Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

1,000 mile inspection on new GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
1,000 mile inspection on new GT

The Bentley dealer in Houston has just performed the 1,000 mile inspection on my 2012 GT.

Problems:
1) When using the boot close button, the boot would not always close. It would try to close and then just go up again. Resolution: The dealer adjusted the boot close mechanism and it works properly now.
2) The back license plate was attached with only 2 screws (not 4) and the 2 screws were of unequal length and finish. Resolution: The dealer reinstalled the back license plate with 4 screws of equal length and finish. In fact, the dealer gave me 4 more screws of equal length and finish if I ever have the front license plate installed.

Seriously, I am very impressed with the solid nature of my Bentley. It is one of those possessions that gets better and better as time goes on. I originally bought my Bentley because I a nothing more than a shallow showoff (that's what my friends call me). I expected something so beautiful and powerful to have more issues than I have encountered thus far. Also, when you start to research the origins of the present Continental series, you become to appreciate the great German/British combination of effort that produces this automobile. It is a combination of visual art and engineering art.

The reason I spent the time to report on my experience is because I thought there might be some viewers, like I was a few months ago, that are considering buying a Bentley and are looking for any information on what to expect if they did so. BTW - If you are a shallow showoff, like me, you can't get anything better than a Bentley.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:05 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Grwisher
BTW - If you are a shallow showoff, like me, you can't get anything better than a Bentley.
(Humor) What? No Bugatti? You shallow cheap-**** punter

The boot close happened to me too, easy fix by dealer. As for the license plate screws, sheeesh, those inspectors are REALLY retentitve... as it should be considering this is a Bentley. My fave part, besides the rock solid reliability, is that the dealer comes nearly TWO HOURS to my home (no charge) to pick-up and deliver back the car for servicing.

Congrats and may every mile bring you a smile.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:33 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
How long did it take you to put on the 1000 miles?

My boot will always close but about 25% of the time it will not open all the way. It goes about half way and the falls back. The local used car dealer where i bought it said some springs are weak and neaded replacing.The dealer in Atlanta said the whole motor system needed replacing.

Who to believe??

Shallow show off eh?? My wife voiced some similar ideas but yet I have the car.

I think there are many more ostentatious cars that are higher profile than the Bentley GT but few with the luxury and quality of build. I see the Bentley as a mature mans performance car. We value class, style performance and comfort. Only a personal opinion.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:26 PM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
How long did it take you to put on the 1000 miles?
It took 55 days to go 1088 miles.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:20 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
It took 55 days to go 1088 miles.
Fantastic! I drive mine too. It took the previous owner four years to make 10K. I enjoy looking at it but i like driving it even more looks like you are a driver also.

Mel

Old 02-14-2012, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Fantastic! I drive mine too. It took the previous owner four years to make 10K. I enjoy looking at it but i like driving it even more looks like you are a driver also.

Mel
I whole heartedly agree. First, the worse thing for any type of equipment is not to use it. Second, the Bentley has so much engineering that makes using it such a pleasure that is a shame to waste. The worse thing about driving the Bentley is arriving at your destination.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:04 AM
Agree on all points. I went for an hours drive the other day where the destination was the house.

They have opened a new dealership in Nashville and I may do an overnighter just to visit the place. Both the dealers in Atlanta and Nashville are about a four hour drive.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:32 AM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
...I originally bought my Bentley because I a nothing more than a shallow showoff (that's what my friends call me)...
Well, you couldn't get anyone more mature, conventional and less showy than myself, yet I've just gone out and bought a Breitling Bentley GT watch! This model - which is now discontinued - was made for the GT, and has the face almost the same color as the Sapphire Blue of my CGT.

I rather like the idea of having a reminder on my wrist of B quality when I'm not driving it.

After over a year of ownership I'm enjoying this car more each week. Hope you'll get the same long lasting satisfaction too. Enjoy!