Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

1975 Datsun Z turbo. J spec ZG styled.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:55 PM
usafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to all
1975 Datsun Z turbo. J spec ZG styled.

Year: 1975
Make: Datsun
Model: 260Z
Price: $15000
Mileage: 100000
Color: Silver over Black/Red
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TX
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

I'm posting this ad as a feeler to see if there may be any interest in my old Z. I thought about selling the car awhile back when it had a fuel delivery/alternator issue, but troubleshot and solved it since.

Price: $15000
Location: Del Rio, TX, but can easily get to San Antonio or Austin as necessary.

The car is technically an early 280Z, but the only choice for a Datsun model was "260Z" oddly enough.

Specifics:
-1975 S30 chassis w/ ~100K miles. Stripped down, rust treated, put back together about 20K miles ago.
-Low compression '82 L28ET w/ nismo pistons ~15K miles, T3/T4 Garrett hybrid turbine, was running 21+psi until my GReddy Profec B gave out.
-TiAl 38mm WG, 50mm vent relief valve
-Megasquirt full standalone, 440cc inj, JSK rail, Aeromotive FPR, Walbro 255, sumped OEM fuel tank, Ford EDIS wasted spark.
-Rebuilt Borg Warner T5 from '83 280ZX turbo w/ Pro5.0 billet shifter, ~15K miles
-Heim jointed front control arms, Koni/Tokico hybrid strut arrangement, Carrera CC plates.

Interior:
-Red/black two tone accents
-Full Autometer gauge readouts. Original speedo is still there, but the tach was replaced and the 3 insets are, left to right, oil pressure, coolant temperature, and boost pressure. Fuel gauge is there, but reads backwards oddly enough (there were a group of Autometer gauges that did this no matter how they were wired up). In that case, E= excess, F=fumes
-Red TenzoR race seats (was going to throw in something else later on, but they work for now)
-4 point RCi harnesses
-new carpet and probably the nicest headliner I've seen in a Datsun Z.
-Rear rollbar, fire extinguisher, and spare tire well mounted battery.

Exterior:
-ZG fender flares
-BRE rear lip
-OEM Fairlady Z black fender mirrors (extremely rare)
-240Z front end conversion w/ Type 1 aero dam (currently without slim front bumper...will be on by April). Vented fenders, 280ZX turbo style hood vents (this actually does serve a purpose)
-Lexan repro headlight covers
-Rolls on 15X10" Aero Race wheels which are pretty hard to find proper fitting tires for. Planned on either having Diamond Racing make me some 17x10f and 17x11r for the time being, break down and buy Work Meister S1s, or plead with RS Watanabe to make me a set of 5 lug 17" RS8s. At any rate, these are the wheels that are on the car currently.
Oh yeah and I'm 5 lug. 5x114.3 via machined rear hubs and 300ZX turbo front hubs.
Paint's OK. Has a few runs, the side mirror shaving is obvious, and it needs a hole patched (took out the rear antenna) unless you want to put another antenna there. I had planned on repainting sometime within the next year.

Much more. I'm leaving out alot.

Issues:
-Need to replace the O2 sensor (have the new sensor, just no time) and trace down the boost control issue. Most likely, the unit's just dead and I'll just run straight mechanical wastegate for awhile.
-Top of the springs in the rear rubs against the stop over bumps occasionally. Normal, but annoying sometimes. Planned on going with AZC coilovers at some point.
-Leaks a little oil, but it's from the connections going into the oil cooler. Simple minor stuff, but I have very little time to address them.

This is my daily driver after selling my 1991 NSX to acquire it, having a G35 on the side while I fixed it, and then trusting it enough to be dependable every day (though I drive it less than 2 miles a day).
Looking to sell outright or trade for either a newer S2000 or older, rebuilt Porsche 911. Other interesting offers welcome. I entertain them all. Just hoping she ends up going to a good home again so I can get back into another NSX sooner rather than later.

Thanks for looking! Contact via PM on here.

Updated pics!
More pics available here:
http://s947.photobucket.com/albums/a...1Zshoot010.jpg

Look ma! No rust! You can see the original gold color here in the spare tire well, a very rust prone area on Datsun Zs. Electronics mounted with the battery are for the speakers near the seats with a normal male audio input, think it's 1/8", whatever headphones are.

Dreaded hatch rust? Nah.

The area near the battery tray in the back is a bad rust spot for Zs. Not here. Although, the paint is chipping off the valve cover. Pretty easy fix (Chrome it!). This is a good shot of the EDIS coil spark arrangement.

Some blemishes, paint cracking and a little run:

Where mirrors were shaved:

Where the Z emblem flew off (common Datsun problem!) and I removed the rear antenna. Needs a new emblem and either shaving or a better, smaller antenna.

Last edited by usafdarkhorse; 05-19-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:32 PM
Zlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant future
That looks like a really nice ride.

Last edited by Zlatko; 05-20-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:52 PM
usafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to all
Fixed with the original post.

Last edited by usafdarkhorse; 05-19-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:59 PM
Ttt.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:39 PM
bump

Old 04-09-2011, 01:55 AM
Zeshin is on a distinguished road
Love it!
I also have a modified Z and often find myself commuting in it. =)

Old 04-17-2011, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by Zeshin
Love it!
I also have a modified Z and often find myself commuting in it. =)
Thanks!

Replaced the O2 sensor this past weekend and upped the boost. It seems my move from Tennessee to Texas has messed with my tune. Rock solid through about 12psi, just a little fussy above that. Just need to tweak the values a bit.

Car runs better than I've heard it before. It will be a beast once again.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:30 PM
bump

Old 04-25-2011, 11:46 PM
Zlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant futureZlatko has a brilliant future
Sent you a PM. Love that car!

Old 05-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Replied. New pictures coming by next weekend. Car is still available.

Old 05-07-2011, 05:33 PM
coco0045 will become famous soon enough
Wow a Datsun! Bump for the cool ride!

Old 05-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Recalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really nice
I saw you on base. I've built 3 240's. I wondered what was up with the 280 and 240 front end. Now I know! Good luck with selling it. JR

Old 05-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Recalcitrant
I saw you on base. I've built 3 240's. I wondered what was up with the 280 and 240 front end. Now I know! Good luck with selling it. JR
Thanks! Yeah at some point it would be nice to get the 240Z rear end as well, but that's if I end up keeping it. I'd like to get into the Porsche game or just save up some cash for another NSX.

I've had a few bites from San Antonio, some cash offers. I had two FD RX7 offers back to back within two days. Not getting one of those without a dedicated DD on the side.

Flag me down on base sometime. I love talking about the car and would be sad to let it go.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Recalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really nice
Originally Posted by usafdarkhorse
Thanks! Yeah at some point it would be nice to get the 240Z rear end as well, but that's if I end up keeping it. I'd like to get into the Porsche game or just save up some cash for another NSX.

I've had a few bites from San Antonio, some cash offers. I had two FD RX7 offers back to back within two days. Not getting one of those without a dedicated DD on the side.

Flag me down on base sometime. I love talking about the car and would be sad to let it go.
Swing by Nachos (Red Bulls) sometime. I am thinking about getting a hill country cruise together up 335 336 and 337. There are quite a few guys interested. Those roads are a lot of fun. Godzira is my CS. Talk to you later.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Recalcitrant
Swing by Nachos (Red Bulls) sometime. I am thinking about getting a hill country cruise together up 335 336 and 337. There are quite a few guys interested. Those roads are a lot of fun. Godzira is my CS. Talk to you later.
Nice. I think I've seen your car around once or twice.

The 38 guys in our class will be going to Nachos, so I may or may not see you there haha.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1975 Datsun Z turbo. J spec ZG styled.