Location (State):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Built 1000+ HP Porsche 996 Turbo - JBE Racing, Bill Rader Motorsports, Protomotive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 12:09 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !

Year: 2004
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Price: $0
Mileage: 0
Color: Silver
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NY
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Low post members should use visitor messaging...if you don't know how check site FAQ

Old 07-06-2016, 09:45 PM
Duckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud of
I've seen this car in person and gone for a ride if anyone has any questions about it.

I spent $1,300 and two days of my time in June of '15 driving a truck and trailer all the way from Michigan,... with cash,.. and the seller wouldn't let me drive it.

And I couldn't tell from the passenger seat if it was fast at all,.. or where the boost came in,.. or what the brakes felt like,. or how the trans shifted,.. or how the clutch was to operate, or if it handled well.

So I had to pass. Ended up with a 19,000 mile 997TT.

Last edited by Duckstu; 07-06-2016 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:59 PM
Ispeed9 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm very interested in the car if it's still for sale. Please call/text 203-906-5380. Thank you!

Old 07-07-2016, 12:56 PM
abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !abe_911 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Duckstu
I've seen this car in person and gone for a ride if anyone has any questions about it. I spent $1,300 and two days of my time in June of '15 driving a truck and trailer all the way from Michigan,... with cash,.. and the seller wouldn't let me drive it. And I couldn't tell from the passenger seat if it was fast at all,.. or where the boost came in,.. or what the brakes felt like,. or how the trans shifted,.. or how the clutch was to operate, or if it handled well. So I had to pass. Ended up with a 19,000 mile 997TT.
Wow ... Speechless ... I wouldn't have bought it either . No wonder it hasn't sold for this price this whole time ..

Old 07-07-2016, 03:54 PM
Duckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by abe_911
Wow ... Speechless ... I wouldn't have bought it either . No wonder it hasn't sold for this price this whole time ..

Also,. there were condition issues.

The small round grill under the passanger side A/C vent that takes in air for the auto climate control was ripped out, and a jagged hole left behind where the first owner had a methanol gauge installed.

And a very worn E-brake cover etc.

The Tial external waste-gates do not have dump tubes on them,.. and they hang below everything under the car. It appeared that their exits were perhaps 3" from the pavement,.. though I did not have a tape measure with me.

I believe the car had 3076 turbos at the time,.. and the car was advertised as "900 hp capable",. though the owner stated that he guessed it was at 700 ish,.. and he didn't want to push it,.. and it had never been dyno'd.

From the ride around the city streets,.. I wasn't able to experience more than perhaps 300 hp of that. There's really no freeway near there,.. and what ones there are have lots of traffic.

I'd want to have the guy meet me West of Manhattan,... near a freeway so as to be able to experience the car's one party trick (going silly fast in a straight line).

Also, at that time the car was stored outdoors.

The ride quality is what I would consider very harsh,.. and with a clunking underneath.

When you have virtually every system in a car that has been significantly modified,.. you really need to try them out for yourself. Everything was an unknown, even after the short ride-along.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:38 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Duckstu

Also,. the owner lived in a converted garage (until recently apparently) behind someone else's house,. and as such,..the car was stored outdoors.

Old 07-10-2016, 10:51 AM
That's pretty harsh dude.

New York is pretty expensive,.. even when it's not Manhattan.

The guy's doing what he can,.. working at his mom's investment company,.. and apparently just bought a home.

Not everyone has a garage first time around.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:53 PM
Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by abe_911
I am not even going to respond to the BS this guy is saying. I am also not letting someone drive my car that has no deposit on it.

The guy was a "stock" vehicle type of guy ala why he landed with a stock 997 turbo. He was the type that said to me he was worried about the storage space in the trunk because of the surge tank.

He was beyond **** retentive type of person with a social defect.......I can go deeper but I will refrain.......

Old 07-10-2016, 09:25 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
While we expect full and complete disclosure in any for sale classified posted on this board we also request that members not post negative in other members for sale ads...if you are not experienced in driving a 1,000 hp car it shouldn't surprise you that the owner might be hesitant to let you drive it without at least a deposit...you guys please work this out off of the board...thanks

Old 07-10-2016, 09:29 PM
Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
While we expect full and complete disclosure in any for sale classified posted on this board we also request that members not post negative in other members for sale ads...if you are not experienced in driving a 1,000 hp car it shouldn't surprise you that the owner might be hesitant to let you drive it without at least a deposit...you guys please work this out off of the board...thanks

The guy came and saw my car a year and a half ago lol.

The car has undergone many changes since he saw it. Motor, Trans, Turbos, Fueling, Interior.......

Old 07-20-2016, 08:52 AM
$57,500..................

New PRICE.............

Old 07-31-2016, 08:10 PM
55,000............this week..........

Old 08-08-2016, 05:13 PM
Sold.............

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.