Location (State):

Item Condition:

WTB: 18" wheels - Kinesis, Fikse or Champion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 11:33 AM
Cody_1 will become famous soon enough
WTB: 18" wheels - Kinesis, Fikse or Champion

I am looking for a set of 18" rims for my '02 996TT. I'll buy new if I have to, but would prefer used. Would prefer and am looking for:

Kinesis K18 (or K18R)
Fikse Profil 13
Champion RG5 Monolite, or
BBS RS-GT

TIA.........Rich

Old 12-29-2005, 12:34 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
oh oh

Old 12-29-2005, 12:36 PM
Yep........Christmas bonuses are in. :-)

Old 12-29-2005, 02:48 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
We have a set of HRE 542R's that we took off a customers car he wants to sell with Yokohama AVS Sport tires. Check it out here. http://www.gmpperformance.com/index....ail&PID=113670

Old 01-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Re: WTB: 18" wheels - Kinesis, Fikse or Champion

OK - as expected, not much used out there that is catching my eye.

Does anyone have a favorite board sponsor that i should buy new Champions from?

Thanks............Rich

Originally posted by Cody_1
I am looking for a set of 18" rims for my '02 996TT. I'll buy new if I have to, but would prefer used. Would prefer and am looking for:

Kinesis K18 (or K18R)
Fikse Profil 13
Champion RG5 Monolite, or
BBS RS-GT

TIA.........Rich

Old 01-02-2006, 05:31 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
Cody,

I'm looking to do the same thing for my 01 996TT. I saw these SSR (never heard of them) GT3 and thought they would give a nice full view of the brakes and calipers.

http://www.wheelenhancement.com/inde...elDetail&id=60

Old 01-02-2006, 07:56 PM
fasteddiett has a spectacular aura aboutfasteddiett has a spectacular aura about
bbs is my vote... lets buy a pair ... one for you and one for me !!

Old 01-02-2006, 09:22 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
BBS or Kinesis is my vote They just look "right" on Porsches and are always strong and light...

DTMarsh they stopped making the SSR GT3 Comps for the Porsches since a lot of 993 guys had some issues with the hardware failing. I did briefly have a set on the 996TT last year.. I mean the year before

Old 01-02-2006, 10:16 PM
BBS

Yep - BBS is actually my first choice - although I'm looking for a set of these wheels (see pic) that they use in the ALMS. I need a set with a 5-lug pattern though. Does anyone know if BBS makes these in a 5-lug?

Thx........Rich

Attached Images  
Old 01-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
BBS has them in the motorsport lineup. We were able to get them for a while. They are magnesium and are an aggressive fitment. Contact Danny at GMP at extension 255 and he knows the details.

Stephen @ GMP

Old 01-04-2006, 07:13 PM
Re: BBS

Yep - BBS is actually my first choice - although I'm looking for a set of these wheels (see pic) that they use in the ALMS. I need a set with a 5-lug pattern though. Does anyone know if BBS makes these in a 5-lug?

Thx........Rich
I shoulda been there that day with you man next time for sure!

Plus I coulda asked to return the 720 degrees favor to Johannes

Old 01-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
be careful of a magnesium wheel on a street car... you hit a pot hole you can destroy the wheel. check out some fikse wheels.

Old 01-05-2006, 06:01 AM
Re: Re: BBS

Originally posted by sharkster
I shoulda been there that day with you man next time for sure!

Plus I coulda asked to return the 720 degrees favor to Johannes
Yep - you should have gone! I ended up doing several things with the team last year, and did have a chance to talk to Johannes about him taking your car for a "spin". Also let him know that you were in the 10's with your car now. He seemed impressed.

We're currently looking at an '06 sponsorship, so hopefully you'll have another opportunity.......

- Rich

Old 01-06-2006, 08:54 PM
Re: Re: Re: BBS

Yep - you should have gone! I ended up doing several things with the team last year, and did have a chance to talk to Johannes about him taking your car for a "spin". Also let him know that you were in the 10's with your car now. He seemed impressed.

We're currently looking at an '06 sponsorship, so hopefully you'll have another opportunity.......

- Rich
I really should have eh What's new with you? Been forever since I've seen you.. I've even seen Eddie dammit!

Old 01-07-2006, 10:08 AM
911 C2S is on a distinguished road
I bought champions from Wheel Enhancement. Great business and I would do business with them again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WTB: 18" wheels - Kinesis, Fikse or Champion