Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Driver side fuse box - how to open?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:32 AM
jc333 will become famous soon enoughjc333 will become famous soon enough
Hi

Its a 2007 private import from UK to HK.

I just called Bentley of Surrey and spoke a very nice service guy called Simon. Gave him my VIN and told him I couldnt find the lever as stated in service manual. He states the level was removed from 2007 onwards thus to remove the trim panel. One must insert finger into trim gap at bottom right and PULL TOWARDS yourself. If done correctly the complete panel should pop off as it is no longer hinged. The service manual I have isnt updated to reflect this change yet.

I also asked easiest way to insert cable through firewall which is via grommets on either side that run from engine into cabin. When time allows I will start to explore more for some DIY fun.

I will get pictures posted up once I pop the panel off.

J

Originally Posted by ccwboy
oops...what the year of ur CGT?mine is 2004.but think most of them same location.anyway u import car from UK to HK?r u live n HK?

Old 12-23-2011, 07:58 PM
ccwboy will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jc333
Hi

Its a 2007 private import from UK to HK.

I just called Bentley of Surrey and spoke a very nice service guy called Simon. Gave him my VIN and told him I couldnt find the lever as stated in service manual. He states the level was removed from 2007 onwards thus to remove the trim panel. One must insert finger into trim gap at bottom right and PULL TOWARDS yourself. If done correctly the complete panel should pop off as it is no longer hinged. The service manual I have isnt updated to reflect this change yet.

I also asked easiest way to insert cable through firewall which is via grommets on either side that run from engine into cabin. When time allows I will start to explore more for some DIY fun.

I will get pictures posted up once I pop the panel off.

J
sound great.i also import 04 CGT uk to hk too..i order the ipod stuff waiting to install.will be fun to DIY.....anyway let us know the change of 07 car.i always enjoy every inch of CGT ..love this car so much
Merry Christmas

Last edited by ccwboy; 12-23-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:02 PM
jc333 will become famous soon enoughjc333 will become famous soon enough
Thanks everyone for the pointers as I've finally cracked it!

As informed by the Bentley service guy the panel just pops off so with good old tug off it came, pictures below.

Nice to meet another fellow DIYer ccwboy . I took off the roof module to splice into switched live for a car cam install but shorted out wires thus needed to remove fuse cover to replace the 5a fuse. Car came with USB/ipod cable already installed from factory inside glovebox. I still need to find a way to route cables into cabin. What color is yours CGT, mines dark sapphire blue.

J

Originally Posted by ccwboy
sound great.i also import 04 CGT uk to hk too..i order the ipod stuff waiting to install.will be fun to DIY.....anyway let us know the change of 07 car.i always enjoy every inch of CGT ..love this car so much
Merry Christmas

Attached Images   
Old 03-09-2012, 12:14 AM
ccwboy will become famous soon enough
nice to meet u too J...oh..is really different of my 2004 CGT..too sad i was install AUX ipod stuff but it not work.will try another Dice product soon.
mine is Silver Tempest

As informed by the Bentley service guy the panel just pops off so with good old tug off it came, pictures below.

Nice to meet another fellow DIYer ccwboy . I took off the roof module to splice into switched live for a car cam install but shorted out wires thus needed to remove fuse cover to replace the 5a fuse. Car came with USB/ipod cable already installed from factory inside glovebox. I still need to find a way to route cables into cabin. What color is yours CGT, mines dark sapphire blue.

J

Old 06-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Merdav will become famous soon enough
little help please

Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Ok, on USA cars the lever is just to the left of the brake pedal per se yet on the upper console. It is hard to 'find' yet hopefully the below pics help.
Hi you posted a photo a while back showing how to open the Bentley fuse box area, https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-how-open.html
I noticed you have a rocker switch under the steering column which I am trying to do, can you tell me how you lowered the steering column to do that???

Old 06-05-2012, 06:47 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Merdav,

Alas, that switch was done by the previous owner and turns on/off the K40 radar detector (which i have unhooked for the better Valentine 1). Not sure how the switch was installed per se, sorry

Old 11-03-2022, 10:59 AM
kma
kma is an unknown quantity at this point
Steven,

I have a 2009 Continential GT, in your picture, I can find the two white boxes left of your hand (to open the facial fuse box), but there is no opener where you hand is?
Help!

KC

Old 06-23-2023, 08:22 PM
2007ContinentalGT has much to be proud of2007ContinentalGT has much to be proud of2007ContinentalGT has much to be proud of2007ContinentalGT has much to be proud of2007ContinentalGT has much to be proud of2007ContinentalGT has much to be proud of2007ContinentalGT has much to be proud of2007ContinentalGT has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

J
Thanks JC...I had the same problem with my 2007...no handle anywhere....I thought I was losing my mind!