this car shares so much similarity to the very first over 27 years ago. I don’t know why people are putting so much emphasis on the r8 as being Audi’s super car. What could be more super then a four door full weighted car evoking so many pleasant feelings, driving pleasure in every condition and season. They really put in the extra effort in the RS4 to make it have the feel that very few newer models had. Taking the lead from the m3 is really a big thing and BMW had it coming. The quattro and true manual gearbox are something that will never age or be changed. DSG and all the other computer stuff is cool, but there’s just noting as pure as controlling the car and experience fully. I think it would be cool to see Audi produce a factory GT car to run along side the LMP1. I guess DTM has always fended off any attempts at that idea.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Here's another one - 2007 RS4 vs. 2007 M5

http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos/07...ansmission.htm

Old 07-23-2007, 10:02 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
im beginning to like this car more and more...esp since chris wont shut up about it! jk chris. its a very competent car and has tremendous abilities...as i said im checking out an 07 s4 tomorrow and then an rs4 in about a month when my dealership gets one in. as good as this car is it took audi a long time to catch up to bmw...they just caught up with the e46 m3...some 5 years later and while this car does it all, and as much as i thing the new m3 is hideous, the m3 is still going to come back in a set the bar and set audi back 5+ years again. i wish audi made a car that had rwd and a 50/50 weight distribution like bimmers because i hate the understeer they have and their awd system ive never been a fan on. cool vids tho.

Greg

Old 07-24-2007, 04:15 AM
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
im beginning to like this car more and more...esp since chris wont shut up about it! jk chris. its a very competent car and has tremendous abilities...as i said im checking out an 07 s4 tomorrow and then an rs4 in about a month when my dealership gets one in. as good as this car is it took audi a long time to catch up to bmw...they just caught up with the e46 m3...some 5 years later and while this car does it all, and as much as i thing the new m3 is hideous, the m3 is still going to come back in a set the bar and set audi back 5+ years again. i wish audi made a car that had rwd and a 50/50 weight distribution like bimmers because i hate the understeer they have and their awd system ive never been a fan on. cool vids tho.

Greg
Greg -

I agree completely with all of your beefs about Audi's performance cars. They do have the car you described - it's called an R8 (awd, but you get what I mean). Two things really fired me up about the RS4 - the press pics of it and the Clarkson video in the first post above. For him to rave about its turn-in, balance, etc. meant it had to be a really good car. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. FWIW, I can swing the rear end around and get some tire chirp when I punch it out of corners.

Old 07-24-2007, 04:19 AM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Really dug the Cali Mille vid. Made me want to go out and drive like a bat out of hell on curvy roads!

Old 07-24-2007, 09:42 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Greg -

I agree completely with all of your beefs about Audi's performance cars. They do have the car you described - it's called an R8 (awd, but you get what I mean). Two things really fired me up about the RS4 - the press pics of it and the Clarkson video in the first post above. For him to rave about its turn-in, balance, etc. meant it had to be a really good car. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. FWIW, I can swing the rear end around and get some tire chirp when I punch it out of corners.
im def excited to even just drive the new s4...theyre grear cars, and lately have surpassed bmw for looks and interior design, by a good amount...we all say bangle killed their designs, and i dont think any of us can say it enough! i do think bmw still brings the performance aspect to the fullest. i actually hate the r8, i think its one of the worst designs, it doesnt excite me. the rs4 and even the s4 really get my blood pumping...even just having seen and sat in s4s, they remind me of my e46 m3 in terms of the grain of the dash and just a very clean, warm design that envites you into the cockpit and lets you know your in for a great driving experience.

Old 07-24-2007, 04:40 PM
kem
kem is on a distinguished road
ummm... guess you haven't been following the news eh?

The RS4 is leagues ahead of the E46 M3 and all the UK mag tests are saying the RS4 is VERY close in performance to the E92 M3 and some have even gone as far as to say the RS4 was a better car as an overall package. The RS4 is already two years old and so far the tests are saying the new M3 is pretty equal to the RS4. So its hardly putting Audi back 5 years. Audi is also releasing their B8 A4 next year, so the next RS (be it RS5 or RS4) will come out and probably trump the M3 for a couple years until bmw redesigns again.

And if its RWD, it wouldn't be an Audi.

they just caught up with the e46 m3...some 5 years later and while this car does it all, and as much as i thing the new m3 is hideous, the m3 is still going to come back in a set the bar and set audi back 5+ years again. i wish audi made a car that had rwd and a 50/50 weight distribution like bimmers because i hate the understeer they have and their awd system ive never been a fan on. cool vids tho.

Greg

Old 07-24-2007, 06:19 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
im def excited to even just drive the new s4...theyre grear cars, and lately have surpassed bmw for looks and interior design, by a good amount...we all say bangle killed their designs, and i dont think any of us can say it enough! i do think bmw still brings the performance aspect to the fullest. i actually hate the r8, i think its one of the worst designs, it doesnt excite me. the rs4 and even the s4 really get my blood pumping...even just having seen and sat in s4s, they remind me of my e46 m3 in terms of the grain of the dash and just a very clean, warm design that envites you into the cockpit and lets you know your in for a great driving experience.
You better not replace your M3 with either or I will have to smack you, if you do sell the m I want it

Chris thanks for sharing, RS4 is an awesome car, just too boring after a while (being a non daily driver)

Old 07-24-2007, 08:10 PM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
the second video is fantastic

Old 07-25-2007, 06:00 AM
vtgts300kw will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by kem

The RS4 is leagues ahead of the E46 M3 and all the UK mag tests are saying the RS4 is VERY close in performance to the E92 M3 and some have even gone as far as to say the RS4 was a better car as an overall package. The RS4 is already two years old and so far the tests are saying the new M3 is pretty equal to the RS4. So its hardly putting Audi back 5 years. Audi is also releasing their B8 A4 next year, so the next RS (be it RS5 or RS4) will come out and probably trump the M3 for a couple years until bmw redesigns again.

the e46 M3CS was rated very very close, if not ahead of the RS4 by various magazines.

who cares though, just pointing out it isnt as black/white as you made it out to be

Old 07-25-2007, 07:07 AM
Gabriel will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by iLLM3
You better not replace your M3 with either or I will have to smack you, if you do sell the m I want it

Chris thanks for sharing, RS4 is an awesome car, just too boring after a while (being a non daily driver)
Definitelly not boring to drive. Maybe looks get boring after a while but the sound and driving attitude never gets boring.

Old 07-25-2007, 09:19 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gabriel
Definitelly not boring to drive. Maybe looks get boring after a while but the sound and driving attitude never gets boring.
Look what im use to lol, within my good seat time, it got bland! Awesome for an every day sedan especially that provides lots of performance!

Old 07-25-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by kem

i wasnt saying that they werent ahead now...but it took them 5 year to catch up and surpass. but i think with the new m3, bmw is going to take the reigns again, in terms of sheer performance at least.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RS4 Videos FTW!