Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

What's covered by warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 11:44 PM
blitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to behold
Question What's covered by warranty?

What is covered by the original bentley warranty?

Should I consider buying extended warranty? All of the cars that I am looking at have about a year of warranty left.

Let me know. thnx.

Old 03-24-2009, 04:44 PM
unpollo2 is on a distinguished road
everything is covered under original warranty except normal wear/tear items (brakes, tires, etc)

all services are paid for up till 30,000 miles, the next service at 40,000 is on you.

if you can get authorized Bentley extended warranty i would, it is basically an extension of the original warranty except they do not provide a rental car and they will not cover "cosmetic" problems, for example the leather seats might start to show wear... not covered, but if the heating element or electric motor or massager for the seats fails it is covered, even though it is not a core component of drivability for the car.

They do reserve the right to use refurbished parts in the repair for extended warranty.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:22 PM
blitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to behold
ah ok cool. i thought the warranty was 3 yrs unlimited mileage.

is paint covered? today i saw a bentley and near the lights (front & rear) it looked like the clear coat was peeling or it might have been a shoddy clearbra application.

thanks for the info, very helpful.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:14 AM
unlimited miles is correct for parts, but services are not covered past 30,000 miles (oil change, air filter change, wiper blades, etc)

anything is covered under original warranty so long as it can be proven to be a manufacturer defect... if the paint is peeling from aftermarket treatment it will not be covered by any warranty except maybe the aftermarket guys who did it

Old 03-25-2009, 01:19 AM
what do you mean by aftermarket treatment? like repaint or do you mean like detailing?

what i saw was very minor but being my first exotic car I am being extreme **** about the condition of the car. i thought it might be a clearbra peeling but they told that the car did not have a clearbra added.

btw thnx for answering my questions

Last edited by blitzo; 03-25-2009 at 01:20 AM. Reason: thnx
Old 03-25-2009, 12:54 PM
if the paint is peeling and it is not a defect from the manufacturer (i.e. it did not adhere properly or the paint was not applied properly during the building of the car) then it is not covered.

if you can prove that Bentley made a mistake in painting that part of the car during building then it is covered.

i do not know of any auto warranty that covers mistakes made by detailers or aftermarket products

Old 03-25-2009, 01:50 PM
ya from what i was told, it was the original paint and so i guess it is a manufacturers defect. heh that told me to keep looking.

all of the cars i am seeing at dealers have one issue or another :-(

Old 03-26-2009, 09:43 AM
$$$=SPEED is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blitzo
ya from what i was told, it was the original paint and so i guess it is a manufacturers defect. heh that told me to keep looking.

Call Roy Cats Or kevin at www.catsexotics.com They will be 10 to 20% less than other dealers and find you the car you are looking for. I bought 6 cars from them including my Bentle. I paid $15k under market when I bought it

Old 03-26-2009, 09:47 PM
thanks for the tip. will check it out.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:19 PM
bobobama is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blitzo

Interesting you say that. I've been looking at some pre-owned Bentley's (Arnage T's of all things) and noticed the same thing- they all seem to have one issue or another. Nothing major but it's enough to get you wondering!

Old 03-28-2009, 10:39 AM
1960apache has a spectacular aura about1960apache has a spectacular aura about
I was just quoted $10k for a 3 year bumper to bumper for a 2006 GT, but it is not from an authorized Bentley dealer, so am assuming it is not worth the paper it is printed on??
And realistically, how old is too old of a model year, given the current market.
I am seeing a few 2005-2007's with low, documented miles, (under 10k) I am just curious if anyone has had anything major with any 2004-2009?
I love the new GT speed, but the price difference between an 06, with low miles, but not the exact color combo, but a livable combo, is just too great!
I am leaning toward trying to find a clean, low mileage 2006-2007, from an authorized dealer and working the warranty into the deal. But, how much of a warranty is enough, 1-4 years, and then what? I plan to keep the car possibly 5 years, if I find the right car!

Old 03-28-2009, 10:43 AM
srtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to beholdsrtricky is a splendid one to behold
my bentley is still under factory warranty but I thought I'd ask the dealer yesterday anyways what the cost of additional warranty is. the answer? 5000 per year! (that's for a bentley warranty though not aftermarket)

Old 03-29-2009, 02:07 AM
1960apache has a spectacular aura about1960apache has a spectacular aura about
Wow, I guess a new one is starting to almost make better financial sense! That is, if I can get them to add a very long warranty at the time of purchase! I know there is a huge markup on those warranties!
I guess the fly in the ointment, would be the next Continental GT series being a huge improvement over the current model, which is very likely to happen considering the current one is now on it's 6th year come 2010!
I guess my main question is, if I buy a 2006 with under 10k miles, which I am finding a fair amount of in the used market for $80-90k (real purchase price, not asking price) what could go wrong that would cost equal to the cost of purchasing a warranty for 5 years in a row? (I know, possibly everything, but I haven't heard of major problems with the cars) $5k x 5 years = $25k, that's $105-$115k for an almost 4 year old model!! It doesn't look so appealing now I guess!!

Old 04-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Banned
Patrick - PES is an unknown quantity at this point
Just from a technicians stand, I would go for the re-cert from your Bentley dealer. You have to pay a hefty amount but you get a "clean bill of health" and much more pull with Bentley if anything goes wrong with your car down the road. Another thing is to get to know your technician. You would be surprised how little issues that a customer would normally have to pay for some times become a "issue that has been seen before" and gets replaced under warranty.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:59 PM
The Bentley does not share that many items with the VW Phaeton so replacement costs are going to be high. They share the same design and engineering, but then for some reason (money) they decided to slightly alter the Bentley parts so that they could not be swapped out with Phaetons.

For example, the wiper blades, you would think they would be interchangeable with Phaetons right? Wrong! Not only are the inserts different, the entire attachment assembly is different.

The hand-built custom interiors? I believe a replacement lighter costs $100.

I had all sparkplugs and distributer caps replaced on my car (under warranty) but the cost would have been around $900 where on a normal car it would be 1/4 this price. Well this is a W12 so there are more plugs and caps but you get the picture.

The biggest items to worry about are the twin turbos, drivetrain, and electrical systems. Labor rates well over $100. And proprietary parts make this a no-brainer for factory warranty.

You could try and do it on the cheap, scour EBAY for parts, but then you really aren't getting the Bentley experience IMHO.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What's covered by warranty?