Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Got to take a spin in a Bentley GT Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 06:21 AM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Got to take a spin in a Bentley GT Coupe

Nice car. This one will be worth considering when I make my next purchase. Maybe I can persuade the wife in letting me trade the 04 996 NA for it one day. The down side is that it looks like a Crossfire from the back. The front and side, though, is all Bentley.

Old 06-03-2004, 06:48 AM
mono2100 will become famous soon enough
What was the dealer's asking price? im interested but I think I'll wait for the convertible, I recently paid a visit to a local dealer and after seeing it in person I wait listed immediately (the coupe not conv.) I would say the rear is a mix between the 6-series BMW and a crossfire

Old 06-03-2004, 06:53 AM
turbo_freak is on a distinguished road
wow, couldnt' they lower the suspension at least for the pics??
looks like a Bentley All-Road

Old 06-03-2004, 08:12 AM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by turbo_freak
wow, couldnt' they lower the suspension at least for the pics??
looks like a Bentley All-Road

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 06-03-2004, 09:03 AM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
i was offered 2 at window 2 months ago, but the rear seat is useless. no reason to pay over, ignore the hype. probaly be under soon like everything else 150+; so many cars, same number of buyers

Old 06-03-2004, 09:27 AM
Andrew708
i actually can't wait for mine..my dealer has a few of them,and i test drove it..all i can say is wow!!!! I AM GETTING IT IN AUG,AND IT WILL BE A 05' CANT WAIT

Old 06-03-2004, 09:30 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Andy get another TT - that bentley is one of the ugliest cars I have ever seen Don't waste your money bro

Old 06-03-2004, 10:25 AM
JK996TT is on a distinguished road
Sorry, but it is overweight and FUGLY!

Old 06-03-2004, 10:28 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
i test drove one too. thought it was pretty ugly and felt really big. It's super quiet inside and the driver is totally disconnected from the road. seemed like a car that does everything decently and nothing well.

-Steve

Old 06-03-2004, 10:39 AM
ColorChange is on a distinguished road
Sorry, me no likey!

Old 06-03-2004, 11:21 AM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Friend's car. I didn't ask the price because he didn't offer the price. He also don't ask what I pay for mine and etc.

This car is very sweet and drives like a Bentley, but has got serious *****. Screw things like dime a dozen M5s and AMGs, this thing is very cool and certainly something you won't see coming or going. I have driven 55s at work and a 645 (blah), and this thing is in a different league as a total package.

His car was black and it sat much lower than the car above. Maybe he had a wheel option or a suspnesion option. Really didn't get to much into it.

You gotta drive on of these to truly apreciate it. Its kind of like the Cayenne. People think they suck until they plop down into the drivers seat and then most are hooked.

You feel like a king in this thing with plenty of performance vailable at the pedal.

Oh yeah, it looks MUCH better in person. Those pictures above don't begin to do justic of the car compared to what it looks like in person and the interior is sweet.

Last edited by Doug H; 06-03-2004 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:36 PM
JayM is on a distinguished road
I'm scheduled to test drive one next week (Tuesday)-looking forward to it. I love the looks, but to each his own. The ride height has several inches of driver-selectable adjustment, although why you would want it as high as in the picture is beyond me. And the rear seat is not that bad for people my size. I am 6 feet tall, and first adjusted the driver's seat to a comfortable position, then got into the rear seat behind the driver, and the leg room was not great but my knees weren't under my chin either. I could ride back there to go to dinner or a movie in San Francisco (30-60 minutes away), but not if it was in LA . My issue would be rear headroom, as i could feel my hair contacting the headliner. Bigger people will have more of a problem.

And I agree with Watt-no reason to pay up.

Old 06-03-2004, 01:50 PM
Banned
StephenTi is on a distinguished road
Cousins?

Old 06-03-2004, 02:11 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is on a distinguished road
Its really ugly! My gf's dad placed an order and he cancelled it.

Old 06-03-2004, 02:24 PM
JayM is on a distinguished road
seemed like a car that does everything decently and nothing well.
Maybe it is just me, but I think having the ability to be 3 miles away in a minute is doing at least one thing pretty well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got to take a spin in a Bentley GT Coupe