Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

A3076 vs. A28 vs. K16G vs. K24 Dyno Overlay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 10:51 PM
layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnspeed
I don't think its a minority with straight line guys and guys that want more power on the street on this forum..
I have noticed there are more 'bench racers' in the wannabe road racer crowd from seeing that in the PCA meetings and talk on the forums .. Talking and doing is to different things.. As proving yourself is also.
Anyone can buy road racing equipment for there car and talk but never bring their car to a competitive race that matters or has them use their car like they brag about.. But they can talk like they did to guys who do not know better..
I really do not see not to much proof of competitive road racing or lap times being bragged about on here as we see straight line achievements??
Just Saying...Maybe I am missing something ..LOL..
Don't worry John, there's gonna be some braggin about straight line

acceleration right around the corner

btw, when are you pullin the trigger on those 3071s?

and have you looked into the 3073s?

methinks I know somebody whos got 'em

Old 05-23-2013, 12:00 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by layinback
Don't worry John, there's gonna be some braggin about straight line

acceleration right around the corner

btw, when are you pullin the trigger on those 3071s?

and have you looked into the 3073s?

methinks I know somebody whos got 'em
I know nothing about the 3073s.
I don't believe they would spool quicker then a 3071?
You already can make enough power that the stock block can not handle with the 3071s and probably can not make more power with them over 3071s on 93 pump gas??
So I don't think they would be any advantage for me?
But I don't know the details on them..
I am really happy with my K24/18g set-up but when it gets warm outside and I go on this site ,,I get the bug to pull the plug on them..LOL

Old 05-23-2013, 02:28 AM
layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnspeed
I know nothing about the 3073s.
I don't believe they would spool quicker then a 3071?
You already can make enough power that the stock block can not handle with the 3071s and probably can not make more power with them over 3071s on 93 pump gas??
So I don't think they would be any advantage for me?
But I don't know the details on them..
I am really happy with my K24/18g set-up but when it gets warm outside and I go on this site ,,I get the bug to pull the plug on them..LOL
Ask Sambo about the 73s. He has some interesting feedback and time slips

from a customer down south America. Gregg at Tial has some info on them

as well.

There's no appreciable difference in spool from a 71 to a 73 and it's a

very good value considering the minimal price difference vs. the gain

Old 05-23-2013, 02:32 AM
Btw, the data that Sambo has is on 93 pump and it's damn impressive.

No way you could do that on 71s.

Wouldn't hurt to look into it....

Old 05-23-2013, 02:59 AM
Originally Posted by GT996
Hi Paulie,

of course not. We did not calculate the loss. It get's measured on the dyno: drag losses vs the measured rwhp.

Different dynos show different results that need to be interpretated. 12% losses would mean 84 HP for a 700 HP car. That figure is totally off.

I personally don't like the reverse calculation at all and am pretty happy with rwhp. That's all that matters.

But the assumptions on what the losses would be are way off to my taste and a % value is not what I would consider being a valid approach. At least not for all involved components.

Andreas
A fixed percentage is erroneous. You can't give a static value for driveline

loss on an inertia dyno. These percentages, especially the big ones, were

a creation of tuners. Porsche drivetrains are amongst the most efficient

in the world. The awd inherently has more friction losses then the rwd

but neither are as high as popular opinion has them.

We have a half dozen shops in Birmingham with ex NASCAR guys. Several

engine dynos and those guys are quick to tell you that a chassis dyno

is good for tuning and nothing else. They'll also tell you that big drivetrain

losses are the stories of performance shops and tuners lol.

Turbocharged is even more iffy. You can't use SAE correction and more

then not, you can't get the fans to mimic 130 mph.

I like to do it to see the gains from build to build and I like to calculate

double digit drivetrain loss to make me feel better but I know the deal lol.

Old 05-23-2013, 04:34 AM
GT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond repute
I like to do it to see the gains from build to build and I like to calculate
double digit drivetrain loss to make me feel better but I know the deal lol.
If you want to have a really happy day, tap on the brakes when the dyno is in the drivetrain losses measurement phase and see the crazy engine HP that the dyno will spit out

Not saying any tuner would ever do this, but this is the easiest way to find some extra 100 HP ...

Old 05-23-2013, 04:52 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT996
If you want to have a really happy day, tap on the brakes when the dyno is in the drivetrain losses measurement phase and see the crazy engine HP that the dyno will spit out

Not saying any tuner would ever do this, but this is the easiest way to find some extra 100 HP ...
You better have 2 or 3 sets of straps holding it down...That would shoot your car off the dyno like a rocket...

Old 05-23-2013, 06:23 AM
GT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ttboost
You better have 2 or 3 sets of straps holding it down...That would shoot your car off the dyno like a rocket...
Well, I did not mean to emergency break with both feet on the pedal The car is strapped down securely anyways. Just a slight breaking will do it.

BTW: strap it down harder and it will have more losses as well.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:44 AM
evil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Tim941NYC
Layinback, You run your keys all the time not know a damn thing about the history of the people you attack. Try biting your lip, the guy you think you superior too has been there and done that. Tuning? it right or is wrong.. there is NO MAGIC.. Some software works better then others but if your afr is what it should be and your timing is the same then thats all a tune will do. The magic is in the engine. The parts how things flow as a unit. You hang your hat on a record for A28's I say why use a A28 when a A30 does so much more.... Oh wait A28 is the cut off where you really need a fuel system and other hard learned items that most dont talk about. I know one thing for sure. Guys who cant make power rip the weight out of the car, Honda style.
Tim, shame on you for biting. The idea of building an engine with improved VE is crazy!! You better stick to "bolt on's".

Clearly the mods you have made to your engine would be no good on a road course

Old 05-23-2013, 08:25 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
tell us about magic markski 3073s

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 05-23-2013, 10:00 AM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prodigymb
How did "magic" markski get roped into this? I thought Sambo was pushing the 3073's?

Old 05-23-2013, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by prodigymb
I don't know anything 'bout "magic markski" but I could tell you a thing or

two about magic mushrooms circa 1978 - 1981

After researching builds, I noticed a definite pattern of reliability

issues with setups producing more then 800 - 850 whp.

Some are more reliable then others but overall, like all cars, the 996TT

reaches a "critical mass" of performance and going beyond that, doesn't

lend itself to daily drivability. Not to say that all of this can't be figured

but at some point we gotta look at "cost vs. benefit"

The 3073s work based on these observations. With some gearing and

weight reduction, I think it's gonna be pretty good.

By the way, Markskis not involved with this build.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:03 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
After researching builds, I noticed a definite pattern of reliability

issues with setups producing more then 800 - 850 whp.

Some are more reliable then others but overall, like all cars, the 996TT

reaches a "critical mass" of performance and going beyond that, doesn't

lend itself to daily drivability. Not to say that all of this can't be figured

but at some point we gotta look at "cost vs. benefit"
isn't that 600? give or take.. though folks with more power will always tell you differently? i mean issues always crop up, whether it's blown mafs from raised rev limiters ( though johnspd in here has never had that happen lol ( beat ya to it john! ).. but then there's mafless tunes, and then you're into other stuff, so at what point does one "call it a day" with a balance of power vs daily driveability? do 800+ hp tt's drive well in traffic and stop/go whatever? as they do on a track? dumb questions perhaps.. but i've always wondered.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:13 PM
Giorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond reputeGiorgos Cayman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by '02996ttx50
isn't that 600? give or take.. though folks with more power will always tell you differently? i mean issues always crop up, whether it's blown mafs from raised rev limiters ( though johnspd in here has never had that happen lol ( beat ya to it john! ).. but then there's mafless tunes, and then you're into other stuff, so at what point does one "call it a day" with a balance of power vs daily driveability? do 800+ hp tt's drive well in traffic and stop/go whatever? as they do on a track? dumb questions perhaps.. but i've always wondered.
I have a mafless tune by Protomotive and HTA3076.My car runs like OEM.The only problem is the extra loud 3' exhaust
I m very happy with my setup, I m waiting the second file from Todd to turn the boost up.Right now I have only 0,9bar.

Old 05-23-2013, 04:04 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Giorgos Cayman
I have a mafless tune by Protomotive and HTA3076.

]
i had spoken with them about that recently. haven't done anything about it.. since there's nothing "wrong" with the tune i have now. it's just old. but just bailing on the maf might well be worth the price of a new tune.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A3076 vs. A28 vs. K16G vs. K24 Dyno Overlay