Location (State):

Item Condition:

FS: 02 996tt chicago 10k miles wholesale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 12:16 PM
dlm477 is infamous around these parts
FS: 02 996tt chicago 10k miles wholesale

Had two people about to purchase the car for 73.5k. One could not get financing the other did not want an upgraded ecu; both agreed price was more than reasonable. Porsche dealer will only buy car if I order a car so must sell privately. Will sell the car for $72,000. If you can find a better deal on clean low mileage car, please let me know.

2002 Porsche 911 turbo
10,150 miles
silver metalic/black
WP0AB29972S687531
WP0AB29972S687531
Condition: excellent

Factory Options:
thick aluminum shifter/handbrake
aluminum guages
heated front seats
silver center console
silver upper console

Aftermarket Options:
Porsche factory short shifter
Bilstein PSS9 Suspension (4k)
TOL Motoring custom stereo system (15k)
35% tinted windows
painted to match rear bumperettes and front chin spoiler
Upsolute ecu

Car was purchased and has been serviced at Napleton Porsche in Westmont IL.

Dan McLachlan
630-207-3263

Link to pics
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52207

Old 09-22-2006, 12:58 PM
O-Ace will become famous soon enough
I just txt'd my friend who currently owns an 04' M3. I wish he would get your car! It's an awesome deal.

Old 09-22-2006, 06:03 PM
jhuanger629 will become famous soon enough
amazing looking car! if it's still around in a few months, i'll definitely be in contact!

Old 09-22-2006, 10:54 PM
notquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud of
I too, am very interested, but I'm still dealing with the M3 selling... if the car is still for sale when the M3 goes, then I'll give you a call = ) best wishes on the sale.

Old 09-23-2006, 01:38 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
good luck my friend.. but I told you so... the dealer had a hook they revealed at a later date and u lost 2 months of resale value...
I really hope someone gets ur car cause now thats a great deal...
good luck,
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-23-2006, 02:03 AM
cmalana is an unknown quantity at this point
Great price for a clean car!

Old 09-23-2006, 12:41 PM
tthoang1 is on a distinguished road
That is a crazy price for an '02, given the mileage. GL with the sale.

Old 09-23-2006, 12:59 PM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
so why don't u buy the stock ECU for sale posted yesterday $700.. then replace ur ECU and sell to that other guy for $73.5k ??

Old 09-23-2006, 02:07 PM
I am glad I am not the only one who thinks the car is a steal at 72k. I really do think I could get 75k if I hold out but then run the risk of not selling it before winter. Anyways I am not in the business to make money on cars so I would rather just get rid of it. In my opinion, if the PSS9 suspension or stereo system hold any value to the buyer, then you are getting car for just under wholesale.

Old 09-23-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by KJM3SMG
so why don't u buy the stock ECU for sale posted yesterday $700.. then replace ur ECU and sell to that other guy for $73.5k ??
Yes, I could have easily done that but keep in mind the porsche dealer would also charge a few hours of labor and I dont have the time either. Even if I did make another 1k, I am not in the business to profit on porsches just pleasure . . .

Old 09-23-2006, 02:17 PM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
it's not about making profit, it's getting the car sold. You said you had a buyer at $73.5k who's only problem was the tuned ECU. So give him the stock ECU or pay the charge at Porsche to switch it, then you're done, car sold, at near the price you are selling now. Always take the sure sale right?

Old 09-23-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by KJM3SMG
it's not about making profit, it's getting the car sold. You said you had a buyer at $73.5k who's only problem was the tuned ECU. So give him the stock ECU or pay the charge at Porsche to switch it, then you're done, car sold, at near the price you are selling now. Always take the sure sale right?
Yes, but returning the chip to stock was not the whole problem. He was concerned that the car could not be certified and this was enough of a hassle to say no. This specific individual has actually posted on this thread so maybe you should ask him.

Old 09-23-2006, 04:42 PM
cmalana is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll chime in since I was requested to do so

I passed on this car because of several reasons (nothing is ever that simple). The main reason is that I had a strong preference for an x50 car if I could find one, and if I couldn't, I would go for an non-x50 car if it had some mods that I would find appealing. With the low miles on the car, and the PSS9 and SSK, I thought that the price was right.

However, I was not comfortable with the idea of a hardwired ECU upgrade (I would prefer the GIAC-based ones) so I was trying to decide whether that would be a big deal, especially if I wanted to get an aftermarket warranty.

To end my debate on this particular car, an 02 x50 car became available (which was my first choice anyway) and I made an offer that was also accepted. However, that particular car's PPI concerned me so I declined it based on those results.

I kept on searching and I have now ended up with another 02 x50. If I was looking at a non-x50 car, I would consider this one near the top of the list. By the way, I didn't factor in the stereo system since I don't really appreciate that stuff on a car (I'd pay more for suspension, wheels, or body mods like techart spoilers, etc. but I wouldn't give a premium for a good stereo system). Someone who is into stereos may give a premium for that and make it an even better deal.

Bottomline, purchasing a used car with mods is always an individual choice. I'm quite happy with where I ended up and would be even happier once the car is finally delivered!

Last edited by cmalana; 09-23-2006 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:54 PM
Carlo,

Thanks for the response and let me know if the car does not work out as you seemed to have some interest.

KJM, hope that answers your question.

Old 09-23-2006, 05:04 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Insane deal.

All the best.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS: 02 996tt chicago 10k miles wholesale