Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

RUF Porsche 993TT TURBO R 1998

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 10:18 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
wing update, thanks

Year: 1998
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Price: $107000
Mileage: 35500
Color: White
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): RI
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

With a passing in the family have been busy with other things recently....believe I am current with any PM's. The 993tt wing is painted and will be installing shortly, will post pics soon! Thanks all....(will keep Turbo S wing in case new owner wants that look be possible)

I am hoping my car looks more like this! A vid of one of the most amazing RUF TURBO R's I have ever seen! (found online) Looks like a museum piece in a collection...... My car to has the Turbo S ducts but mine also has the shaved rain gutters as well+ lots of carbon fiber!

stay tuned! -enjoy- (I have no idea who's car this is, but a beauty!)

Old 08-26-2013, 09:17 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
993TT wing installed

car comes with both wings, 993TT and the TURBO S wing...

Last edited by mickfluff; 09-18-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:19 AM
another

1 more....and a recent interior pic...Tx

Attached Images   

Last edited by mickfluff; 09-18-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:23 AM
911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of
LOVE the color - always have!! TERRIFIC car

Old 08-28-2013, 08:29 AM
Thanks all, adjusted price

Price adjusted to allow someone to do as they please wish with side skirts if not their preference and how far they want to go with paint. Price reduction will allow for full respray+Sills if someone chooses to remove... and for those not local to feel more comfortable if they can't see the car in person. Prefer if local or short trip to come see the car and can go out for a ride! I have many interested but as of today 3 very interested parties and a real offer in hand but just below my bottom line. So car officially still for sale and no deposits taken.

Thanks

Old 08-28-2013, 09:27 AM
Overlake will become famous soon enough
Best looking 911 I've seen FS on this site - if not for the story, however minor it may be, this would be a SLAM DUNK fetching a lot more dough. You just can't replicate this today. Unless you had deeep pockets and the mental fortitude of a gnat.

Glws!

Old 08-28-2013, 09:37 AM
Agreed

I am a realist, and agree with you.... Clean title and although minor (and have police report) it still detracts from "max price". This car would cost a small fortune to re-create. I know of one other like kind (similar miles and options etc) Ruf Turbo R and he passed on offers of 135-140+K...... This is truly a rare and unique car! Thanks for the note....

Originally Posted by Overlake
Best looking 911 I've seen FS on this site - if not for the story, however minor it may be, this would be a SLAM DUNK fetching a lot more dough. You just can't replicate this today. Unless you had deeep pockets and the mental fortitude of a gnat.

Glws!

Old 08-28-2013, 10:16 AM
FS ads like yours is the ONLY reason I bookmark this site.

I don't think you can recreate this even if you wanted to with authentic RUF parts as they don't make them any longer, correct?

Now it's a 100% RUF engine, right? Why did it need so much work with the cylinder, turbo, etc with such low miles for something RUF factory produced? Maybe I read the ad wrong.

Thanks, Mick.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:30 AM
good questions...

All good questions....

yes, this is a new engine sent by RUF and a RUF tech from germany to do the Turbo R conversion on the car. This started life as a wide body C2s so there was no turbo engine (like in a 993TT) to modeify so instead RUF sent a new engine done to Turbo R specs, (have the paperwork from RUF and on file ay RUF) and all the other needed for the conversion like RUF modified Porsche ECU, RUF modified Porsche Turbos etc...

The car although very low miles, the conversion was done in 2001 so does have age and its the age catching up with these cars (all the Porsche Turbos)... seals dry out etc and they need to be maintained. The prior owner did maintain the car I think to normal sports car standards but anyone that understands the 993TT cars know they need to be started regularly and a bit more kept after, proper cool down after long ride etc... (like many special cars) This car was at his second home in Miami so would go undriven for many months at a time. This is my thoughts to what led to needing much of the work. When I got the car we went through it, to address the standard stuff that again very common with these cars (damp timing chain covers, engine mounts replaced, top end seals, etc... ) and that is when we found the failing turbos (again common in these cars now after 15 years) and diagnosed and went through all cylinders and heads etc to find #2 needed to be replaced. Some hacks would have slapped the car back together and moved on but I spent the money and did it all with the plan to keep the car not realizing how fast it could add up $ wise...

In my humble opinion....The key for ANYONE buying a 993tt (or lucky enough to find a RUF Turbo R!) is to buy one someone else already did the work to. They are robust reliable cars but again now they are nearing 15 years in age and finding more and more having to have the needful done... the key is let someone else do it and then buy it! Not end up in my position.... I am not to proud to admit I learned a lot with this car and it was an expensive education.....

Happy to answer any other questions....

Note - a RUF engine is a 993tt Porsche engine modified to Turbo R specs... cam shafts etc and some other things I believe in that work. If you have a 993tt car and want a RUF TURBO R, RUF won't simpy do this for you, your engine has to "qualify" and be under a certain miles limit and they need to inspect the engine, many times they will only do the Turbo R option if owner agrees to have the engine done... new seals, top end I believe and few other things at the time of the RUF Turbo R conversion...some think a RUF Turbo R conversion is just the price of that option from RUF, but most times its a LOT LOT more.....and comes with NO RUF parts like bumpers, gauges, shifter, wheels, etc...all extra.

FS ads like yours is the ONLY reason I bookmark this site.

I don't think you can recreate this even if you wanted to with authentic RUF parts as they don't make them any longer, correct?

Now it's a 100% RUF engine, right? Why did it need so much work with the cylinder, turbo, etc with such low miles for something RUF factory produced? Maybe I read the ad wrong.

Thanks, Mick.

Last edited by mickfluff; 08-28-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:39 AM
You, sir, are a gentleman, scholar and p-car insane. And I love you for it!

This is a needle in a hay stack, guys. If I hadn't bought my commuter sedan with a stupid V8 stuffed into it recently, I'd totally be crazy enough to PPI this thing and ship it all the way back to the West Coast.

Aesthetically, this is 911 perfection for me. It's got to be insane to look at in person, let alone drive.

Thanks for being so upfront about everything - even with random chumps like me kicking virtual tires. I have no skin in game. Just very entertained by it all.

Well done.

P.S. The only odd thing about your ad is that this 911 began as a C2S not TT

Last edited by Overlake; 08-28-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:25 PM
rare

Thanks.... the fact it started life as a c2s makes it even more rare.... it is RWD and many 993TT car owners do a AWD delete and convert to RWD....plus it is a 1998! where all other 993tts can't be newer then a 1997 as thats the last year of the 993tt. The car has upgraded brakes to larger Turbo brakes, wide body like a TURBO etc. and the shaved gutters when you look at a stock 993tt looks so much better...
This 1998 is truly the last year of the air cooled Turbo porsche!

Thanks for the positive words...

You, sir, are a gentleman, scholar and p-car insane. And I love you for it!

This is a needle in a hay stack, guys. If I hadn't bought my commuter sedan with a stupid V8 stuffed into it recently, I'd totally be crazy enough to PPI this thing and ship it all the way back to the West Coast.

Aesthetically, this is 911 perfection for me. It's got to be insane to look at in person, let alone drive.

Thanks for being so upfront about everything - even with random chumps like me kicking virtual tires. I have no skin in game. Just very entertained by it all.

Well done.

P.S. The only odd thing about your ad is that this 911 began as a C2S not TT

Old 09-05-2013, 05:09 AM
Been a busy summer and haven't been to motivated to let her go..... I need to get better photos and vids. up and hopefully soon.... Just updated with new pics!.

Last edited by mickfluff; 09-18-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:18 AM
Bump

Bump... Thanks

Old 09-16-2013, 02:02 PM
in Motion!

in motion short vid....

Old 09-16-2013, 08:12 PM
New pics

New vid above and all new pics posted in first page of post, thanks

and one below to send you to page one!

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RUF Porsche 993TT TURBO R 1998