FS: 1997 Porsche 993 C2S $49,990

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 11:36 AM
cephas is on a distinguished road
I want both.
How much will be the NSX?

Old 09-18-2008, 09:32 PM
dsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud of
More pictures of both cars, interior and exterior PLEASEEE.... Great cars Good luck with the sale!

Old 09-24-2008, 04:03 PM
sdcabrio is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kcphuah
I would sell the NSX instead and keep the porsche.
+1 The P-car will only go up in value. Keep it and sell something else.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:19 AM
jvmax is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cephas
I want both.
How much will be the NSX?
The NSX is a 2002 and only has 27k miles. I'd like to keep both as they are great cars and both going up in value. The Porsche definitely has more heritage. If I had to sell the NSX I would ask $65k.

More info and pics on the NSX here:

http://www.ultimatecarcollection.com/NSX_02/02NSX.htm

Old 09-30-2008, 04:58 AM
jaxbch987 will become famous soon enough
jvmax, that 993 is smokin' hot and priced way fair. truly one of the best eras for porsche and your car is a perfect example.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:57 AM
Price lowered to $48,800 as of 10/30. Thanks for the positive comments. I thought I had it sold, but the timing was bad--the week when 3 banks were bought. Sorry NO TRADES.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:38 PM
allenjdmb is on a distinguished road
That is a beautiful 993, but I think...

you're going to find that the banking thing is a bigger deal than you suspect. And I don't mean the fact that many of them are in trouble. I agree, that's more a real Porsche than the others, but the reality is that you are going to have to find the ONE guy who has the $50 thousand unencumbered dollars to write a check for an 11 (almost 12) year old car. There simply is little, if any, financing out there for these cars, and most folks don't have $50k or so sitting around for that purpose. Lending Tree is not loaning any more money except on dealer cars, and I'm guessing that you don't want to know what a BOA or Chase or Citi would tell you about a car loan on an 11 year old car. I agree--it's probably more car than an 05 997, but that car has warranty and the ability to get paper bought. Just makes it tough on these unusual and rare cars. But hey, that guy is out there somewhere, and you only need one. Good luck, gorgeous car.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:52 AM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by allenjdmb
you're going to find that the banking thing is a bigger deal than you suspect. And I don't mean the fact that many of them are in trouble. I agree, that's more a real Porsche than the others, but the reality is that you are going to have to find the ONE guy who has the $50 thousand unencumbered dollars to write a check for an 11 (almost 12) year old car. There simply is little, if any, financing out there for these cars, and most folks don't have $50k or so sitting around for that purpose. Lending Tree is not loaning any more money except on dealer cars, and I'm guessing that you don't want to know what a BOA or Chase or Citi would tell you about a car loan on an 11 year old car. I agree--it's probably more car than an 05 997, but that car has warranty and the ability to get paper bought. Just makes it tough on these unusual and rare cars. But hey, that guy is out there somewhere, and you only need one. Good luck, gorgeous car.

If you have good credit, a bank will finance most of it. We financed over $50k last year for the C4S, we just had to pay a higher interest rate. If you have normal credit, most banks will give you at least blue book.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:08 AM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
I think you can get money for it, I just don't think the 100% of book loans are available anymore.

It is a cool car, and someone will buy it, just wait it out, make an adjustment on price if you want or need it to move faster.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:09 AM
Could be.

And that's obviously the person he needs. But I would remind you, the difference in the lending environment in Q4 of 2008 is a whole nuther world from last anything last year, for ANYTHING--cars, boats, homes, cash, retail sales/finance.
Sooner or later--probably sooner--the lending arms of the manufacturers are going to put so much pressure on lending that it will be quite difficult to obtain financing anywher but from them. Not next week, not next year. But it's coming. Hopefully I'll be through driving by then....

Old 10-31-2008, 11:00 AM
Exactly. Then, tell them..

you'd llike to borrow 20,30, 40 thousand dollars on a 10 year old car. A Porsche, BTW. "Well, uh, we uh, don't finance specialty cars". And if you can get the money borrowed, on what kind of terms? 24 months at best? Quick math tells me that's somewhere around $12-1400 a month. With no warranty. How much is the lease payment, or a baloon (which you're going to see more of), on a new 997, with the options and color you want, and a warranty?
Just makes it so tough. Again, you need exactly the right guy.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:08 AM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by allenjdmb
you'd llike to borrow 20,30, 40 thousand dollars on a 10 year old car. A Porsche, BTW. "Well, uh, we uh, don't finance specialty cars". And if you can get the money borrowed, on what kind of terms? 24 months at best? Quick math tells me that's somewhere around $12-1400 a month. With no warranty. How much is the lease payment, or a baloon (which you're going to see more of), on a new 997, with the options and color you want, and a warranty?
Just makes it so tough. Again, you need exactly the right guy.
I think you made your point about three times now....

Sorry to the OP, great car and its worth holding out for the right buyer. One of the few bodies/models that will remain in demand for a long time to come.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:47 AM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Great car - great price.

Although valid points about 'borrowed' money, there are (and I'd argue that most looking at this car) plenty of cash buyers around.

GL on the sale.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:31 PM
again, thanks for all of the great replies. I just slashed the price to $41,900. So anyone wanting to cash out of the stock market and buy low, this is the one for you. If it doesnt sell, I will just keep it and enjoy driving it--beautiful weather now in Central FL.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Bobby G is on a distinguished road
JV - a couple more questions, and forgive me if I've asked you before. What did the compression tests show? does it have any mechanical issues at all? is the engine running strong? Is it lowered? I can't tell if it has the big oval tips, either. I assume no accidents (other than the respray) or track time? Thanks....

Last edited by Bobby G; 12-01-2008 at 12:26 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS: 1997 Porsche 993 C2S $49,990