Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

My new Continental GT Speed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 06:25 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
My new Continental GT Speed

I recently acquired a new Continental GT Speed to replace my current work-mobile (a miserable, life sucking, enjoyment killing Lexus).

I have put about 500 miles on the car so far.

I'm not really sure where to start talking about just how insanely terrific this car is. I know it may sound nearly insane coming from those who know me and my obsession with my Porsche...but I beleive this car is so good that I could sell the Porsche and not miss a beat. Really...how crazy is that?

I guess I should start with the exterior and work my way in.

The car is filthy as I've been driving it in the rain but just look at it (please forgive my lousy photography)...it's a pure thing of beauty:

Photographs do not do this machine justice. Every angle, every view is pure perfection. It's the most beautiful car I've ever seen. It has such a commanding presence...it stops you in your tracks. It is just magnificent.

Now to the interior.

The more I drive the car the more I appreciate the thought and work that went into the design and materials. I've never felt leather as soft as this (apparently it's bull hide rather than cow). Every thing you touch is either incredibly soft or real metal. Even the map pockets are lined in leather.

The Porsche leather is a total disgrace in comparison. It shouldn't even be called leather.

When you climb into the chairs...yes chairs...my wife actually said it's a shame to refer to them as seats...you sit in something that's literally like your best living room recliner...yet it's firm in all the right places...keeps you put in your seat in turns and massages your back. The adjustments for lumbar and thigh support are phenominal. I've driven the car on two fairly long trips (nothing crazy but long enough) and I actually parked the car and didn't want to get out. That's never happened to me before. I have a back injury and my back is very sensitive to long drives but man this is something special.

The stitching is amazing as well...my car came with red cross stitching that just looks way cool.

I have the dark tinted aluminum fascia and piano black wood. I think it just looks perfect.

The electronics are far better than I expected. It has a back up camera that shows you lines about where you are going, parallel parking assist, park assist, etc. It has a lifetime subscription to satellite radio (Sirius) and the sound quality is the best I've ever had in any car.

You can control everything via the multi function steering wheel and is far easier to use than the lousy one in my Porsche. It has ipod, bluetooth, etc., etc. Plus adaptive cruise control which seems cool but I haven't tried yet.

One thing I really like is the privacy phone. There is a hand set in the center console that you can pick up so others in the car don't hear your conversation. You can also text on it and read texts on the car screen or have it read them to you. Cool.

I added a K40 radar detector and it's already saved my butt!

Interior pics:

Pic of K40 box:

Ride and handling:

The car has adjustable shocks so you can set the handling from super soft to sport. The sport is nearly as solid feeling as my damptronics on the Porsche...not quite as good but pretty impressive.

You can raise the car as well with the push of a button (I guess that will come in handy in the snow).

So...to the ride...in comfort mode...it's silky smooth...responsive yet compliant...you can drive forever.

In sport...it blows my mind that its the same car. The 12 cylinders scream! It's incredibly quick. Plus you play around with the paddles or shift via the gear shifter but honestly...these don't do much for me but I guess it's entertaining at times.

The car is pin drop quiet...you almost feel like you are in your living room watching a tv show about traffic. Then when you hit the throttle you hear the roar of all that engine and the exhaust is very satisfying as well.

The handling is not what you would expect from such a bohemith of a car...it's nimble, responsive, quick and there are no surprises.

I didn't think it was possible to have a car that's a super comfortable cruiser and a kick *** sports car...well Bentley has done it.

I feel like James Bond in this car and love every second of it!

I'm sure during my ramblings I've forgotten something but I'll be sure to post up some more...

Now to get that nice GIAC chip...hmmmm 600hp now...700 with chip...

Old 09-13-2009, 06:28 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Beautiful. But as good as the 997?? I'll smoke what you're smoking

If you really decide to get rid of the TT, I get dibs on your wheels and exhaust

Old 09-13-2009, 06:51 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
great review glad you like it

Old 09-13-2009, 08:39 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Congrats on your purchase!! It's an amazing car and you picked the classic color combo for such a beast!!

Old 09-13-2009, 08:52 PM
CGinev is on a distinguished road
Great pick up! What Lexus did you have that you hated so much?

Old 09-13-2009, 10:28 PM
blitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to behold
great review and congrats on the new car. love it just like i love my car. i have the same exact feeling with 100 less hp lol.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:54 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
OK...I drove the 997TT today...perhaps the GT is better than a stock turbo...but I'm not rushing to sell mine now that's it's perfectly modded! It feels like a go kart compared to the GT!

That being said...if I could only have one...it would be the GT Speed.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:56 PM
The Lexus is a GS350 AWD. It's a miserable spongemobile designed to ruin all of one's passion for driving.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:15 PM
Kent will become famous soon enough
Congrats, stunning vehicle.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:58 PM
parkmonster will become famous soon enough
Gorgeous, dude.

Thanks again for the 997TTT ("Tuned Twin Turbo") demo today!!

Old 09-15-2009, 09:06 AM
No prob Andy! Hey....I like that...997TTT...

Old 09-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by raclaims
No prob Andy! Hey....I like that...997TTT...
glad you guys got to meet up.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:21 AM
Yup...happy Phil customers all over the place!

Old 09-15-2009, 11:20 AM
Banned
ISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant future
Congrats on your new toy

Old 09-15-2009, 01:29 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Congratulations on the new car - simply gorgeous. Drive it in good health. Do you have any pictures of the K40 install? Would love to see how it integrates into the car. The red cross stitching looks great so you can throw away the fedora.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new Continental GT Speed