Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Full iPod Control In a Pre 2009 Bentley GT

Old 09-01-2012, 05:34 AM
Douyon is on a distinguished road
Hi Cyril, that was what I was expecting to do. When I removed the CD, I noticed that the cable did not match. they must have discontinued the old Dice unit, and are now using this new one. Maybe you will get the older unit which will make your install much easier. For now, I am still searching for instructions on taking head unit out. Will keep you posted.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:29 AM
squirel is on a distinguished road
Checking the AudioVox installation guide :
http://audiovox.diceelectronics.com/..._rev012312.pdf

Obviously you don't have the right cable included in your kit !!

See page 6 : you should have ordered A-DUO-102-AVW (and would have the correct cable).

Check what you have on your order.

Cyril

Old 09-01-2012, 05:24 PM
montyfd is on a distinguished road
Removal:

Attached Images     
Old 09-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Douyon is on a distinguished road
MontyFD, thank you very much.

Cyril, you were correct. I contacted the store who is selling this item via Amazon, and they confirmed that they sent me the wrong item. They should have sent DUO-102-AVW. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will be sending the incorrect unit back, and hope to receive the correct one Wednesday. I will keep you posted.

Cheers.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:02 PM
Kevin Mendez is on a distinguished road
Smile Installed the Audiovox media bridge

After reading the forum, decided on the Mediabridge now produced by Audiovox.
Installation was so simple, pull out the CD changer using a set of Keys I got from Amazon as well, non specific removal keys, for radio removal fitting bentley , VW or audi. disconected CD connected media bridge. selected CD and voila, Iphone connection.
It took me a few minutes to understand how to switch from USB to Bluettooth.
I prefer now to connect to system via BT and play my audiobooks, or music , and if I need to charge phone connect cable, then I have to go back to phone and reselect play via mediabridge, but continues to charge.

I have not installed the BT microphone, yet, because dont know what and where do I want it.
so far, bought a sim card, added some minutes and use car phone when I need, and or transfer iphone to car. via forward function on iphone settings.

with the car buttons On the iphone you can only advance track, to next or previous, increase decrease volume, and mute. also with the microphone and bt, full function, but have not decided where to place microphone to get best results/. also car phone button will not run mediabridge bluetooth phone.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:38 PM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Angry

Originally Posted by Kevin Mendez
After reading the forum, decided on the Mediabridge now produced by Audiovox.
Installation was so simple, pull out the CD changer using a set of Keys I got from Amazon as well, non specific removal keys, for radio removal fitting bentley , VW or audi. disconected CD connected media bridge. selected CD and voila, Iphone connection.
It took me a few minutes to understand how to switch from USB to Bluettooth.
I prefer now to connect to system via BT and play my audiobooks, or music , and if I need to charge phone connect cable, then I have to go back to phone and reselect play via mediabridge, but continues to charge.

I have not installed the BT microphone, yet, because dont know what and where do I want it.
so far, bought a sim card, added some minutes and use car phone when I need, and or transfer iphone to car. via forward function on iphone settings.

with the car buttons On the iphone you can only advance track, to next or previous, increase decrease volume, and mute. also with the microphone and bt, full function, but have not decided where to place microphone to get best results/. also car phone button will not run mediabridge bluetooth phone.
Yes I installed this unit as well. Factory Cd player would skip and stop playing at higher volumes. Great plug and play module. Works really well in BT Phone mode while connecting with your iphone. Does not work well with Android for anyone using the various Android phones. I installed the Mic in the left pillar of the windshield. Had to drop the glove box and routed the line behind the radio, under the steering column and up the pillar by pushing it into the space between the window molding and trim. Conceals it all perfectly.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:22 PM
Kevin Mendez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blackgtc
Yes I installed this unit as well. Factory Cd player would skip and stop playing at higher volumes. Great plug and play module. Works really well in BT Phone mode while connecting with your iphone. Does not work well with Android for anyone using the various Android phones. I installed the Mic in the left pillar of the windshield. Had to drop the glove box and routed the line behind the radio, under the steering column and up the pillar by pushing it into the space between the window molding and trim. Conceals it all perfectly.
What about installing it on overhead console where stock one is?

Old 05-09-2013, 11:51 PM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kevin Mendez
What about installing it on overhead console where stock one is?
I'm Sure it's doable for someone technical enough to integrate the aftermarket mic input to the overhead oem mic output but for me was more practical installing the Mediabridge mic at the location I chose.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:05 AM
tictac786 is on a distinguished road
Samsung S4 and the mediabridge

I can confirm that the Samsung S4 works very well with the mediabridge in my 2006 continental GT. Set up straightforward, bluetooth was a bit fiddly but works excellent once paired. Full control of tracks and phone through the track buttons on both the media console and steering wheel.

Money well Spent

Old 05-21-2013, 07:02 AM
Merdav will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by tictac786
I can confirm that the Samsung S4 works very well with the mediabridge in my 2006 continental GT. Set up straightforward, bluetooth was a bit fiddly but works excellent once paired. Full control of tracks and phone through the track buttons on both the media console and steering wheel.

Money well Spent
I also have a 2006 and an S4, do you have it connected through the AUX input? does the music also display on the Bentley factory audio screen? Which unit did you get I see there are a few on the website?

Last edited by Merdav; 05-21-2013 at 07:14 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:08 AM
tictac786 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Merdav
I also have a 2006 and an S4, do you have it connected through the AUX input? does the music also display on the Bentley factory audio screen? Which unit did you get I see there are a few on the website?
Hi Merdav, I connected through Bluetooth and it gives access to the phone as well as the songs album. I am using the audiovox mediabridge connected through the glove compartment by removing the CD player in the glove compartment. I think the model is MB 1502. Very easy to connect, just need the tools to remove the CD player and then its plug and play. Importantly, once the mediabridge is connected, within the first 5 seconds go to track 2 to engage the bluetooth menu and pairing. Sadly the screen on the bently only shows title 1...title 2 etc and not the full song details. More to do with dozy Bentley unit than the media bridge.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:11 PM
A work around on removing the CD changer is to simply drop the glove box, unplug the connector at the back of the cd changer to bypass the cd changer.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:32 PM
Merdav will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by tictac786
Hi Merdav, I connected through Bluetooth and it gives access to the phone as well as the songs album. I am using the audiovox mediabridge connected through the glove compartment by removing the CD player in the glove compartment. I think the model is MB 1502. Very easy to connect, just need the tools to remove the CD player and then its plug and play. Importantly, once the mediabridge is connected, within the first 5 seconds go to track 2 to engage the bluetooth menu and pairing. Sadly the screen on the bently only shows title 1...title 2 etc and not the full song details. More to do with dozy Bentley unit than the media bridge.
Too bad the screen doesnt work. When I got my car it already had a Parrot BT in it which surprisingly works perfect for my phone. I also have a ATT sim card in the card slot for the car, it remote areas the car power with the roof hidden antenna is MUCH more powerful than the cell phone.
I added the Isimple BT for the phone a while back, so I guess I already have everything the Mediabridge would offer. Thanks for responding so quickly.-MICHAEL

https://www.isimplesolutions.com/product.aspx?zpid=542

Old 05-29-2013, 02:40 PM
TREV Y is on a distinguished road
lots of good info, thanks, looking at an 09 GT Speed and have an Iphone 5

Old 05-30-2013, 06:50 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
I think the 09 and the iPhone play well together stock.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Full iPod Control In a Pre 2009 Bentley GT