Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Hot Make a Bentley GT Perform Like a GT Super Sport

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:55 AM
farris has a spectacular aura aboutfarris has a spectacular aura about
I have had a full milltek exhaust system and a custom tune for a year now. http://www.amdtuning.com/news.read.cfm?articleid=105

The exhaust sounds great but I question how good my custom tune was. If I stomp on the pedal (causing the car to downshift) I experience much less power than if I press the pedal 80%. I was told by the tuner that this was due to protecting the transmission, but I am not totally satisfied as a result.

Any thoughts? Is this common on a GT?

Old 12-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
You had me right up until...

It all comes down to the wire for a fat Bentley. This is when racer math really needs to be applied. I was thinking of fasting my 140+ lbs drivers a week before a meet and they gotta dump a load before they get in the car.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by farris
I have had a full milltek exhaust system and a custom tune for a year now. http://www.amdtuning.com/news.read.cfm?articleid=105

The exhaust sounds great but I question how good my custom tune was. If I stomp on the pedal (causing the car to downshift) I experience much less power than if I press the pedal 80%. I was told by the tuner that this was due to protecting the transmission, but I am not totally satisfied as a result.

Interesting, I had two different tunes before and I never took note of this. Could be just the tune? I will asked my Bentley tuner about this. My car is getting some serious mods at the moment so I can't run and test this issue out for you. The Doc is waiting for fairer weather to test out his new custom exhaust muffler from Fabspeed. His hookup is similar to yours. Fabspeed exhaust system and Fabspeed ECU upgrade. If David from Fabspeed is on the forum today, he can probably answer this question. Actually, Steven, does this happen on a stock Bentley? It might be a program written into failsafe type modes?

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 12-13-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:09 AM
farris has a spectacular aura aboutfarris has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
Interesting, I had two different tunes before and I never took note of this. Could be just the tune? I will asked my Bentley tuner about this.
Thanks, it really takes away from the enjoyment of having a tune as your natural instinct is to floor it.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Farris, how far along are the tuners getting on the Bentley Gt platform in your neck of the wood? I know there are lighter brake disc for them(besides those carbon ceramics, which wears and tears like crazy). Their should be highflow intercoolers,highflow air filters, swaybars and serious turbos,tranny, and engine modifications that are available. We are lucky over here. All these mods are readily available, but pricey.

Old 12-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by farris

Just spoke with my tuner, he said does this happen to you on D or S mode? He said on those downshifts you should not be losing power. It downshift to get you up in the power band again.
He said best bet when driving aggressive is to leave it on S mode.

Old 12-13-2012, 02:01 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
S mode for agression. The stock B here always has a touch a lag at full but depends on what we mean by 'a touch'. If your lag is reeeally bad in S mode that sounds weird. In D mode, oh yeah, plenty of laa-aa-aag.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I am sure my GTC will come close to the SS in a straight line run having the Fabspeed pipes and tuners. I am keeping my stereo and comfy seats and will gladly takes second place for having them. I love my luxury GT

Old 12-21-2012, 06:56 AM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
I am sure my GTC will come close to the SS in a straight line run having the Fabspeed pipes and tuners. I am keeping my stereo and comfy seats and will gladly takes second place for having them. I love my luxury GT
I got your GTC being damm close to the SS. The only thing about the SS is its lighter. Not as comfy. No luxury seating. Manual carbonfiber race seats. No warming or massaging your back. With yours it would be interesting to quarter mile drag race yours and an SS. This is one of my dilemmas at the moment. I think I will keep my lighter custom seats for events and races, rallying etc. but you know I love my couch!

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 12-22-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:57 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I am realizing more and more that my car will never be a real track car and there are many cars out there that will outrun me but damn I look good, ride comfortable and ooze opulence when I brisk down the road.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:07 AM
I am realizing more and more that my car will never be a real track car and there are many cars out there that will outrun me but damn I look good, ride comfortable and ooze opulence when I brisk down the road.
Yeah, it will take alot money to lighten her up and tracking her. But heck yeah, we look good rallying this big girl. No ones ever thought that she is actually that powerful, so when you do have basic track days, people really flip out cause you brought a Bentley on the track for fun. Yeah, I know.i might build a 2013 GTR for some all out track adventures, but I like my Miss B being a big, aggressive meany also.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:14 AM
What makes this car so heavy? Oh BTW the dealer where I bought my car has informed me they have a 2011 V12 Vantage they want me to look at.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:40 PM
What makes this car so heavy? Oh BTW the dealer where I bought my car has informed me they have a 2011 V12 Vantage they want me to look at.
I have been eyeing those AMs too Doc. On eBay motors looking at GTRs and AMs. Reliability? We gotta ask Sunir , plastic999 and the AM boys about reliability. I am not sure. Maserratis are out of the picture. Depreciation and unreliable. My friend's 2012 Maserati Quattroporte spent 9 months a year at the stealer. He is suing them cause he only got to used the car maybe only 3 months so far and he still had to make his lease payments.

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 12-24-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
I have been eyeing those AMs too Doc. On eBay motors looking at GTRs and AMs. Reliability? We gotta ask Sunir , plastic999 and the AM boys about reliability. I am not sure. Maserratis are out of the picture. Depreciation and unreliable. My friend's 2012 Maserati Quattroporte spent 9 months a year at the stealer. He is suing them cause he only got to used the car maybe only 3 months so far and he still had to make his lease payments.
Wow! I am not much for litigation for solving disputes but that case looks like it needed it. Why did they not give him another car to drive? On the other hand I do not think the Maserati is even in the same class as the AM or GTR. I doubt I will have a chance to drive that V12V since it is a consignment car. They know i am not a serious buyer, only a joy rider. The car fits me and it is sexy sharp as all get out but I still think the Bentley is more suited to my needs in a car.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:01 AM
Wow! I am not much for litigation for solving disputes but that case looks like it needed it. Why did they not give him another car to drive? On the other hand I do not think the Maserati is even in the same class as the AM or GTR. I doubt I will have a chance to drive that V12V since it is a consignment car. They know i am not a serious buyer, only a joy rider. The car fits me and it is sexy sharp as all get out but I still think the Bentley is more suited to my needs in a car.
that AM V12V sure is sexy. They did give my friend a courtesy car everytime his Maserati was at the stealer's. But he is the LA type, and he did not lease a car just to have it in the shop and drive a loaner around. Interesting lawsuit. The Maseratis are nice, but kinda unreliable and unpredictable. I would take a Bentley or an AM over it anytime. Maseratis are like Jaguars, only good a short year lease. They depreciate like crazy and the reliability on them just is pure garbage.Only major thing that ever happened to my Bentley was a bad ECU upgraded tune. It ran like an expensive to maintain, but highly reliable luxury vehicle.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Hot Make a Bentley GT Perform Like a GT Super Sport