Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

My new Continental GT Speed

Old 03-25-2010, 09:57 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Thanks Phil...it's getting to be spring clean up time...when can you come over??

Old 03-25-2010, 10:05 AM
W1N
W1N is a jewel in the roughW1N is a jewel in the roughW1N is a jewel in the roughW1N is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by raclaims
I just got the snow tires off...the car feels like it lost 500 pounds!!
Now, that's beluga, right? So, how do you prepare for stone chips as they are awfully visible on black?

Old 03-25-2010, 10:40 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Yes it's Beluga...I have always had black cars...to me...stone chips are just part of having a well enjoyed car...like a badge of honor...

Don't get me wrong...it's upsetting at first but it's a car...and I absolutley hate clear bras.

The Bentley has been fairly impervious to chips (unlike the 911 after I lowered it!)...I think the high grille and flat hood make it fairly difficult to get the usual chips.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:40 PM
W1N
W1N is a jewel in the roughW1N is a jewel in the roughW1N is a jewel in the roughW1N is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by raclaims
Yes it's Beluga...I have always had black cars...to me...stone chips are just part of having a well enjoyed car...like a badge of honor...

Don't get me wrong...it's upsetting at first but it's a car...and I absolutley hate clear bras.

The Bentley has been fairly impervious to chips (unlike the 911 after I lowered it!)...I think the high grille and flat hood make it fairly difficult to get the usual chips.
I agree. I can live with knowing those marks on the hood, but it still sucks to see and hear them happen. Having a white car helps as they are not as visible as they are with dark colored cars.

Another thing I noticed is the quality of the paint job. In my Range Rover Sport SC (flat white) there is like one or two chips after three years of driving. The quality of the paint job is better than I have ever seen. You can actually see how thick it is when it is not a metallic color. I would assume GT Speed has super quality paint job.

I also always install thing called DITEC. It is hard surface installed on top of the paint job. They take the original wax off and install this permanent wax type of thing. They give you 6 year guarantee of looks of new car and 75% less stone chips. And I can back that up hands down. I've had that put on my all cars since 2003 including my long gone 600hp H2.

I'm also considering Beluga GT Speed (have one in my sight) because GT Speed happens to look the best in Beluga. But, I'm still hesitant because of the washing swirls. Dark cars tend get those so easily no matter what you do. And in garage/inside those washing swirls ares so freaking visible and just bother me every time...

Old 03-26-2010, 11:53 PM
jchou38 has a spectacular aura aboutjchou38 has a spectacular aura about
that car looks amazing!!! what type of rims do you have on your porsche?