Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

C6 z06 blown 900rwhp has to go.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 08:44 AM
Sooco100pf is on a distinguished road
Do you have a complete build sheet that you can post? What clutch is in the car? Did he upgrade the half shafts? How about a dyno sheet, was the 900 made on pump or what fuel?

Old 08-27-2008, 08:51 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Go to MTI's site. They have some details regarding the build. Not of this car, but of another one they did. Pretty impressive.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:54 AM
Sooco100pf is on a distinguished road
Yeah I did, it would be nice to know what exactly is on the car though. I think he would have a better chance of selling it. I know they do good quality work but it would be nice to know what your getting exactly.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:02 AM
Banned
Cornfed is a jewel in the roughCornfed is a jewel in the roughCornfed is a jewel in the roughCornfed is a jewel in the rough
I can get you with the owner if you would like and he can email all the info.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:40 PM
04CTT is on a distinguished road
I have to agree this gas mileage could be correct cause with my bone stock 04 zo6 I was getting 32 mpg on the highway at 70 and with the fully built 408 making 500 wheel horsepower I was still getting 27 and I check it myself manually to make sure the computer was calculation it wrong. Impressive on fuel to say the least, but I still enjoy the quality of my porsche much much more.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Banned
Cornfed is a jewel in the roughCornfed is a jewel in the roughCornfed is a jewel in the roughCornfed is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 04CTT
I have to agree this gas mileage could be correct cause with my bone stock 04 zo6 I was getting 32 mpg on the highway at 70 and with the fully built 408 making 500 wheel horsepower I was still getting 27 and I check it myself manually to make sure the computer was calculation it wrong. Impressive on fuel to say the least, but I still enjoy the quality of my porsche much much more.
I understand the computer calculates economy by mesuring how much fuel comes up from the tank against how muck is sent back unused. If that were the case it would read correct no matter the mods unless you unhooked the sensor.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:46 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by deputydog95
Go to MTI's site. They have some details regarding the build. Not of this car, but of another one they did. Pretty impressive.
DD why argue just agree to disagree you have said your peace.

My SC'd Boxster S gets much better gas milage after addint the SC'r how about your 996?

Free bump for a great looking car with tons of performance! This is by far the best HP for the $$ on the 6 for sale right now.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:13 PM
Banned
Thanks guys

Old 08-29-2008, 07:42 AM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
My M3 gets horrible gas mileage after being SC.

However the OBC says I average 24 in the city, stomping on it occasionally.

Bigger injectors eat up more fuel per cylce. No way to get around it. Can't get better gas mileage with more fuel being used.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:24 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis
DD why argue just agree to disagree you have said your peace.

My SC'd Boxster S gets much better gas milage after addint the SC'r how about your 996?

Free bump for a great looking car with tons of performance! This is by far the best HP for the $$ on the 6 for sale right now.
Why would you quote me helping him find more information on the car, and then post this? At least quote the part where I was disagreeing....

I'm not arguing with anyone. The OBC's are worthless 99 percent of the time. They're not accurate and are generally very misleading.

No, my 996 get does not get better mileage after the SC. Why would it? That would make no sense. I have larger injectors and different software. It's designed to eat more fuel. Does the OBC say I'm getting better mileage than pre-SC? Yes. Is the OBC full of ****? Yes You're car shouldn't be any different. My digital speedo reads 4mph too fast, and our boxster was the same way. I would take all these electronic readings with a grain of salt.

Frankly, it's not realistic to think your car can get better get mileage than what the EPA estimates are. Especially after adding a few hundred hp.

The only way to really tell what kind of mileage your car is getting is the old fashioned way. Record your odometer reading and gallons pumped at each fill up. Do that three or four times and you'll get an accurate assessment of the kind of mileage your car is really getting. As a matter of fact, I use an Iphone App for my daily driver called gas hog that does that very thing. And imagine this, my OBC is wrong.... Although in my case it is actually reading lower than it should.

Regardless of the gas mileage, the car in this thread is fantastic. I would buy it myself if I was in the market. I'm sure anyone that is considering this car isn't concerned about highway mileage anyway

Old 08-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Slow4s has a spectacular aura aboutSlow4s has a spectacular aura about
Haha, there are SOOOO many people on this board who think you get equal or better gas mileage after throwing on another 100+ hp...

LOL.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Banned
I did with full intake, TB, Full exhaust, a mild cam and tune. Forged pistons dont change anything and only under spray do I get bad fuel economy. I added 130 n/a rwhp and another 200 on the spray (wet).

Burn!!!

Old 08-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Cornfed
I did with full intake, TB, Full exhaust, a mild cam and tune. Forged pistons dont change anything and only under spray do I get bad fuel economy. I added 130 n/a rwhp and another 200 on the spray (wet).

Burn!!!
You added a 130rwhp with an intake, TB, exhaust, cam, and ECU? That's close to 150hp.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:38 PM
vtecsti will become famous soon enough
FWIW my 06 sti with a protune got 26mpg on the highway. Bone stock, it got 24mpg. I think with a tune, and 1300rpm at 75mph the vette should be able to get close to 28mpg. That's hardly even in boost.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:39 PM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
damn i would like to get my hands on that for a weekend! GL on the sale

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C6 z06 blown 900rwhp has to go.