Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley CGT owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 08:43 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Bentley CGT owners

are these car reliable. I was told by the dealership, buy the car drive it for a few years and sell it before the warranty runs out. Can anyone elaborate on this who has owned one.

thanks!
Raja

Old 02-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
are these car reliable. I was told by the dealership, buy the car drive it for a few years and sell it before the warranty runs out. Can anyone elaborate on this who has owned one.

thanks!
Raja
It's certainly a scary proposition, and maybe that's why so many are for sale and with low mileage.

I have tried asking the same question about the SPUR, but since the cars are so new there are no actual answers.

I'd like to make the plunge as well, but the newness is of concern. I read on another site where an Arnage owner paid $9K out-of-pocket for his share of to replace a head gasket! Don't know the entire situation, however.

It certainly is an interesting area about which more positive information would be very valuable.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:20 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
9K for headgasket. please cut off my right nut for an oil change then. lol.

anyone? the c gt prices are really getting hit and was wondering if picking up one is a viable option or it's just show and no go car.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:41 AM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
9K for headgasket. please cut off my right nut for an oil change then. lol.
That would be both thank you very much!

---anyone? the c gt prices are really getting hit and was wondering if picking up one is a viable option or it's just show and no go car.
This is exactly what I am trying to figure out.

I believe the 05's suffered some electrical problems but have not heard of the same on later years.

But again the car is still too new to know it's longevity history at least as far as I am concerned.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:52 PM
ShawnWalters is on a distinguished road
Why not just buy a Certified extended warranty on one?

Old 02-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by ShawnWalters
Why not just buy a Certified extended warranty on one?
The concept is a good one, but I have personally found that there are more negatives than positives to extended warranties, and what then actually gets covered?

Remember that 40%+ of the warranty cost goes into the dealer's pocket and that commission amount is shared with the sales person!

How much then is actually left to cover the intended warranty costs?

In 2001, Circuit City sold $441 million of warranties! It was more profitable then all the equipment they sold.

Therefore, what then?

Old 02-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by Gcalo
The concept is a good one, but I have personally found that there are more negatives than positives to extended warranties, and what then actually gets covered?

Remember that 40%+ of the warranty cost goes into the dealer's pocket and that commission amount is shared with the sales person!

How much then is actually left to cover the intended warranty costs?

In 2001, Circuit City sold $441 million of warranties! It was more profitable then all the equipment they sold.

Therefore, what then?
I didnt buy one on mine cause it's an 07, but from what I was told, it is not a typical extended warranty. It's an extension of the exact same manufacturer warranty. Ie, no loopholes, no deductibles, etc. Which is also why it's only available for purchase while the original manufacturers warranty is still in effect. No idea if that's the truth, just what I understood it to be.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:09 PM
I didnt buy one on mine cause it's an 07, but from what I was told, it is not a typical extended warranty. It's an extension of the exact same manufacturer warranty. Ie, no loopholes, no deductibles, etc. Which is also why it's only available for purchase while the original manufacturers warranty is still in effect. No idea if that's the truth, just what I understood it to be.
Interesting indeed.

Any idea what this warranty costs?

Old 02-04-2008, 10:12 PM
I remember at Bentley Downers Grove, it was $2500 I believe for a 1 year.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:34 PM
I remember at Bentley Downers Grove, it was $2500 I believe for a 1 year.
Have you any idea how far out that could be taken or was it a one year only offering?

Old 02-05-2008, 04:18 AM
mburnstein is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Gcalo
Have you any idea how far out that could be taken or was it a one year only offering?
buying a car from a bentley dealer as a CPO car usually means they will give you the first year coverage after original 3 year warranty expires. You can also buy two additional years, at time of purchase or at least within 30 days prior to expiration of original 3 year warranty.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by mburnstein
buying a car from a bentley dealer as a CPO car usually means they will give you the first year coverage after original 3 year warranty expires. You can also buy two additional years, at time of purchase or at least within 30 days prior to expiration of original 3 year warranty.
That's good to know, but much of what I am seeing is from non-Bentley dealers. Huge price differences.

How has yours been so far?

Old 02-05-2008, 10:38 AM
I don't think a non dealer can offer the CPO, only real dealers can. Otherwise it's just a run of the mill scam extended warranty. As for the CPO, 2 years was I think was $3900, so it goes down per year, the more you buy in advance.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:45 AM
mburnstein is on a distinguished road
The price was around $6600-$6900 for the two years. I think one year is $3900. So far great gas mileage----haven't driven it since I had it delivered on 12/10/07--still winter here in Michigan!!

Old 02-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by mburnstein
The price was around $6600-$6900 for the two years. I think one year is $3900. So far great gas mileage----haven't driven it since I had it delivered on 12/10/07--still winter here in Michigan!!
You're probably right!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bentley CGT owners