Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

A3076 vs. A28 vs. K16G vs. K24 Dyno Overlay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 05:03 PM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by layinback
2. Is your Porsche a full scale Porsche or a 1/24 scale?
hilar ious

Old 05-24-2013, 05:07 PM
evil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud of
Dr. Evil, I had some suspicions up till this point but after reading this post........

1. How old are you?

2. Is your Porsche a full scale Porsche or a 1/24 scale?

3. Are you a "real" Evil Doctor or did you get your evil medical

license from an unaccredited internet source. Maybe Evlimd.com?
Hmm, can't answer the question so, cast insults. Real mature.

Old 05-24-2013, 05:11 PM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by evil 996tt
Forget it dude.. you don't get it and you never will. You don't read very well. I said a piston and sleeve like you bought is a "bolt on" TO ME, NOT the general population. I don't pay people to turn wrenches so everything is a bolt on TO ME.

Regarding the tuning, keep talking in circles. First you say that all the tuners in the world out tune Porsche, then you stated that you never said you can tune better than Porsche.. Let me help you out, you better hope you can tune better than Porsche or you will have a very difficult car to drive my friend. That is of course if you can keep it together.

[B]
Changing the fuel type/delivery is the epitome of influencing volumetric efficiency.
Oxygen is only one component of VE. The rate and percentage of thermal energy
( fuel) converted to mechanical energy is integral to the VE.
[/B]

This is news to me. Can you explain this further? Please explain how this happens.

Also, me being defensive? why? this is the internet, I can care less what you do. I don't even know you BUT I sure know VE and it is NOT what you describe.

Volumetric efficiency is affected by the following fuel, engine design, and engine operating variables:

1.Fuel type, fuel/air ratio, fraction of fuel vaporized in the intake system, and fuel heat of vaporization
2.Mixture temperature uninfluenced by heat transfer
3. Ratio of exhaust to inlet manifold pressures
4. Compression ratio
5. Engine speed
6. Intake and exhaust manifold end port design
7. Intake and exhaust valve geometry, size, lift, and timings

http://howautowork.com/part_1/ch_2/V...ciency_10.html

Old 05-24-2013, 05:29 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
Dr. Evil is reportedly color blind. Legend has it, he was fishing for piranha

in the Guyana's and a local voodoo shaman gave him an ancient curse

that left him color blind and devoid of logic.

The pink text is an inside slight relative to the aforementioned story.

I can't speak to the accuracy of the story but then again, he made no

mention of the pink text and he is quite clearly completely illogical.
umm..ok

so.... 71/73's are the *new* hybrids, huh? why do i think my car will already pull 0-100 in 6 seconds. must be a time zone internet thing

Old 05-24-2013, 05:51 PM
layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by '02996ttx50
umm..ok

so.... 71/73's are the *new* hybrids, huh? why do i think my car will already pull 0-100 in 6 seconds. must be a time zone internet thing
Mark, you better be able to pull off a 0-100 in 6 seconds!

That's the power band of those little turbos. Probably not a much

better turbo setup in the world for what you do.

If you were gettin all competitive on the track, maybe the a28s.

I got a 5.8 0-100 with the alpha28s and literally a half second of

that was wheel spin shifting 2nd to 3rd.

Old 05-24-2013, 05:55 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
that's better, man. whew. i was gonna buy ya a drink, but then we'd all be worryin about ya LOL. truth be told. all this straight line trap talk ( and vids ) is making me wish i could run against...

chevy nova's !? w t F!? lol. all good

ps.. 6 sec's uphill, i meant HA

Old 05-24-2013, 06:00 PM
evil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud ofevil 996tt has much to be proud of
http://websters-online-dictionary.or...ency#Wikipedia

Volumetric efficiency in internal combustion engine design refers to the efficiency with which the engine can move the charge into and out of the cylinders. More correctly, volumetric efficiency is a ratio (or percentage) of what volume of fuel and air actually enters the cylinder during induction to the actual capacity of the cylinder under static conditions. Therefore, those engines that can create higher induction manifold pressures - above ambient - will have efficiencies greater than 100%. Volumetric efficiencies can be improved in a number of ways, but most notably the size of the valve openings compared to the volume of the cylinder and streamlining the ports. Engines with higher volumetric efficiency will generally be able to run at higher RPM and produce more overall power due to less parasitic power loss moving air in and out of the engine.

There are several standard ways to improve volumetric efficiency. A common approach for manufacturers is to use a larger valves or multiple valves. Larger valves increase flow but weigh more. Multi-valve engines combine two or more smaller valves with areas greater than a single, large valve while having less weight. Carefully streamlining the ports increases flow capability. This is referred to as Porting and is done with the aid of an air flow bench for testing.

Today, automobile engines typically have four valves per cylinder. Many high performance cars in the 1970s used carefully arranged air intakes and "tuned" exhaust systems to "push" air into and out of the cylinders, making use of the resonance of the system. Two-stroke engines take this concept even further with expansion chambers that returns the escaping air-fuel mixture back to the cylinder. A more modern technique, variable valve timing, attempts to address changes in volumetric efficiency with changes in RPM of the engine: at higher RPM the engine needs the valves open for a greater percentage of the cycle time to move the charge in and out of the engine.

Volumetric efficiencies above 100% can be reached by using forced induction such as supercharging or turbocharging.

More "radical" solutions include the sleeve valve design, in which the valves are replaced outright with a rotating sleeve around the piston, or alternately a rotating sleeve under the cylinder head. In this system the ports can be as large as necessary, up to that of the entire cylinder wall. However there is a practical upper limit due to the strength of the sleeve, at larger sizes the pressure inside the cylinder can "pop" the sleeve if the port is too large.

Volumetric Efficiency is frequently abbreviated as "VE" when discussing engine efficiency.

I suggest you(or anyone) read a copy of Sir Harry Ricardo's book on high speed internal combustion engines..

Old 05-24-2013, 06:02 PM
layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mcoupe mus
New build sounds promising.

Any reason why your not going for a bigger turbo?

As everything is getting built, it just seems a waste to not utilize the built block for a bigger turbo.

Spool wise you can negate lag with anti lag and driving stye anyhow.

Depends what records your going after though I guess?...
Those are good questions and observations!

3076s on the dyno and 3076s on the street are 2 different things.

The 3073s offer plenty of power ( 780-830 whp ) and my car will

be very light. We are also addressing the gearing.

Our goal is a well rounded daily driver. We're trying to achieve balance.

I don't want a monster horsepower setup that's relegated to interstate

pulls. There's nothing wrong with that if that's what you want.

And yep, lag will be minimal.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:11 PM
We are also addressing the gearing.

Our goal is a well rounded daily driver. We're trying to achieve balance.
what about lsd? ( not yer freakin mushrooms again lol ) and taller gears.. 1st? what else are you doing? better keep the triple cone synchros or re-learn double clutching

Old 05-24-2013, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by evil 996tt
http://websters-online-dictionary.or...ency#Wikipedia

Volumetric efficiency in internal combustion engine design refers to the efficiency with which the engine can move the charge into and out of the cylinders. More correctly, volumetric efficiency is a ratio (or percentage) of what volume of fuel and air actually enters the cylinder during induction to the actual capacity of the cylinder under static conditions. Therefore, those engines that can create higher induction manifold pressures - above ambient - will have efficiencies greater than 100%. Volumetric efficiencies can be improved in a number of ways, but most notably the size of the valve openings compared to the volume of the cylinder and streamlining the ports. Engines with higher volumetric efficiency will generally be able to run at higher RPM and produce more overall power due to less parasitic power loss moving air in and out of the engine.

There are several standard ways to improve volumetric efficiency. A common approach for manufacturers is to use a larger valves or multiple valves. Larger valves increase flow but weigh more. Multi-valve engines combine two or more smaller valves with areas greater than a single, large valve while having less weight. Carefully streamlining the ports increases flow capability. This is referred to as Porting and is done with the aid of an air flow bench for testing.

Today, automobile engines typically have four valves per cylinder. Many high performance cars in the 1970s used carefully arranged air intakes and "tuned" exhaust systems to "push" air into and out of the cylinders, making use of the resonance of the system. Two-stroke engines take this concept even further with expansion chambers that returns the escaping air-fuel mixture back to the cylinder. A more modern technique, variable valve timing, attempts to address changes in volumetric efficiency with changes in RPM of the engine: at higher RPM the engine needs the valves open for a greater percentage of the cycle time to move the charge in and out of the engine.

Volumetric efficiencies above 100% can be reached by using forced induction such as supercharging or turbocharging.

More "radical" solutions include the sleeve valve design, in which the valves are replaced outright with a rotating sleeve around the piston, or alternately a rotating sleeve under the cylinder head. In this system the ports can be as large as necessary, up to that of the entire cylinder wall. However there is a practical upper limit due to the strength of the sleeve, at larger sizes the pressure inside the cylinder can "pop" the sleeve if the port is too large.

Volumetric Efficiency is frequently abbreviated as "VE" when discussing engine efficiency.

I suggest you(or anyone) read a copy of Sir Harry Ricardo's book on high speed internal combustion engines..

Sir Harry Ricardo is a known horse thief and traveling charlatan.

He sold my brother in law a trunk full of " Sir Harry's Gout tonic and

and impotence elixir." Needless to say, my brother in law still suffers

the gout and to this day he's tryin to shoot pool with a rope.

I find it very suspect that Sir Harry Ricardo is now involved in the

motorcar industry.

I personally don't trust him or his brother Ricky.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:13 PM
what about lsd? ( not yer freakin mushrooms again lol ) and taller gears.. 1st? what else are you doing? better keep the triple cone synchros or re-learn double clutching
I'll pm you with the final determination next week.

We're consulting with some gents in the know.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:29 PM
I just ran across the photo of Sir Harry Ricardo.....

with his trademark handlebar mustache on his forehead.

and his ne'er do well brother, Ricky.

Jeez, has this guy ever made an honest dollar in his life?

Attached Images   

Last edited by layinback; 05-24-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:55 PM
I just ran across the photo of Sir Harry Ricardo.....

with his trademark handlebar mustache on his forehead.

and his ne'er do well brother, Ricky.

Jeez, has this guy ever made an honest dollar in his life?
you're outa control bro.. LOL. pace yourself. we're here all weekend. gonna be a long one.. looks like.

60/40 lsd gotta have it. steel gears 3/5? lol. yeah. enquiring minds wanna know

Old 05-24-2013, 07:11 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
All this talk of how these 3073s are such a great new find..
WOW,, Hard to believe that not any tuners have brought them to light or any one for that matter to prove they work better then 3071s on the street.. Lol..

Old 05-24-2013, 07:14 PM
you're outa control bro.. LOL. pace yourself. we're here all weekend. gonna be a long one.. looks like.

60/40 lsd gotta have it. steel gears 3/5? lol. yeah. enquiring minds wanna know
1-3 already steel? I forget. 1-2 def steel stock.

There's an infinite choice of gearing. We wanna

nail it the first time. The 04 - 05 gt3 trans (G96)

would be perfect plug and play for your setup.

Not so much for 800+ hp.

You have to do rwd conversion on the gt3 trans.

We're gathering info on what would work best

relative to estimated power levels.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A3076 vs. A28 vs. K16G vs. K24 Dyno Overlay