Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

1995 Porsche C2 with 32k miles and upgrades in FL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 06:13 AM
G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !
1995 Porsche C2 with 32k miles and upgrades in FL

Year: 1995
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Price: $44993
Mileage: 32250
Color: Aventurine Green
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): FL
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Hello Ladies and Gents. It is time to put my car up for sale.

We are discussing my 1995 C2 Carrera with 32K miles. I am continuing to enjoy the car on weekends so the miles will fluctuate, although not by much. Having said that, let’s get to specifics.

Aventurine Green with tan leather and black carpet.

I purchased the car from a fellow PCA member. It was a top of market car, with an expensive, recent service history, done at the hands of a very well-credentialed Porsche mechanic. I purchased the car with 27K on the clock with a recent engine out service that was handled by the PO at 26K miles. Caps, rotors, belts plugs, plug wires, and all the” while you’re in there…” items were accomplished to a tune of a $5k service. When it arrived to my home via an enclosed Intercity Van Lines transport (great outfit by the way), it had fresh PSS10s, turbo twists with Continental DW’s with 95% of meat left. I also added colored center caps to the twists. When it got down to establishing a baseline for the car, I took it to Porsche of Melbourne and met with Andy the SA. Porsche of Melbourne is a Premier Dealer so I thought the quality of service was on point. They suggested replacing all 4 CV joint boots, and I suggested having the car aligned to my specs: RS+ 10mm ride height, ROW Sport alignment specs, and freshly installed Walrod Bushings. Mission accomplished: the car tracks like a dream on straights but exhibits fierce turn in into corners with the combo of the suspension mods the Fikse FM5’s and the sticky Dunlop Star Specs that I had just purchased. I also installed FDM Stainless Steel brake lines and Wide Mouth ovals at this time. The brakes were flushed again at this point. I then installed a FDM SSK and an RS leather/aluminum shift **** and boot. Shifts became positive and extremely crisp. RS motor mounts were added and the transaxle fluid replaced with fresh OEM Porsche fluid courtesy of Sunset Porsche. I also use Gibbs DT 50 motor oil in the motor with excellent results. I have changed the oil every 3k miles, and the car appears to use .2 quart every 3K miles. Everyone has their own opinion of oil, and that is a discussion for a different thread, but I will provide data for my decision to use this particular substance. The owner of HMR in Tampa (a shop I trust and respect) has a 95 993 with 180k on it. It was a daily driven car and the motor has never been apart. The car went 10K between oil changes and consumed less than a quart (admittedly mostly highway driving) between services. For you science guys yes it is an “n” of 1. But it is a compelling 1! At any rate these bearings and valve guides like zinc, which is simply not available in modern mainstream motor oil. DT 50 has it in spades.

I then turned my attention to the interior. The PO had installed a 996 3 spoke wheel, that really feels great. He also installed a Kenwood deck that was I Pod and Bluetooth compatible. I wanted to improve the sound of the audio while maintaining total stealth. To this end I added Hertz HSK 165 components in the doors, a Hertz HDP 4 Amp under the seat and a Hertz 8 inch sub in a custom box in the right rear footwell. These are components that are used by the legendary Rod Birch, and the system was inspired by his choice in components. It is NOT however a Rod Birch system as he did not do the install. Instead the install was handled by a local audio shop that was a vendor recommended by my local PCA chapter. The end result is exactly what I wanted- Clean crisp sound with tight bass response, and total stealth, with exception of the non OEM Kenwood head unit. There was no other way to integrate Bluetooth, I pod and offer the degree of audio tuning needed in order to allow the Hertz components to live up to their full potential.

Now it was time for the exterior. I have always marched to the beat of my own drum. I loved the way the 356 Outlaw cars turned that segment on its ear. Too many times I have heard at PCA events (I am a member) how a modified car would be worth more if it had been left stock. The Outlaw movement verified that folks were willing to value these cars on the basis of effort and design, not just originality. I applauded this sentiment and decided to take it and run with it on my personal car. I always loved the ducktail spoilers on the early RS cars, so I decided my car must have one. In order to balance it aesthetically as well as aerodynamically, I decided on GT3 splitters. Easier said than done… Aftermarket parts never are the “plug and play” variety. These parts needed to be massaged thouroughly in order to get OEM fitment and shut lines. Fortunately, Heritage Motor Restoration in Tampa FL was up to the task. They had a 356 in the Porsche Parade in 2010 that won the Peoples Choice award. I figured they were qualified enough to do the ducktail, GT3 splitters and the Turbo S brake ducts I wanted. They came through in a splendid way with superb paint match and OEM quality fitment. I was speechlessly happy… until I saw the bill… Apparently excellence does not come cheap. At any rate, the parts look like factory fitment and add real credibility to my 993 Outlaw theme. I even added a clear bra to the hood, mirrors and front portion of the rear fenders. In the words of Elmer Fudd "Wap that Wascal!"

I added T-Lok HID headlight bulbs that really woke up the night- literally a day and night difference in night vision compared to the stock halogen headlights.
I also added a T-Lok keyless entry. Nice to be able to click and unlock and not have to insert the key into the door handle and worry about where the keychain is going to swing as you twist.. Lights flash but no “chirp” when you do so. I did not want to be “that guy”. No Immobilizer here.

So in summary, I would like to offer my 95 993 for sale.

It has 32K miles.

It has quite a few mods, in an Outlaw style.

I know it is not stock, and the mods might not appeal to everyone. It occupies a small portion of the market as a low mile car with a clean title and ownership history and a pretty extensive list of mods.

It comes with two sets of wheels- the Fikses and the Turbo Twists.

I have the stock decklid (complete with basket handle), fog lights, and front fender underpanels. The car can be converted back to stock appearance in a couple hours using hand tools, beer, and profanity by a couple shade tree mechanics. One to drink the beer, the other to sprinkle the profanity.

I have 2 cases of DT 50 to go with the car that should give the next owner peace of mind… or anguish if he/she has a different opinion of what oil to use.

The car comes with a Certificate of Authenticity. It was purchased new at Brumos Porsche in Jacksonville FL, and I appear to be the third owner, after having purchased it off Rennlist.

The bottom line literally and figuratively is the price for such excellence and free thought. I think the car is fairly and market correctly priced at $44,993. Let’s see what the market decides.

G50carerra@hotmail.com

Here is a link to some proper pics. of the car.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21891030@N08/

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	305731  

Last edited by G50CARERRA; 11-26-2013 at 06:30 AM.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:48 AM
XwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud of
GLWS this car looks so mint. love the ducktail too.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:17 AM
phily911 has a spectacular aura aboutphily911 has a spectacular aura aboutphily911 has a spectacular aura about
Awesome! GLWS

Old 12-01-2013, 09:45 AM
ChrisGUGA is a splendid one to beholdChrisGUGA is a splendid one to beholdChrisGUGA is a splendid one to beholdChrisGUGA is a splendid one to beholdChrisGUGA is a splendid one to beholdChrisGUGA is a splendid one to beholdChrisGUGA is a splendid one to behold
Wow, incredible attention to detail. Beautiful car!

Old 12-01-2013, 01:58 PM
355dreamer has much to be proud of355dreamer has much to be proud of355dreamer has much to be proud of355dreamer has much to be proud of355dreamer has much to be proud of355dreamer has much to be proud of355dreamer has much to be proud of355dreamer has much to be proud of
Cool car. GLWS

Old 12-02-2013, 04:35 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Dear god... always the car I want when I'm not ready. GLWS!

If this thing doesn't sell, contact me in the spring please.

Old 12-04-2013, 06:05 AM
G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !G50CARERRA Is a GOD !
Thanks for the kind words all. Car will be at Sebring Historics this weekend.

Old 12-04-2013, 06:54 PM
I added some pics I took today to the Flickr account. It is really neat to see the three separate sets of pictures of the car taken on three separate days with different lighting conditions for each. The Aventurine Green takes on a different personality with each shift of the clouds.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:27 AM
Post HSR bump

Old 12-15-2013, 08:10 AM
Christmas shopping bump. Put this 993 under your tree

Old 01-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Belated, but this car sold before the new year, and caused a few ruffled feathers.