Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

my new daily driver

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 10:44 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
In my humble opinion the HRE's aren't custom enough to the car....and yeah maybe its my nationality but I like chrome. And something about having paint matched wheels with chrome that exactly match the car. The car has alot more chrome than most cars from the factory on the exterior.

There is no brushed aluminum on the exterior of the car, ok what about this one?

Attached Images   
Old 03-03-2009, 11:22 PM
NMT
Former Vendor
NMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by blitzo
hre seems to be the forum favorite. ;-)

24s heh seem a little too much for me.
Theres no reason for 24's...you decrease the sidewall and the ride quality goes to hell. I only set my customers up on 20's or 22's with a good drop. just check out ICE's ride!

Nick

Old 03-03-2009, 11:47 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I set my customers up for what they want

Old 03-04-2009, 12:30 AM
blitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by germeezy1
i do like forgiato too but you seem like a big forgiato fan or your brother is. i actually really like the asi invader kit on the cgt. but still not convinced on the 24s.

dont get me wrong, i love chrome but dont love it on the wheels. to me chrome wheels are too ghetto. the brush steel look is more refined. however, this is just my own opinion.

you are right about giving your customers whatever they ask for lol.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:34 AM
Nope I have Davinci's on mine, I am a big fan of color matched and chrome wheels though. The pics do not do the car justice truly, we had a friend following us in his amazing Gallardo and no one even noticed him!

Old 03-04-2009, 12:35 AM
Look at the black car with the 22's and look how it looks at stock height, you really have to lower it on 22's to look good.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:41 AM
blitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to behold
can you show us a pic of yours with the davincis on it? do you have 24s too?

ya color match is great.

ya for sure, you need to drop the car to fit the 22s.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:37 AM
I don't have a Bentley, LOL...the one I posted is my brothers car. I have a Range Rover on 24 inch Da Vinci's color matched.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:10 PM
:-) nice, i like range rovers too, its a great suv.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:07 AM
NMT
Former Vendor
NMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by germeezy1
I set my customers up with the proper rolloff diameter so they dont screw up there $180,000 car

Old 03-05-2009, 12:17 AM
Well your costing yourself business then, I give my customers what they want. The shop that did this is very well known and they worked closely with Forgiato and measured the car to get everything correct. And how would the wheels screw the car up if done properly? They did tell him to go 22's but also accomodated him and found a way to do 24's.

I had the same stupid experience when I got my Range Rover, all these places telling me to go 22's. One even refused to accomodate my request to go 24's. I found a place to do it and they measured and contacted Da Vinci and measured the car in all three modes. So I get all these guys on 22's asking me about the car, guess what now there is a guy on 26's!

Old 03-05-2009, 12:25 AM
NMT
Former Vendor
And i wish you the best.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:27 AM
I understand where your coming from, nothing wrong with 22's and a lowering module.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:30 AM
youngbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant future
different folks,different strokes

I guess every dealer has different clientel.
So as there are plenty of people asking for 24s,there are at least as many people asking for 22s and smaller..
And those who tend to prefer the stock way are more likely to blame you for mounting wheels they wanted,but which where not safe from a technical pov.

So you are 2 different type of dealers...and both of you make profit the way you serve customers

Personally I do not like 24s on any cars other than SUVs
just as much as I don`t like 17s or 18s on cars other than racing cars or daily driver vehicles

Old 03-05-2009, 12:33 AM
To be honest the wheels the car came with are the only ones that are truly safe. Anytime you increase diameter, weight or change the profile of the tire it can potentially be a safety issue.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: my new daily driver