Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Gt2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !

Year: 2002
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Price: $70000
Mileage: 18706
Color: Guards Red
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MD
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Originally Posted by sunir
hold your ground for the appreciative buyer...

^^^^^this !!!!!

A lot of guys are giving 996tts away just to get into something newer and as it always is ..... once car gets into the 30s that invites a whole new market of shoppers. If a car is in good shape you can still get what you want for it now, just have to wait for right buyer.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 07-19-2011, 01:07 AM
zer0t has a spectacular aura aboutzer0t has a spectacular aura about
That's a great price and I'm glad you did well. This GT2 looks spectacular and I am very surprised that it hasn't moved at this price.

Old 07-19-2011, 04:34 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mangle
Heyyy... I recognize that first picture in your original post. I think I've got a bunch more if you want copies.

We spoke about your car for a while that day at the meetup at Ferrari of Washington. I was the kid with the black Viper. Funny enough, I'm now starting to look for a GT2. I won't be in a position to buy one until probably the spring. Perhaps we'll see if you still have it then.
Thanks, I do remember meeting you. I just added a bunch of photos, you can only load 5 per post so you have to scroll through several posts to see them all. If you want to add the photos you took on to your post I would appreciate it. I think when you took the pictures it had the stock wheels, but I'm not sure.

Old 07-19-2011, 04:39 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sunir
on the contrary...the 996 market is rebounding strong...I sold my '02 X50 996TT with 46K miles on it for $54K

this is why I advised Mario what I did...don't give it away, hold your ground for the appreciative buyer...
Thanks bro. I've had people offer me 68 and I turned them down. And I'm not sure they were serious at 68. For 2 thousand dollars; if they were really serious, they would buy the car, so I think once again people were just dreaming out loud. I am sticking to my rock bottom price of 70. I would rather keep it than sell it for anything less. I attached a photo of the my 24/18 turbos when they were returned from Blouch. They are basically new, new wastegates, polished, ported and properly broken in over 500 easy miles.

Attached Images  

Last edited by 9Eleven; 07-19-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:05 AM
DKM
DKM is on a distinguished road
Your car is beautiful...I wanted this car when I saw it for sale a while back. GLWS and stand firm on your price. You'll get it.

Dave

Old 07-20-2011, 04:02 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
Thanks bro. I've had people offer me 68 and I turned them down. And I'm not sure they were serious at 68. For 2 thousand dollars; if they were really serious, they would buy the car, so I think once again people were just dreaming out loud. I am sticking to my rock bottom price of 70. I would rather keep it than sell it for anything less. I attached a photo of the my 24/18 turbos when they were returned from Blouch. They are basically new, new wastegates, polished, ported and properly broken in over 500 easy miles.
blouchs are looking the beauty!!! We should meet up sometime and drive each others GT2 .... I would love to see/feel what Markski's done for you just in case I have an itch to do something ! My car is tune only now with the Euro market sport tuned exhaust (whatever that means TPC told me something about it) and the RSR revised ratio built gearbox...it goes thru the gears faster than any car I've owned, very short geared...TPC specs for acceleration not top speed.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:18 PM
Y65MPH will become famous soon enoughY65MPH will become famous soon enough
You should probably take the advice of the peanut gallery and hold out for 70k, because 68k from a check writer is a totally unfair offer. Beautiful car, by the way.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by Y65MPH
Beautiful car, by the way.
Thanks, I've got to tell you that I'm surprised that it hasn't sold yet. Is the market that bad?

Old 07-25-2011, 09:03 AM
Thanks, I've got to tell you that I'm surprised that it hasn't sold yet. Is the market that bad?

Worse than you can imagine. No one can sell what they have to get what they want. I sold my pristine 993TT with 17000 miles to a guy in Europe to get a fair price. It blew my mind that no one in this country wanted a car like that. It kills me to send cars out of the country since they will never come back. There does not seem to be a bottom to this market.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:16 AM
zer0t has a spectacular aura aboutzer0t has a spectacular aura about
I've said it, this car is beautiful and IMHO worth every penny. I couldn't move my mint 04 GT3 for anywhere near 50 so it wasn't going.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:55 AM
Iman is on a distinguished road
Cant believe this has not sold yet. GLWS.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:59 AM
frabouden is on a distinguished road
I wholeheartedly agree! it took me 4.5 months to sell my 993TT for what i believe is a fair price in this market - but unfortunately most sellers are a bit too proud of their cars to make the market roll as it should!

Old 07-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by frabouden
I wholeheartedly agree! it took me 4.5 months to sell my 993TT for what i believe is a fair price in this market - but unfortunately most sellers are a bit too proud of their cars to make the market roll as it should!
Either a 993TT or 996 GT2 takes a special buyer to appreciate these cars. To most they are just expensive old cars. For the same money you can get a 2009 or 2010 Carrera S. But once again, different market. I think this car is worth it. I made a 68K offer and I understand Marios position for sitting firm. I really dont think this car will fall much more in value. The only thing that will change is number of buyers who want a 10 year old car, it will most likely go down.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:45 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
The 996 GT2 is the last of the true 2 wheel drive factory turbo Porsches, the 997 GT2 and GT2RS have PSM and PASM (Porsche Stability Mgmt and Porsche Active Suspension Mgmt respectively), and many of he same features of the turbo and 997 Carrara lineup. The 996 GT2 did not have any of that, only ABS...it's a pure drivers car, it's raw and violent, and that unrefined nature is in it's DNA...it is afterall the 'Widowmaker'. Porsche got a lot of attrition reports so they made the 997 GT2 and 2RS closer to the 997 Turbo, based on the results of the 996 GT2 and reports of owners not knowing how to handle that much car, so Porsche made the next gen easier to drive and not as raw and visceral. I've been in both and that is surely the case. Sure it's a 10 yr old car but then again some things get better as they age like wine or collectable cars, it's going to age like a fine wine, and will always have appeal as the one and only notorious Widowmaker!

Old 07-25-2011, 08:14 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I have just cleaned up this thread.

This thread is dedicated to the sale of 9Eleven's GT2. If you are interested in purchasing the vehicle, contact him by PM. If not, and want to argue about the price point, keep your comments to yourself.

The reasoning behind why the vehicle is priced the way it is is not open for discussion. Arguments about this detract from the OP's ability to sell his vehicle. Please refrain from making more comments about the value of the vehicle - it is discourteous.

bob

Last edited by bbywu; 07-25-2011 at 08:17 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gt2