Item Condition:

Another try: WTB 997 GT3 - specific colors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Bobby G is on a distinguished road
Another try: WTB 997 GT3 - specific colors

Hi all,

My quest began a few weeks back. I refuse to pay MSRP on a used one. I would pay MSRP on a new one if I could spec it out to my liking. There are a few that I've seen in my range, but they're not the right color. I only want Atlas, Slate, GT Silver, and Meteor (in that order). Full leather with deviated stitching and bi-xenon are musts. Would like Nav, crests, and other minor options, if I had my druthers. I expect that if I spec'd out the car, it'd cost about $115-120K.

I scour cars.com, rennlist, autotrader, and craigslist weekly. I'm hoping that one of you knows somebody who's selling or might be willing to sell.

Any leads?

Thanks in advance.

-Bobby

Old 03-09-2008, 07:45 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Bobby G
Full leather with deviated stitching and bi-xenon are musts.

Thanks in advance.

-Bobby
Good luck, there can't be many of those in existence.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:47 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
good luck why someone would take less than market for your needs is unclear

Old 03-09-2008, 09:04 PM
TheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura about
You'll find one .... just wait a year or two!

I hope you prove me wrong, I really do, but that market seems stable with a plentiful supply of buyers willing to pay for a car -- which Porsche really got "right" -- which is a relative bargain compared to the alternatives.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:09 PM
In response, there are a handful of 6speeders who paid MSRP for theirs, and were able to spec them out. This was before the 2008s came out.

Watt, your car is a perfect example. You're selling yours for $15K under MSRP with only 3-4K on the clock, right? I'm not quite sure why you think that my parameters are unrealistic.

Anyhow, if the rest of you know of any leads, let me know.

Phoenix, thanks again for the PM.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:15 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Have you spoken with that guy who no one seems to like? If he can't afford his car, he'll no doubt get realistic soon. He has contrasting yellow stitching.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:49 PM
lol. wasn't his msrp $128-130? his was white, too, right? I would prob take it at the right price.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Daytonaviolet will become famous soon enough
i think his msrp was $135k and now he's asking $139k. this is probably the most optioned out gt3 in the world with only 430 miles. it cant get any newer then that.. unless you were still able to spec on a new gt3.. but of course no longer can.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...=&aff=national

Old 03-10-2008, 08:26 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jamie
Have you spoken with that guy who no one seems to like? If he can't afford his car, he'll no doubt get realistic soon. He has contrasting yellow stitching.
Thanks for the laugh Jamie.

Bobby, you should just low-ball the f*ck outta him. Even if I was in love with that car, I wouldn't pay his asking price just out of principle.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:43 AM
s4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
i think his msrp was $135k and now he's asking $139k. this is probably the most optioned out gt3 in the world with only 430 miles. it cant get any newer then that.. unless you were still able to spec on a new gt3.. but of course no longer can.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...=&aff=national
thanks fern for the link but car will most likely be sold soon....no rush since in the mean time I get to enjoy it

here ya go bobby, 08 white gt3, chrome wheels and even has yellow seat belts - just acrappy looking radio setup, only 1100 miles and 135k!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...em270216639106

rick

Last edited by s4play; 03-11-2008 at 12:47 AM.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:39 AM
fasteddiett has a spectacular aura aboutfasteddiett has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by watt
good luck why someone would take less than market for your needs is unclear

boring. after years it just gets boring.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:17 PM
PeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by s4play
chrome wheels

Old 03-11-2008, 01:18 PM
PeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud ofPeterC4C has much to be proud of
Good luck with the hunt. Might be harder then you imagined with those specs.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:09 PM
sunilp@motorwerks is on a distinguished road
good luck

Old 03-13-2008, 12:05 PM
turbo_freak is on a distinguished road
have you seen the one at Pacific Porsche ? not sureon the options but I know it was Gray

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another try: WTB 997 GT3 - specific colors