Full iPod Control In a Pre 2009 Bentley GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 08:57 AM
01bee is on a distinguished road
Always glad to help.

Eric

Old 07-21-2013, 06:44 PM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Just installed my bluetooh/ipod kit. Very cool to be able to stream music via 3G on my iphone.

For those who is looking to install, be sure to get the removal key when you order:

Amazon.com: Xtenzi Mercedes Audi VW Stereo Radio Removal Remove Key Tool (Ref# 86-9001): MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: Xtenzi Mercedes Audi VW Stereo Radio Removal Remove Key Tool (Ref# 86-9001): MP3 Players & Accessories

Old 07-27-2013, 07:51 PM
microboby can only hope to improve
So can someone post what is the Exact Model for the Mediabridge- bluetooth that works with Bentley? There are a bunch of different models for sale.

Thanks

Old 07-27-2013, 09:31 PM
Douyon is on a distinguished road
iPod & iphone integration for music

Here is what I have been using. I am able to control volume from steering wheel. I control music from my iPod or iPad over Bluetooth. No wires. Device connects to Bluetooth automatically when I get in the car. On occasion I have to connect to Bluetooth device, but 98% of the time it connects automatically. Sound quality is decent for what it is being used for.

Control Unit
DICE i-Audi-R-5v iPod Integration Kit for Audi, Bentley and Lamborghini
Amazon.com: DICE Electronics DUO-103-AVW Dice Audi/VW Silverline DUO- Factory SAT Connection: MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: DICE Electronics DUO-103-AVW Dice Audi/VW Silverline DUO- Factory SAT Connection: MP3 Players & Accessories

Bluetooth Adapter (I tested a few, and in my opinion this one works the best)
Amazon.com: CableJive Wireless Bluetooth Music Receiver Adapter for Bose SoundDock, and other iPod and iPhone Audio Docks including iHome, Bose SoundDock, JBL, Logitech, Sony and other 30-Pin Audio Docks for Wireless music. Connect dockBoss air adapter to your speaker dock and control your music from your phone up to 30 ft. away.: MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: CableJive Wireless Bluetooth Music Receiver Adapter for Bose SoundDock, and other iPod and iPhone Audio Docks including iHome, Bose SoundDock, JBL, Logitech, Sony and other 30-Pin Audio Docks for Wireless music. Connect dockBoss air adapter to your speaker dock and control your music from your phone up to 30 ft. away.: MP3 Players & Accessories

This configuration works well.
Only issue I ran into was when using my iPhone 5 for both Bluetooth Hands free which connects to the Stock Bluetooth adapter in the car, and simultaneously connecting to the BossAir adapter, (Yes they do work and connect simultaneously) that when I made or received phone calls, the call was not clear, and seemed broken. I resolved this by dedicating a iPod for music, and my iphone for calls. this configuration works perfectly. I keep the ipod on the ledge next to my battery charger, so when I am charging the car battery, the ipod is charging as well.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.
Andre

Last edited by Douyon; 07-27-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:50 PM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by microboby
So can someone post what is the Exact Model for the Mediabridge- bluetooth that works with Bentley? There are a bunch of different models for sale.

Thanks
http://www.ipodcarpros.com/p580/AMBR...duct_info.html

Here is the one I'm using for 2004. You can use the selector to choose the correct model for your year.

I'm able to control volume and change track of 3G music streaming app using the steering wheel button. Bluetooth works fine for streaming. I prefer the wired connection though because it charges my phone as well.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:31 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Got the AMBR-1502-AVW from them, but it was an open box so be warned these may not be factory sealed new units for sale.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:59 PM
Mad_Mick is on a distinguished road
Bentley gt 2004 media bridge BT connection

Hi guys I have been following your threads on the Media Bridge product and have finally got one here in Australia through Carpros but it has been difficult to get it to BT mode. The system slows down dramatically. The instructions given we to go to CD 2 within 5 seconds but it still says USB mode.
I read on this thread that someone says track 2.
It seems most of you had difficulty getting it to connect. I have tried all kinds of combinations of button pushes on offs disconnects etc.
Can some one tell me the simple fool proof method from opening the car door to getting an iPhone 4S to get into BT mode.
Once I saw headset turn up on the iPhone but it did not paid and then disappeared and never came back. The car pros dicks gave up on it and said to call some guy called Bill the Guru and the number they gave me would not connect. **** poor after sales service. Can some one guide me with the simple how to?

Old 08-18-2013, 04:06 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mad_Mick
Can some one tell me the simple fool proof method from opening the car door to getting an iPhone 4S to get into BT mode.
If the Dice is not already in BT mode or having a bad day, you are SOL

The problem lies in the Bentley system itself that takes over 5 seconds to boot up once it has power and THEN you can choose track/discs on the CD payer mode.

Here is a workaround: Hook up a switch that controls the power delivery to the Dice. Anytime the Dice does not behave well with inputs, just switch the power off to the Dice unit when the car is running. Then turn the Dice power back on so then you can choose inputs for the first 5 seconds.

Awkward? Yes. Does it work? Yes.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:31 AM
Bentley GT 2004 BT connection

Steven,
Thank you for responding.
I can wire such a switch and can see how the Bentley system gets confused and actually lags very easily behind button presses.
Can you tell me the actual button presses to get to BT mode?
Is it that I need to be in CD 2 track one within 5 secs from CD1 from turn on position?
Please tell me the sequence if you have it working?
Cheers from Oz!

Old 08-18-2013, 06:33 AM
Operating MediaBridge as an Audio Source
See owner's manual PDF @ http://audiovox.diceelectronics.com/..._rev062012.pdf

Basic Operation and Settings

Accessing the MediaBridge as the audio source: Much like the radio’s AM/FM tuner, satellite radio or CD audio sources, the MediaBridge is integrated to be part of the vehicle’s audio system. To access the MediaBridge source, press the CD button. Pressing this button repeatedly will cycle through sources present in the vehicle (CD > MediaBridge).

MediaBridge source selection: The MediaBridge adds additional audio sources including iPod and auxiliary audio input. To cycle between these sources, use the TRACK buttons within the first 5 seconds of accessing the MediaBridge as the audio source. TRACK 1 = USB/iPod, TRACK 2 = Bluetooth, TRACK 5 = Auxiliary audio source.
Note: The MediaBridge source being selected is announced with a spoken message. Please wait one second after pressing a button to select a source to hear the spoken announcement.

MediaBridge Gain Settings

Select DISC 3 to change default volume level; use track up/down to adjust between Min and Max. Use TRACK up/down to cycle settings: TRACK 1 = min. volume, TRACK 26 = default volume, TRACK 32 = max volume. Select DISC 1 to apply settings and resume audio playback. Use TRACK up/down to select MediaBridge audio source. DISC 2, 4, 5 and 6 are NOT selectable because they have no settings available.

iPod Browsing Modes

In CDC Emulation, you can browse the content on your iPod by various modes: song, playlist, artist, album, podcast and audiobook. Each DISC button has a mode assigned to it as illustrated below.
Press DISC button to select mode, then use next/previous track buttons to browse contents within the selected mode.

DISC 3, 5 and 6 iPod browsing modes are only available when the iPod is locked.

Controlling the MediaBridge USB Memory Source

·Select DISC 1, then use the TUNE/TRACK buttons to change from song to song.
·Select DISC 2 to access Folders and use the TUNE/TRACK buttons to navigate through the folders on your USB flash drive.
·The MediaBridge unit will recognize the first 8 levels of folders, with up to 200 accessible folders within each folder. Only the first 1000 files will be read in each folder, the rest will be ignored.
·Songs play in order of when they were added to the flash drive.

Bluetooth and MAT (Music Announcer Technology) Configuration

To alter voice announcement and Bluetooth pairing settings select Bluetooth as your audio source, press the DISC button that corresponds to the feature you want to configure, and then use track or channel UP/DOWN to browse through configuration options:
·DISC 1, 2 or 3 should be selected if you want to control Bluetooth audio streaming playback.
·DISC 4 controls the Autoconnect feature. Available options are Enable and Disable. This controls whether or not the MediaBridge will reconnect automatically when phone becomes disconnected. Only the most recently paired device will be reconnected automatically.
·DISC 5 controls the paired devices memory. There is only one option. Tune or change tracks to clear the listing of paired devices with the MediaBridge and put module into discoverable mode.
·DISC 6 controls MAT setting. Available options are Default, Extended, Phone only, and Off (refer to the chart below).

Options

Function

Reset MAT back to factory default configuration

Extended

Turn on ALL MAT feature

Phone Only

Turn on the phone relative MAT only

Off

Turn off MAT completely

Pairing MediaBridge with your Cell Phone via Bluetooth

1.Turn on the Bluetooth feature on your cell phone.
2.Select MediaBridge as your audio source from your radio, then select Bluetooth mode.
3.Search device from your cell phone.
4.Select MediaBridge from device list and enter password “0000” to connect.
Note:MediaBridge is only discoverable for Bluetooth pairing for the first 60 seconds after selecting Bluetooth mode within the MediaBridge. Listen for an announcement saying “MediaBridge Discoverable”. Please perform pairing while the vehicle is parked. Bluetooth devices remain paired 30 seconds after exiting MediaBridge mode, within this time active audio streams and phone calls aren't audible on the phone but can be resumed by re-entering MediaBridge mode.

Answering and Making a Phone Call

·To answer an incoming call, press the button that tunes to the next track or channel.
·To reject an incoming call or terminate an active call, press the button that tunes to the previous track or channel.
·To make an outgoing call, dial on the phone like you would normally.
Phone calls interrupt any music/ audio that is currently playing on the radio while MediaBridge is the selected audio source.

Playing Music from a Cell Phone through MediaBridge via Bluetooth

1.Enter Bluetooth mode on MediaBridge.
2.Make sure your cell phone is paired with MediaBridge.
3.Select and play a song from your cell phone’s music player.
Note:Some cell phones require you to manually select the option to play music via (A2DP) Bluetooth Streaming. Song information is shown on the radio display if your phone supports AVRCP1.3.
4.Use Track UP/DOWN to skip tracks / FF / RW songs on the AVRCP compatible phone.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 08-18-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:02 PM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Good stuff EJM!

Almost like a manual accessory circuit. I've found that either waiting for the dice unit to "re-calibrate" to the phone or performing a reset at the in dash head unit works to regain the connection to the Dice unit as well.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:15 PM
Bentley GT Media Bridge

EJTM thanks so much for the info.
I do have the manual but there is a few extras in what you have written.
All works fine from USB connection the trick will be steaming via BT.
I am about to create a reset switch for the Audiovox box to see how it goes I will keep you informed.
Black GTC what did you mean performing a reset at the in dash head unit?
Is there already a reset switch? I have tried switching the head unit OFF/ON but as is above because the unit takes longer to restart the Audiovox, I had considered this and it now makes sense. Its a shame that when it is on Radio the CD head unit is not off so the Media Bridge is not powered only when it is switched to CD it is then powered but I guess this would not be a disadvantage for the phone use when you step into the car.
I wonder if a VAG unit could reprogram any of the head unit workings to create a reset button in one of the on screen pages where a button is not used?
Does anyone have a VAG program that can work through an ELM OBD2 unit from a PC? Sorry probably a different Thread required for this.
Is this possible or pie in the sky?
Thanks from Oz!

Old 08-18-2013, 07:48 PM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Yes the reset button is below the OEM on/off button and seemed to help with the Dice re sync in my GTC.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:43 PM
Media Bridge to bentley GT 2004

Black GTC
Can you take a happy snap of that and post it here.
I dont recall any reset button.
Note the Media Bridge I purchased was to be AMBR-1502-AVW. How ever when the unit arrived from IPODCARPROS On back of unit it says MB 1500-CDC.
The person from there has asured me it is the same unit.
It has taken me 8 months to get it from many attempts to purchase the unit through them twice and once from Audiovox themselves. The price moved 3 times in that period.
It would be the ducks nuts if it could show text on the screen.
Still it works fantastic for music so as soon as I get the BT working I have a bunch of buddies here in the Ferrari Club who have bentleys and are looking for a solution. It seems I am the guinea pig.
Thansk for your help.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:35 PM
Happy Snap

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Full iPod Control In a Pre 2009 Bentley GT