Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

FOR SALE - HRE WHEELS for PORSCHE 911 996 997 TURBO GT3, C4S, WIDE BODY CARS & OTHERS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 03:02 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
FOR SALE - HRE WHEELS for PORSCHE 911 996 997 TURBO GT3, C4S, WIDE BODY CARS & OTHERS

I'm selling the HRE wheels from my 996 Turbo since I've sold the car. They're the 303 model, size 19", with a polished silver finish. The lip is roughly 1.5" front and 3" rear, and the wheels are 3 piece forged aluminum. They retailed for at least $1400 front and $1800 rear ($6400 total, maybe closer to $7000? - I can't exactly remember) when I bought them 5 years ago. They're a direct fit for all 996 and 997 wide body cars including the Turbo, Turbo S, GT2, C4S, C2S, GT3 and others with standard suspension, Sport suspension, and coilovers (though you should check with HRE if you have suspension mods to verify fitment). I believe they can also fit a 993 or 991 wide body car, but again check with HRE.

They're typical HRE quality i.e. super high strength to weight ratio and darn near impossible to bend. I'm assuming if you're looking at this you're familiar with HRE, but if you're not, they make the highest quality wheels on the market and directly compete with BBS.

Click me to go to the HRE website where you can read all about them.

The wheels have no structural problems such as dents, and have never been repaired for any reason.
They could use a refinish due to the clear coat in the area of the lug nuts peeling, though from anything more than a dozen feet away you probably can't see it. The peeling is just simply due to age plus wheel/tire shops and the dealership service guys not being careful enough. I'm willing to have them refinished to your specs if you give me a deposit. I personally think they would look best with a matte charcoal gray finish (or something similar, there's a million different shades) on the centers and leave the polished lips, which are in excellent shape other than needing a cleaning and polish due to brake dust. If you click on the link to the HRE website, they have a huge list of colors you can look at. Refinishing by HRE will run about $600 front and $700 rear, which includes a 2 year warranty on the finish. I can also have them powder coated or painted at wheel refinishers in the Boston area. The powder coating will run you roughly the same price as HRE doing them, but having them painted will only run you roughly $300 front and $400 rear.

The wheels have OEM color Porsche crest center caps that have a matching high gloss finish that will be included with the wheels for free.

The wheels have tires on them, but they're worn and I'd only leave them on to ship the wheels and protect them if you choose not to have them refinished. If you have me handle the refinishing, I'll have the wheel shop pack them and ship insured, which will run about $50 each / $200 total.

Here are some pictures of the wheels on my car. I can text or email you high resolution pics of each wheel if you're interested in buying.

As I said in the description, you can't see the peeling clear coat unless you're up close...

From HRE website just for reference.

Last edited by teflon_jones; 09-22-2017 at 03:07 AM.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:05 PM
mate1974 will become famous soon enough
If they are free I'll take them...

...otherwise I think you forgot the most important part. The price.

Old 09-22-2017, 05:56 PM
Duckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud of
996 and 997's have different offsets.

They work better going one way than the other.

Any idea what the widths and offsets are?

I have a friend wanting them for his car right now.

Old 09-23-2017, 02:40 PM
25ktrading is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Duckstu
996 and 997's have different offsets.

They work better going one way than the other.

Any idea what the widths and offsets are?

I have a friend wanting them for his car right now.
997 wheels on a 996 don't stick out far enough to look good do they?

Old 09-23-2017, 03:15 PM
Duckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud ofDuckstu has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 25ktrading
997 wheels on a 996 don't stick out far enough to look good do they?

I believe 996 turbos have 50mm front and 45mm rear.

997 Turbos have 56mm front and 51mm rear stock.

So they're close. 997 wheels will just sit 5mm more flush on a 996.

But aftermarket wheels are often designed to sit 10mm further out.

So if these wheels were ordered for a 996 with 10mm less offset than stock, and you try to run them on 997,.. you "might" have a fender rub issue..

Diameter, width and offset are things you want to check.

Old 09-23-2017, 04:42 PM
mate1974 will become famous soon enough
How much? I thought it is against forum rules to not list an asking price? Damn, I bump something 6 days 23 hours and 59 minutes and the moderator is all over it. No price and nothing. Price of wheels please?

Old 09-24-2017, 04:17 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
PRICE - $2,000 OBO shipped (and plus refinishing if you choose that)

Originally Posted by Omid Steve Khani
...otherwise I think you forgot the most important part. The price.
Ha I can't believe I missed that! I was focusing on the details of the wheels and refinishing them too much!

I can't edit the original post for some reason, so if a moderator sees this please add $2000 shipped to the title and/or at the beginning of the body of the original message. I think this is a steal for these wheels considering just one rear wheel goes for almost this much, but I just want to move them and get some cash in my pocket. They're doing me no good sitting in my garage!

I'll get the offset later today and add it to this thread. FYI, FWIW, the wheels came off a 997 Turbo with zero or minimal suspension changes and no fender rolling, and sat slightly further out in the wheel wells on my 996 Turbo which had only H&R sway bars and no other suspension changes or fender rolling. If you look at the second photo, that shows really well how they'll fit a 996 wide body car, and the difference on a 997 wide body is very small so they'll look very close to that. You can get some 5 mm spacers for your 997 if you want them to look exactly the same as the photos, which will work fine with your existing wheel bolts too. But as I said please check back for the offset later today just to confirm this.

Last edited by teflon_jones; 09-24-2017 at 04:29 AM.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:08 AM
Offset info

Hi all,
​​​​​​ Sorry for the delay in responding, but I found HRE wheels don't have an offset stamped on them. They are individually designed for the specific model they are ordered for, in this case a 996 or 997 widebody. They will fit both, though you may want spacers to make them sit exactly where you want. The photos I posted are without spacers.

If you would like to better understand size/offset, I'd encourage you to call HRE directly. They were very helpful when I called them to try and get the exact number of the offsets.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:39 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by teflon_jones
Hi all,
​​​​​​ Sorry for the delay in responding, but I found HRE wheels don't have an offset stamped on them. They are individually designed for the specific model they are ordered for, in this case a 996 or 997 widebody. They will fit both, though you may want spacers to make them sit exactly where you want. The photos I posted are without spacers.

If you would like to better understand size/offset, I'd encourage you to call HRE directly. They were very helpful when I called them to try and get the exact number of the offsets.
The HRE's should have the offsets stamped on them. At the very least they will have the order number engraved and with that number you can call HRE to have them provide you with the specs.

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by WheelB
The HRE's should have the offsets stamped on them. At the very least they will have the order number engraved and with that number you can call HRE to have them provide you with the specs.
I have no idea why I can't find them but I've been talking to HRE and they said to send them the ID numbers but I'm having trouble finding those either! Regardless, for now, if you want them for any wide body 996, I know they fit perfectly. I'd really like to get them gone since I have another project car I need the cash for. So make me an offer!

Old 10-17-2017, 11:38 PM
whoadude is on a distinguished road
Sorry to burst your bubble but those are definitely NOT HRE 303 classics.

Old 10-23-2017, 11:09 AM
CookieTran is an unknown quantity at this point
Hre 543r

Old 11-01-2017, 06:00 AM
Bump still for sale and looking to get these out of my garage!

Originally Posted by CookieTran
Hre 543r
Well burst my bubble and call me Sally! I missed the difference when I looked on their website. At least the previous posters didn't notice the difference either just like me!
​​​​​​

Old 11-02-2017, 04:54 PM
markiemark is on a distinguished road
So these definitely won't fit a 996 non turbo? Sorry, new to the car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.