Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2008 GT Speed price check

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 03:44 PM
scott63 is on a distinguished road
2008 GT Speed price check

Does anyone have the Manheim data for a 2008 GT Speed?

Old 04-28-2010, 08:32 PM
me&you has a spectacular aura aboutme&you has a spectacular aura aboutme&you has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by scott63
Does anyone have the Manheim data for a 2008 GT Speed?
Manheim's Market Report (MMR) doesn't specify between the GT and GT Speed.

This isn't directed at you specifically Scott, but I always wonder why so many are so concerned with the Manheim price. Firstly, the cars sold through Manheim are generally not the best examples (those usually move through other channels).

Secondly, what's the point? There are sooo many factors that affect used car values, one number on Manheim likely has very little to do with the car you're looking at (unless of course you're looking at the exact car sold through Manheim). There's shipping, reconditioning, servicing, new tires, detailing, etc... all costs a good dealer will incur to make a used car as good as it can be... and you want a good car, not just the best price, right?

Thirdly, it usually doesn't matter if you know it or not... a dealer is running a business to make money and a private seller won't care.

Compare asking prices for colors and options you desire on cars with mileage and history you find acceptable. Make fair offers from there and be more concerned with getting a good car than the best price.

That being said, another 'trick' is to make calls to dealers in your area familiar with the car you're looking to purchase - in this case, Bentley and other high-end dealers. Tell them you are looking to sell the car you're looking for and see what they'd pay for it... that should at least give you an idea of what their base cost would be.

Good luck in your search!

Old 05-12-2010, 03:23 PM
NMT
Former Vendor
NMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to behold
08 speeds are 142-157 dep on miles

Old 05-16-2010, 08:09 AM
ksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to all
Down here all the dealers I have spoken to quote Manheim when you are trying to sell/trade a car so it seems to be quite a good indicator. I do not agree with them but that seems to be the yardstick they use!!

Of course it's totally different when you want to buy.