Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Considering a 06 Conti GT....need advice please...

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:17 PM
BigLouie is on a distinguished road
Considering a 06 Conti GT....need advice please...

Hey Guys,

Any of you dudes run one of these beasts long term? Seriously considering a 06 with about 30k on it. Other than the usual wear items..are there any issues with these cars that I need to be aware of? This would be a driver and I don't want to live in fear of break downs and the like...

And, price...what are GTs actually selling for, many for sale...not sure what the market is currently.

Thanks

Old 04-05-2010, 07:53 AM
jmchugh1101 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BigLouie
Hey Guys,

Any of you dudes run one of these beasts long term? Seriously considering a 06 with about 30k on it. Other than the usual wear items..are there any issues with these cars that I need to be aware of? This would be a driver and I don't want to live in fear of break downs and the like...

And, price...what are GTs actually selling for, many for sale...not sure what the market is currently.

Thanks
I haven't experienced my CGT long term but the overall sentiment seems to be they are relatively reliable (I asked the same question prior to purchasing mine BUT my CGT is NOT a daily driver). I have access to Manheim and look at the numbers these cars are bringing. I would imagine, retail, with the miles you are looking at should bring high 80's-low 90's. Granted, this all depends on the overall package/color (i.e. Mulliner, etc) you are considering. There are some pushing low 100's with average around 10K miles...

Old 04-05-2010, 10:02 AM
BigLouie is on a distinguished road
Thanks Man!
The lack of any Bentley forums on the net is amazing.
These are not cheap cars but, man...doesn't that seem cheap....$80s for a car that was $200k in 06.
Amazing. I am going to do some more digging to find out about needed regular upkeep and any weak spots on these cars. I will share what I learn. Calling the dealer and 2-3 independents today.
Again, thanks for the response and nice collection!

Old 04-05-2010, 10:24 AM
jmchugh1101 is on a distinguished road
BL,

Good luck bud! Look forward to hearing what you find out! And thank you, still building the collection

Old 05-04-2010, 05:45 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
best advice don't buy 06 buy a 07 try ur best don't buy it this year if u cant !

Old 05-05-2010, 06:10 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
I think Bentley changed their electronics for 2007. May want to look into this and, if so, find out what the differences are.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:08 AM
jgood will become famous soon enough
Did you get this car?

Old 07-29-2010, 10:37 PM
Psalm40 will become famous soon enoughPsalm40 will become famous soon enough
Updates?

I am in the market for a GT within the next 4-5 months (selling the GT-R), and would LOVE some updates on the 06 vs 07 vs 08 (besides prices). The lack of a good Bentley forum is really surprising!

Old 08-01-2010, 10:30 PM
F430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really nice
I think 07 added the sat radio that's it

Old 08-02-2010, 07:12 AM
TaylorMade411 will become famous soon enough
I hate buying cars before being able to talk to a few owners who have put a lot of miles on them. and this is one of those cars people dont drive a lot or keep for long. I would only buy if I had faith in a local dealer that has experience with them.

Old 08-02-2010, 08:29 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TaylorMade411
I hate buying cars before being able to talk to a few owners who have put a lot of miles on them.
Well, have driven 3k miles in about three months and other than a small electrical niggle (Bentley replaced the EPB = Electronic Parking Brake module) yet still every now and then the slashed through (P) shows up in the center driver's computer screen even though the emergency parking brake works fine. Vag Com can probably fix this warning easily. Other than that false positive, everything else has been excellent in the 2006 with now 30k miles on the dial. As an avid Internet guy/research type, have heard very little in the way of any complaints in the way of real problems from either Bentley owners or those with VW Phaeton. So looks to be a very reliable platform.

PS: The 07 added sat nav using DVD versus multi-CD. Not much else really changed, unless you go higher up in the models as Bentley added carbon fiber brakes.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 08-02-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:35 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Called the dealer this morning, they said bring her right in and within minutes all fixed. Must admit, Bentley ha the best customer service of all the cars/exotics dealers in my experience.

i did ask about the diff between 06 and 07 and basically nothing changed. It is in 08 that all the big changes were done.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:30 PM
wheretheroadend is on a distinguished road
Great to have found this forum. I've been looking for a CGT for EVER and the current prices of '05s should allow me to at least not have to consider the first MY. I'd like the '06 because of the push button start, power trunk/doors but wonder if they might be additional expense down the line?

Old 02-03-2011, 10:21 AM
gareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud ofgareeb has much to be proud of
I have an '05 and besides some factory recall stuff like fuel filter and an ignition coil replacement; the car has been very reliable with no other issues.
I have 50k miles now and it is a daily driver since Jan '10. I have owned it since Nov '07 with 10k miles.

Good car, but be ready for maintenance costs on brakes and dealer oil changes.
All that comes with the territory.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:05 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Others have put more miles on than me in my month's ownership of my 2006 and 21k miles, but I did the research beforehand like you and came up with no major problems. Reliability appears to be excellent - I guess that's as it should be with the VW and A8 parts involved.

Of course, many owners are not enthusiasts or are too busy running a company, so you'd expect little comment from many of them here... only us time-rich retirees

I had a Vanquish and lived more in fear of a breakdown than any other car I've had. It got to the silly point that I wouldn't take a long trip in it. So after a year it had to go. In contrast the CGT is so far ahead in perceived reliability that I'd drive it anywhere.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Considering a 06 Conti GT....need advice please...