Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley GTC Sat radio antenna

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 06:51 AM
ScottCLS55 is on a distinguished road
Bentley GTC Sat radio antenna

Got a GTC around a week ago. Love the car, having a small problem with the
Sat radio. It will stop working and say linking for a minute and then come back on. I'm guessing it is an antenna issue.

Anyone know where the antenna is located?

Old 06-28-2011, 10:07 PM
ScottCLS55 is on a distinguished road
In case anyone else has this problem the antenna is located in the deck lid. When you take the inside decklid cover off (1 torx screw and 10 clips) there are tons of antenna's, modules etc under there. The Sat antenna says sirius on it.

Bentley Atlanta said there were problems with the original GTC antenna's and the changed a lot of them under warranty not so much anymore. This car did not have the Sat radio turned on and sat in a garage for years so I guess it is one of the Bad batch they had. New one from Bentley ATL for $180.

Old 12-26-2021, 07:53 PM
dulay is on a distinguished road
Hi I’m reading this and trying to figure out where the “deck” is? Any pics?
thx
dulay

Old 12-27-2021, 08:02 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dulay
Hi I’m reading this and trying to figure out where the “deck” is? Any pics?
thx
dulay
​​​​​​Hello @dulay ,
The "deck" is the trunk lid itself, the satellite radio antenna is mounted on the underside of the trunk lid, remove the carpet to access.

This is the location for the GTC (convertible) only.

Johnny

Old 12-27-2021, 09:37 PM
Thank you Johnny. Will start to look under the carpet tomorrow. I keep getting an Antenna error on Sat radio. Sometimes it works fir a few seconds So hoping just a loose connection.

Dulay

Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
​​​​​​Hello @dulay ,
The "deck" is the trunk lid itself, the satellite radio antenna is mounted on the underside of the trunk lid, remove the carpet to access.

This is the location for the GTC (convertible) only.

Johnny

Old 12-29-2021, 07:39 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Thank you Johnny. Will start to look under the carpet tomorrow. I keep getting an Antenna error on Sat radio. Sometimes it works fir a few seconds So hoping just a loose connection.

Dulay
Hello @dulay Remy,
May I ask which year and model Bentley you have, as I kind of remember that you have a 04 or 05 GT, therefore not a GTC/convertible, as I stated above, the convertible is the only model that has the satellite radio antenna located in the trunk lid, the coupe GT has the Satellite radio antenna module located at the top of the rear windshield, on the drivers side USA LHD.

Johnny

Old 12-30-2021, 10:06 AM
Hi Johnny

I have an 04 gt and a 2008 gtc. The satellite issue is with the gtc so im.going to unscrew the 2 screws holding in the carpet under the roof of the boot and I'm hoping it will be a simple loose antenna connection

Hello @dulay Remy,
May I ask which year and model Bentley you have, as I kind of remember that you have a 04 or 05 GT, therefore not a GTC/convertible, as I stated above, the convertible is the only model that has the satellite radio antenna located in the trunk lid, the coupe GT has the Satellite radio antenna module located at the top of the rear windshield, on the drivers side USA LHD.

Johnny

Old 01-04-2022, 11:29 PM
Sat antenna

Hello @dulay Remy,

Johnny
johnny
before I start removing screws wanted to check with you….so basically I unscrew the 2 screws holding the plastic trim in with the boot close button?

Old 01-05-2022, 08:57 PM
silvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud of
johnny
before I start removing screws wanted to check with you….so basically I unscrew the 2 screws holding the plastic trim in with the boot close button?
Two screws that hold the handle, and then a lot of clips.

BTW, the clips are so tight and the surrounding plastic is so brittle and some will snap to pieces. I had absolutely no fun putting the liner back up once off.

Old 01-06-2022, 05:46 PM
Silver tone,

which handle are you referring to? Dumb question… sorry but in the pic I only see 2 screws holding that long plastic piece in

Old 01-06-2022, 06:03 PM
silvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud of
On the inside of the trunk there should be a plastic handle of sorts. If you remove the two screws there all that's left is the clips. Of course that's on the coupe, I'm not sure if the vert is different

Old 01-06-2022, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by silvertonesx24
On the inside of the trunk there should be a plastic handle of sorts. If you remove the two screws there all that's left is the clips. Of course that's on the coupe, I'm not sure if the vert is different
yup I remember taking the carpet out of the gt because the drain holes were blocked when it rained and water was getting into the trunk.

Old 01-06-2022, 09:04 PM
yup I remember taking the carpet out of the gt because the drain holes were blocked when it rained and water was getting into the trunk.
That's the same reason I was in there, except my drain tubes were fine. One of them had actually separated from the body and was partially draining and partially leaking