Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Full iPod Control In a Pre 2009 Bentley GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 06:07 AM
Mad_Mick is on a distinguished road
You can just use a couple of small screw drivers and pres in the spring loaded clips, bit of butchering around they will release the damage is insignificant as thisnwil not go back in again anyway.
Once it's out it's simple plug into the cable.
I am going to wire in a small reset switch to see if the powering update will get it into Bluetooth mode easier.
I have tried all combinations of reset switches etc and no luck unable to beat the 5 seconds to get it into BT mode. I saw headsset turn up on the iPhone twice but it was too late to pair so missed it. If they extended this pairing time it would be a boon!
Good luck all.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:20 AM
tictac786 is on a distinguished road
Hi mad_mick - are you still having issues with the BT?

What I can remember is when you get in the car and switch on, the CD mode is engaged, disc 1, you will see on the screen 5 tracks.

Don't touch any of the CD disk buttons.

Just push the next track button so that track 2 comes up. This engages the BT mode and the mediabridge goes into discoverable mode.

From there on, its from the phone for pairing etc

Old 08-29-2013, 11:39 PM
dtbh will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Mad_Mick
Black GTC
Can you take a happy snap of that and post it here.
I dont recall any reset button.
Note the Media Bridge I purchased was to be AMBR-1502-AVW. How ever when the unit arrived from IPODCARPROS On back of unit it says MB 1500-CDC.
The person from there has asured me it is the same unit.
It has taken me 8 months to get it from many attempts to purchase the unit through them twice and once from Audiovox themselves. The price moved 3 times in that period.
It would be the ducks nuts if it could show text on the screen.
Still it works fantastic for music so as soon as I get the BT working I have a bunch of buddies here in the Ferrari Club who have bentleys and are looking for a solution. It seems I am the guinea pig.
Thansk for your help.
Hi Mad_Mick,

Did you finally get it to work? I am asking because, like you, mine arrived as model MB 1500-CDC even though the box says AMBR-1502-AVW. I hope they are the same to save me the trouble of sending it back to London. Thanks.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:51 AM
Hi guys!
I will try Tictacs idea tonight and post I was about to wire in a switch as suggested earlier to kill the power to the unit so I could get it to restart and then hopefully BT.
Thanks Tictac786

Old 08-30-2013, 01:48 AM
Mad_Mick,

The seller (dynamicsounds.com) just replied my email saying that model MB 1500-CDC is the wrong model and I am supposed to send the unit back to them. I now wonder if I should do that?

Will wait for your updates before I do that. Thanks.

Old 08-30-2013, 02:19 AM
Dtbh and tictac786
Tictacs info was good it worked I got in the car put the iPhone into BT mode.
Started the car the nav system came on I had it on radio last so pressed the CD button then pressed the RH arrow button to go to the next track. Wallah! It said BT mode detected. I then saw headset on the iPhone when I pressed it it started searching changed its name to Mediabrodge then after a few seconds said connected on the phone and the system said BT mode phone detected or something like that.
I then changed the phone to music and pressed 3 on the CD player and was able to change songs. I then received a phone call and it interrupted the music did the call fine and when disconnected went back to music.
IPODCARPROS sold me the unit when I winged about the model they clearly stated that it is only the cable that gets changed and that the units are al the same. Not sure if I believe them anyway aft about 20 emails they gave me a bogus phone number and dropped me like a bag of spuds.
This forum has given me the clues and it now all works.
Shame the phone buttons don't work on the steering wheel.
In the BMW they apparently do but not the Bentley.
I wish I new the real answer to the question of is this the same unit.
I joined Audivox as a client and they only said that the unit is still new and in testing asked me what made me think it would work on a Bentley. It has been advertised for more than a year this way.
Let us know how you go or if there is any other info available!
Thanks TicTac saved me a wiring job.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:10 PM
According to Audiovox Customer Service, they are all MB 1500. Here is their response:

Response Via Email(Earvin Lora) - 08/30/2013 11:57 AM
They are all MB 1500, the 1501,1502,1503 are just different connectors. You do have the right unit just look in the manual and it will tell you which connector you are going to be using.

They should have clarified this in the manual to save buyers the trouble. In the manual they instructed us to look at the back of the unit to make sure it is AMBR 1502 AVW. Why in the world did they put it as MB 1500-CDC to confuse us? Anyways, all is good.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:06 AM
tictac786 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mad_Mick
Dtbh and tictac786
Tictacs info was good it worked I got in the car put the iPhone into BT mode.
Started the car the nav system came on I had it on radio last so pressed the CD button then pressed the RH arrow button to go to the next track. Wallah! It said BT mode detected. I then saw headset on the iPhone when I pressed it it started searching changed its name to Mediabrodge then after a few seconds said connected on the phone and the system said BT mode phone detected or something like that.
I then changed the phone to music and pressed 3 on the CD player and was able to change songs. I then received a phone call and it interrupted the music did the call fine and when disconnected went back to music.
IPODCARPROS sold me the unit when I winged about the model they clearly stated that it is only the cable that gets changed and that the units are al the same. Not sure if I believe them anyway aft about 20 emails they gave me a bogus phone number and dropped me like a bag of spuds.
This forum has given me the clues and it now all works.
Shame the phone buttons don't work on the steering wheel.
In the BMW they apparently do but not the Bentley.
I wish I new the real answer to the question of is this the same unit.
I joined Audivox as a client and they only said that the unit is still new and in testing asked me what made me think it would work on a Bentley. It has been advertised for more than a year this way.
Let us know how you go or if there is any other info available!
Thanks TicTac saved me a wiring job.
Thats great. I have been using a Samsung S4 and streaming radio stations into the mediabridge. Its fantastic to be able to listen to london radio here in jeddah real time.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:55 PM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Guys, I just discovered the perfect setup for the car.

Previously, I usually connect my phone either through USB or bluetooth with the Mediabridge in order to stream music. However, it is not convenient to constantly having to plug my phone to the USB or turning bluetooh On/off on the phone (conserve battery).

Another issue is that the built-in car navigation sucks, and using my phone to navigate is quite difficult and dangerous.

Since I have a spare Android tablet lying around, I decided to integrate that to my car.

Here is the setup:

1. Android Tab/iPad -> Connect to BT or USB to Media Bridge (iPad can use either BT or USB but Android can only stream via BT)
2. On your phone, enable Wifi Hotspot to share your 3G to your tablet
3. The Tablet will serve as a permanent digital media center in the car to navigate, stream music, Google, search etc.
4. Either plug the USB from media bridge to tablet permanently to charge it or plug it to the car cigarette charger (recommended).

This setup is perfect because the tablet beats any factory built-in navigation system. Instead of trying to update the car navigation, I'm better off using the Tablet's Google Map or some off-line navigation app.

Secondly, I can stream music from Pandora and other internet music app. The screen is big so it is easy to change station when driving. The passenger can also play around with the tablet to change music. It is a perfect way to settle any debate with Google search.

Finally, If you need to do some Google search while you are out, it is much more efficient to search on a 7" tablet than on a 3" iPhone. You can look up any information on-the-fly.

The only downside is no handfree talk. Not a big deal to me since I rarely talk on the phone while driving.

What I need to do now is to find some sort of tablet stand in the car that looks elegant.

Last edited by lilo1980; 09-02-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:24 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lilo1980
What I need to do now is to find some sort of tablet stand in the car that looks elegant.
Look forward to seeing that as could not find one I liked when considering that same setup. Where to plan on mounting the iPad?

Old 09-11-2013, 04:50 AM
I must be doing it wrong - can't seem to get my Mediabridge to work properly. Managed to pair and stream music via Bluetooth. The other functions (e.g. iPad via USB, gains control as stated in manual etc) do not seem to work.

How do you guys control the Mediabridge?

BTW Steven @Enjoythemusic, how do you connect your Astell&Kern AK120?

Thanks!

Old 09-11-2013, 05:36 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
I connect the Astell&Kern AK120 via Kimber Kable's all silver OGQ/2, which is a 1/8 male to 1/8 male cable. See my review at www.EnjoyTheMusic.com/magazine/equipment/0813/astell_kern_ak_120_review.htm

Old 09-11-2013, 05:57 AM
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
I connect the Astell&Kern AK120 via Kimber Kable's all silver OGQ/2, which is a 1/8 male to 1/8 male cable. See my review at www.EnjoyTheMusic.com/magazine/equipment/0813/astell_kern_ak_120_review.htm
Wow, that is impressive! I presume you connected it to the AUX input of the Mediabridge. May I know what buttons you have to press on the dash radio to access it?

Old 09-11-2013, 02:11 PM
You want track (NOT disc) 5.

Accessing the MediaBridge asthe audio source: Much like theradio’s AM/FM tuner, satellite radio or CD audio sources, the MediaBridge isintegrated to be part of the vehicle’s audio system. To access the MediaBridgesource, press the CD button. Pressing this button repeatedly will cycle throughsources present in the vehicle (CD > MediaBridge).

MediaBridge sourceselection: The MediaBridge adds additional audiosources including iPod and auxiliary audio input. To cycle between thesesources, use the TRACK buttons within the first 5 seconds of accessing theMediaBridge as the audio source. TRACK 1 = USB/iPod, TRACK 2 = Bluetooth, TRACK5 = Auxiliary audio source.
Note:The MediaBridge source being selected is announced with a spoken message.Please wait one second after pressing a button to select a source to hear thespoken announcement.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Thanks Steven. WIll give that a try today. Tried for a couple of hours following the manual yesterday but couldn't get it to work. I am indeed a noob when it comes to this.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Full iPod Control In a Pre 2009 Bentley GT