Model: 3-Series
Price: $6600
Mileage: 138000
Color: BLACK
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MD
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

I purchased the car at the end of 2017 to make an ultimate e46 3-series. I had looked for this particular color combination for a while. I had the intent of swapping in a manual transmission and supercharging the car; however, plans went wayside as I sold my (at the time) daily driver and instead decided to turn this car into a comfortable, reliable, AWD daily warrior. As with a lot of auto enthusiasts --- I went too deep into the rabbit hole of making it "perfect". One thing led to the next and I had just about the entire car disassembled in my garage and have just now (after 11 months) completed an entire "restoration" of it. The following work has been completed on this car and has less than 50 miles on it:

1. Full cooling system overhaul inclusive of not only the water pump, thermostat, and the tank, but also replacement of each and every hose along with the radiator itself. I replaced the original mechanical fan set up with the M3 configuration electric fan, replaced each of the cooling system sensors, etc. The "hard-pipes" that plug into the engine block were replaced as well as the hoses that go from the radiator to the heater core. The accessory belt tensioners were replaced along with the belts themselves.
2. Full CCV, DISA, vacuum system replacement. This included upgrading the entire system to the "cold weather" equipment as well. The oil-air separator and all hoses are "wrapped" as part of the cold-weather package. The DISA was rebuilt ENTIRELY. not just the pin, but also the flap, and even the diaphragm. Every simple vacuum line was replaced with silicone hoses/lines as well.
3. Full VANOS rebuilt. This included not only the seals, but also anti-rattle washers/spacers, gaskets, and oil lines.
4. Serviced all of the injectors, rebuilt, re-sealed, etc.
5. Replaced the spark plugs, coil pack boots.
6. Replaced just about every gasket that this car has. Everything from oil filter housing gasket to valve cover gasket, manifold gasket.
7. Conduct extensive cleaning of the manifold and all manifold ports/valves.
8. Replace all AC o-rings and install a new condenser (why not --- had the whole front of the car disassembled for radiator replacement!)
9. Sorted through all vacuum lines, wires, hoses. Replaced all broken OEM clips with new units throughout the engine bay.
10. Installed new axles (front)
11. Replaced all struts along with mounts (front and rear). All new bump stops, dust covers, etc. Struts are Bilstein.
12. Installed new front control arms, ball joints, tie rods (inner and outer) with boots, sway bar bushings, etc. New steering rack bellows as well.
13. Installed all new brakes. Everything from parking brake pads to the rotors and pads. Calipers were gone through, cleaned, painted, etc. The rotors are e-coated so they do not rust at the hub or internally
14. Replaced all brake fluid hoses and flushed the system several times with new fluid.
15. Flushed both diffs with RedLine fluid. Replaced all seals/caps.
16. Flushed the transmission with RedLine fluid. Replaced all seals/caps. Replaced the filter for the transmission along with all the pan bolts as well.
17. Flushed the transfer case with RedLine fluid. Replaced all seals/caps.
18. Replaced the power steering reservoir and the hoses to it. Flushed with RedLine fluid.
19. Replaced both of the engine mounts and the transmission mount (transfer case mount)
20. Replaced all other engine fluids (coolant, engine, AC charge)
21. Conducted a brand new alignment.
22. Installed brand new OEM rubber mats
23. Installed K&N air filter, new air-box mounts/clips, new air-box to intake hoses, and secondary air pump hoses.
24. Installed a new fuel filter

As aforementioned --- all the work has less than 50 miles on it. The car literally feels brand new. All the components were replaced with OEM or better quality parts (Lemforder, Bilstein, etc.) and was purchased either from the dealer, ECS Tuning, FCP Euro, or RockAutoParts. I have receipts for everything. The amount spent on parts along is $3,800+. The labor --- was probably about 3-4 weeks (which I scattered as I conducted these projects after work over the course of 11 months). All components replaced were also affixed back to the car with new hardware (bolts, nuts, clamps, etc.)

Interior is great (with the exception of the sagging headliner and some pillar material peel --- easy fix. Typical for BMW's of that year). The exterior is great as well. Some minor dings/dents. The shine on the metallic black is beautiful. Rear bumper was entirely refreshed/painted during the time the car spent on the lift over the last year. I also installed both new rear window regulators as well as Angel-Eyes in the headlights (with all new weather stripping up of the lights), and black kidney grilles. Car does NOT leak anything. Including pictures of underneath the pan.

My situation has changed. Now that I have completed this rather extensive refresh on this car --- I am considering selling it. While I understand that I will never get back the amount of money I have spent on it ($3,700 for the car + $3,800+ for my refresh) and will never come anywhere close to getting the time back that I spent on it --- I am willing to listen to reasonable offers. Don't e-mail me and tell me that there is 100 e46's for sale for $2K or $3K. I can see that myself. None of those cars have been rebuilt and are in the condition that this car is in. I am setting the price at $6,600.00 OBO. Willing to listen to offers; however, I'll keep it and drive it problem free for 100K miles for $4K. If you were to buy any other E46 and pay a shop to have the refresh done as I have completed for this car you'd be well over $10K. As we would all agree --- that is incredibly unreasonable to do on this car.

CAR JUST PASSED MD INSPECTION without a single notation last week

Anyhow. Willing to listen to offers and discuss.

Old 12-20-2018, 06:08 AM
arjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond repute
Alright alright OP you got me sold my nephew wants it and let's do it this weekend, please read your PM, thanks

Old 12-21-2018, 07:27 PM
arjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond repute
Might be able to pick it up this Sunday just waiting for my driver, thanks Paul

Old 01-16-2019, 09:53 AM
sempaipaul will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by arjayr33
Might be able to pick it up this Sunday just waiting for my driver, thanks Paul
SOLD to you. Thank you for an easy transaction. Hope you enjoy the vehicle!

Old 01-16-2019, 12:17 PM
325 xi

Originally Posted by sempaipaul

SOLD to you. Thank you for an easy transaction. Hope you enjoy the vehicle!
Oh man thank you to you! drove it home to nj (160 miles) it was flawless and no issue whatsoever. We'll talk about that RS6 you have when you're ready and I know you'll hoarding that vintage 911 in the corner. I wished all sellers are like you on point and honest. Happy Motoring!