Location (State):

Item Condition:

'02 996tt, Midnight/Cinnamon, 6speed, 19.6k, reduced $, big pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 09:05 PM
MidnighTT is on a distinguished road
'02 996tt, Midnight/Cinnamon, 6speed, 19.6k, reduced $, big pics

I've had tons of views and compliments from the various venues where I've listed my '02 996 Turbo, but no solid offers. I've dropped my asking price to $66k for this pristine, low mileage car with a rare and attractive color combination. Both the Midnight Blue Metallic paint and Cinnamon Brown leather were extra cost options, as was then deviating black carpet. I'm not sure how much leather is standard, but this car has hides on the whole dash (including the horseshoe), front and rear consoles, all the roof pillars, the panels next to the rear seats and across the back, even the slats on the center HVAC vents. This is in addition to the supple leather seats and leather on the doors.

The exterior and interior are in outstanding condition. The paint glows and the leather smells wonderful. There are no stains, no tears, no broken bits (although the cup holder can be reluctant to expose itself sometimes), no scratches, no dents, no door dings, no bodywork. The only negative result of having 19.6k miles is a few of the inevitable tiny stone chips in the paint in front.

All the running gear is likewise in excellent condition. There is no 2nd gear problem, no funny noises, the car accelerates, brakes, and corners as a 996tt should. Similarly, the clutch engages where it should and feels solid (it has never slipped while I had it). I have always followed the 1-2 minute cool down before shutting off the engine. There is a lot of life left in the brake pads and tires, and the rotors don't have micocracks (or macrocracks, either!). The car has never seen a road race track, but I did take it to the drag strip to see what it would do. The wheel hop I experienced trying to make a fast start put an end to that experiment!

Modwise, the car has clear side markers, short shift kit, BumperPlugs rear wiper delete and driver key slot filler, and .... nothing else that I can think of. I ran a UMW Stage 2 kit for about 3000 miles before taking it off to sell separately. The spare tire, jack, compressor, and full tool kit are all there.
So there you have it, it's a 'no stories' car that is both beautiful and in beautiful condition. I'm asking $66k. PM if interested.

Jeff

Old 03-13-2008, 01:42 PM
Spring is just around the corner, so it's time for a new ride! Please PM if you or someone you know might be interested in this car. The guy who looked at it Wednesday said "You obviously take very good care of your cars."

Jeff

Old 03-13-2008, 05:49 PM
MJS NYC is on a distinguished road
Beautiful car.

Last edited by MJS NYC; 03-14-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:00 PM
dbl96 is on a distinguished road
Very Nice, GL w/sale

Old 03-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Chris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to behold
And I STILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL want this car! Ugh.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:14 PM
kvsm3 is on a distinguished road
beautiful color combo and car! Excellent price! whoever gets this car will be one lucky person!

Old 03-14-2008, 03:49 PM
996TTs is a jewel in the rough996TTs is a jewel in the rough996TTs is a jewel in the rough996TTs is a jewel in the rough
I like the wheels on your avatar.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Chris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to behold
Did you sell?

Old 05-04-2008, 07:39 PM
The car is still for sale at Specialty Sales, a consignment shop that deals with special interest (e.g. classics and muscle) and exotics. The sales guy called late last week all rev'ed up about a "live one", but I don't know if he closed the sale. Here's the listing:

http://specialtysales.com/2002-porsc...rbo-c-1419.htm

Jeff

Old 05-04-2008, 08:47 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MidnighTT
The car is still for sale at Specialty Sales, a consignment shop that deals with special interest (e.g. classics and muscle) and exotics. The sales guy called late last week all rev'ed up about a "live one", but I don't know if he closed the sale. Here's the listing:

http://specialtysales.com/2002-porsc...rbo-c-1419.htm

Jeff

Jeff, can you pm me info on putting the car on consignment at speciality? If you were able to get anywhere near 66k i need to take my car there asap! Mine is listed at 61k and nothing...

Old 05-04-2008, 08:47 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Chris S
And I STILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL want this car! Ugh.
Its a no brainer! I've seen and ridin in this car, its nothing short of perfect!