Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

HELP! '05 A/C and Display just went dead

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 05:43 PM
wilschroter is on a distinguished road
HELP! '05 A/C and Display just went dead

Was driving home today and noticed the A/C stopped blowing cold air (fans still pushing plenty of air) and the center display unit in front of the steering wheel is now dark (completely black). Seems like if they were on the same power circuit that would be an issue.

Any suggestions before I take this back to the dealer?

Old 07-21-2011, 03:39 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
It may solve itself during next turn on cycle. Sounds like a brief computer hiccup.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:00 AM
Now this is odd. The display itself is certainly working, although the light source on it is almost completely black. If I look closely I can see that the monitor is updating information and I can change the menus, but there is little to no visible light coming out of the monitor. If this were a different type of display I would say it's missing a bulb in the back, but obviously that's not the case.

Any ideas?

Old 07-21-2011, 07:04 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Within the thick leather-bound owners manual on page 7-3 it says, "In the event of the Infotainment system freezing in one mode or operating in an inconsistant manner, press and hold the RESET button until the screen turns black."

Perhaps it simply needs a reset?

Old 07-21-2011, 07:05 AM
Don't have the manual handy. Where do I go to "reset" on the car?

By the way, really appreciate the quick help.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:23 AM
Sorry what I meant was the screen that's not functioning is the one that shows the odometer, not the infotainment main console. When you said the "reset" button I thought you meant something other than the one adjacent to the infotainment screen. Obviously there is the reset button in that bank of buttons.

That said, the "reset" button next to the infotainment seems to have no control over the display where the odometer is.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:43 AM
Ahhh ok. Call a Bentley dealer as perhaps they can help. It may as simple as removing and re-inserting a fuse.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:52 AM
Jackedwards is on a distinguished road
Or unplugging the battery... To reset everything.

That is what I did when the display on mine froze.

Good Luck..