Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

What's covered by warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 03:17 PM
uaememories is on a distinguished road
arnage sunroof rust and paint peeling

Hi
I just bought a 2007 Arnage with the low miles from another city based on a full inspection report.. However it seems who checked the car did not do a good job.. when I got the car the paint seems peeling off because of the rust.. it reminds me of 1990s bmw 840 which were known to have issues with sunroof paint..

did anyone have this issue before.. I am disappointed , I would not except such issue from Bentley ... I tried to send a complain to Bentley through their website but it does not have any email.. only to contact if you are interested in buying a new car...

Usually paint would be covered by 10 years warranty

Old 01-09-2016, 07:47 PM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by unpollo2
everything is covered under original warranty except normal wear/tear items (brakes, tires, etc)

all services are paid for up till 30,000 miles, the next service at 40,000 is on you.

if you can get authorized Bentley extended warranty i would, it is basically an extension of the original warranty except they do not provide a rental car and they will not cover "cosmetic" problems, for example the leather seats might start to show wear... not covered, but if the heating element or electric motor or massager for the seats fails it is covered, even though it is not a core component of drivability for the car.

They do reserve the right to use refurbished parts in the repair for extended warranty.
Unpollo - are you saying you don't pay anything for scheduled maintenance (like 1-year service, 2-year service, etc)? My dealer definitely charges for it and several other owners that service their cars in other NY/NJ/CT dealerships also paid for service. How do you get it for free?

Old 01-10-2016, 05:16 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
try communications@bentley.co.uk

Sorry to hear of your problems. Let us hope this is the only one you have, yet odds are there may be many in the future. You might also consider legal action against the person who inspected it as they did not do their job. As for Bentley warranty after the initial few years, seems they do not care about their cars with all these known defects / problems once warranty expires and this might explain why the cars devalue at such a rapid pace.

Old 01-16-2016, 07:55 PM
Townshend is on a distinguished road
Rental car is likely at the dealers discretion. I had my CPO car in for a minor cosmetic issue and had a Cadillac loaner for the day. My rule of thumb is if it is your daily driver as my Bentley is, have CPO/warranty. If it is not, as my Aston is, I don't find warranty worth it.

No paint issues on my car.

Roy Cats isn't an authorized dealer and can only resell Bentleys that already have CPO or you can add a 3rd party warranty although I'm pretty hesitant on those. OEM or walk IMHO. FYI I don't think he takes credit cards

Old 01-19-2016, 04:33 PM
donjuan1605 will become famous soon enoughdonjuan1605 will become famous soon enough
Roy Cats can sell a car with a CPO warranty as long as the previous owner does the CPO transfer paperwork and pays the fee. I think the fee is $50.00 US.

Secondly, Bentley only covers 10k, 20k, and 30k services on the GT3-R. All other cars get the 6 week/1000 mile warranty service and the 1 year/10k warranty service.