Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Full iPod Control In a Pre 2009 Bentley GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 09:57 PM
cusiginzo has a spectacular aura aboutcusiginzo has a spectacular aura about
What a shame , someone gots to come up with something that will work

Old 07-26-2011, 05:47 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Ken, in a perfect world everything would be as i want it to be. Life is filled with many joys and if a minor compromise here or there happens, the overall gains far outweigh them. Agree with you as have seriously looked at the new models yet find that the 2006 CGT does so many things right that the newer Bentleys with radar cruise control, cup holders and better Bluetooth/iPod are minor compromises for the 2006. The body style of the 2006 is more my preference too. Looking over the 2011 luxury automobile landscape, the 2006 CGT still easily holds its own and do not find anything making me want to change cars in the foreseeable future.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:29 AM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
...the 2006 CGT does so many things right that the newer Bentleys with radar cruise control, cup holders and better Bluetooth/iPod are minor compromises for the 2006. The body style of the 2006 is more my preference too. Looking over the 2011 luxury automobile landscape, the 2006 CGT still easily holds its own and do not find anything making me want to change cars in the foreseeable future.
I agree the accessories don't make the car, but sometimes the small things make life a whole lot easier. Like Bluetooth for example, though I wouldn't change the car just to add that feature. It's all horses for courses. I drive my CGT a couple times a week at most and would use the phone maybe once a month, so this is not a big issue.

The other issue with upgrading is finding the right color combo in a used CGT. I love my sapphire dark blue body and cream/dark blue interior - it is a complete change from all the black on black I've been used to in my other cars. To get a nice combo like that in a newer used CGT would be difficult in our country, as I've seen some dreadful color schemes (red body with red/tan interior, and apologies to anyone with that scheme... it's just not my taste).

Yes, the perfect car is hard to find, so I'll stick with what I have - for a while.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:18 AM
farris has a spectacular aura aboutfarris has a spectacular aura about
Just to some up, can someone please confirm that the best available options are:

1) Upgrade to the DICE Mediabridge and use bluetooth to link an itouch or iPhone for wireless control via the iPhone or itouch.

2) Use another DICE unit (what is the best model?) with an iPod/touch hard connected and only have track listings and forward/backward control via the oem unit.

Can someone please confirm and identify any other options please. What about Dension?

Last edited by farris; 09-09-2011 at 02:31 AM.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:39 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by farris
1) Upgrade to the DICE Mediabridge and use bluetooth to link an itouch or iPhone for wireless control via the iPhone or itouch.
They do not make a MediaBridge specifcally for the VW/Bentley. You would have to use ANALOG.

2) Use another DICE unit (what is the best model?) with an iPod/touch hard connected and only have track listings and forward/backward control via the oem unit.
Yes, the VW kit as mentioned on my main thread describes it all, so please use the SEARCH function for those details.

Can someone please confirm and identify any other options please. What about Dension?
Not a clue about the full details on the Denison, ask them.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:18 PM
This si the best thing on offer: http://diceelectronics.com/duo-ipod-sirius

Old 09-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Alpine

This is looking very exciting and after some initial digging around, I believe it not only has full text support, full iPod control, but also control via the oem steering wheel and nav unit.

http://www.alpine-electronics.co.uk/...bcb3140ed3ec7b

http://www.alpine-electronics.co.uk/...HubDetails.pdf

Fingers Crossed!

Last edited by farris; 09-13-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:21 AM
ccwboy will become famous soon enough
Old 11-27-2011, 07:59 AM
Not sure about playlists, that is the kit i use and only as an interface, i keep the iTouch on a mount and use the iTouch to change songs, etc. The streering wheel only control volume.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:30 PM
orandaberg is on a distinguished road
Hi
Just to make a quick answer I did see one on youtube, I remember typing in Yahoosearch for intergrade ipod to bentley and found one vid showing how it works the playlist and shows on the Bentley radio and cluster

Old 11-28-2011, 07:30 PM
ccwboy will become famous soon enough
i order this one.it said Unlimited playlists.use Disc 2 to select the playlists.this what i want to try.after i install see the result is good or not.

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=9963

Old 12-26-2011, 12:29 AM
orandaberg is on a distinguished road
Hello
Let us know if this worked for you!
Thanks

Old 12-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Stoppiesteve is on a distinguished road
I have the dice. The mediabridge isn't available. I spoke at length with dice about it specifically because I wanted the wireless. I ended up with the dice kit duo silver line. I had the cable run up out of the cup holder and am pleased. I can hide it when not in use. I plug in my iPhone and drive everything from the phone. It rests on the console when playing. I can control iPod and pandora from the iPhone. I can also skip to next from the steering wheel. Nothing is displayed other than song1,2,3, etc on the car displays. It also charged my iPhone and is direct digital so the sound is great. It disables the cd changer.

Old 12-30-2011, 05:42 AM
Originally Posted by Stoppiesteve
I can also skip to next from the steering wheel.
Nice, THAT is what i was curious as the lower moel i use can't. Hopefully Dice releases a unit with Bluetooth too, as this would solve the Bluetooth situation on older Bentley cars.

It also charged my iPhone and is direct digital so the sound is great.
Agree, the sound is very good as Dice takes the pure digital file out of the iPod/iTouch/iPhone and then uses their own DAC/preamplification. As we all know, Apple products have a lousy DAC/amplifier built in and it sounds like rubbish (imho). Using the pure digital file to then feed Dice's DAC/preamp is much, much better in sound quality.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Douyon is on a distinguished road
I am going to have the dealer module installed this week. Ill keep you all posted. Has anyone tried the dealer installed and certified modual?

"Personally, we’re pretty shocked by this move from the good boys over at Crewe, England, but we welcome this with open arms and we’re looking specifically at all our Bentley Continental owners over here. Starting now, your local Bentley dealership will offer the ability to install an iPod connectivity kit which will be a "factory" part, and not after market. But damn, how the heck can I control the iPod? Leave it up to the sneaky brits, because once that bad boy is plugged in "track selection and volume can be controlled via the infotainment system or steering mounted controls." Amaaazing! Just in case this doesn’t knock your socks off, "a USB input is available allowing any music device with a USB port to be used and controlled via the infotainment system". It just gets better and better, doesn’t it? "To ensure your device is kept safe whilst in use, a leather holder has been designed to house and protect the player in the glove compartment. The high quality fleece lined Schoeller material offers maximum protection." Well, you heard it folks! This is compatible with the Bentley Continental series like the Bentley Continental GT, and Bentley Continental Flying Spur. Model compatibility years are not specified so theoretically this might work back to on ’04 model."

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Full iPod Control In a Pre 2009 Bentley GT