Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley GT Rear Spoiler Malfunction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 08:17 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Hi Mike.

One thing I do know is that the letter after the numbers denotes the year of manufacture.
I found out when I bought an Audi electric vacuum pump for the Bentley. Same number but with a later date letter.

Needless to say that the Audi part was a lot cheaper.

Les.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:05 AM
MikeH is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi Les

that seems to be part of the problem. Ivor thinks it has broken in the past and someone has fitted one of the early motors in replacement (The early motors activate at a higher speed 100mph instead of 60mph)

The correct part (with a bentley logo on the sticker) is £340 quid, yet VW make one for the Beetle thats £49.......

Ill see what the final bill is when hes finished with the other work on the car and may just risk it for a biscuit its only £49 and I can probably resell it on a well known auction site if it doesnt work?..

Old 07-24-2016, 01:45 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
That's odd. My spoiler activates at exactly 70mph and retracts at 45ish. Mind you, I do have V8S wheels and tyres on it which are a slightly bigger rolling radius than the originals.

Les.

Old 07-25-2016, 04:44 AM
MikeH is on a distinguished road
Sounds about right for yours Les.

I need to be hitting license losing speeds just to see my spoiler

do you have any photos of your wheels, Iv been looking at the 21" SSR Titaniums for mine, did you find the bentley stamped tyres ok?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/21-Bentley...8AAOSw~gRVlOwO

Old 09-10-2016, 06:33 AM
Lars_Tempest is on a distinguished road
As pointed out, the offending part in the airfoil assembly is the weakness of the plastic threaded tubing..threads give up. Not easy to pick apart the (closed) assembly, but a good fix is just to block the plastic from moving / snapping out of position e.g. with a wooden block cut to size.
Amazing what top marques fit in unsuitable plastic and sub-standard alloys these days (don't get me started about Porsche).

Old 09-10-2016, 10:54 AM
Hi Mike.

Sorry for the delay. Here you go.

Old 08-02-2018, 05:26 AM
Jeffrey Serwatien is an unknown quantity at this point
the rear air spoiler on my 2004 Bentley GT doesn't retract on one side. It will go down, but then springs back up on drivers side.

Old 08-02-2018, 06:58 AM
steve.2.lowe is an unknown quantity at this point
The the cover off from the inside of the boot lid and you should be able to see what's happening.

Old 01-08-2019, 01:11 AM
blue_racing is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MikeH
Hi guys

I currently have an issue with my gt spoiler coming up and down later than it should.

I believe the car must have had a problen with the spoiler in the past and someone has fitted the older motor with higher trigger speeds.

The correct part number is 1CO 959 733L

Does anyone know if the similar 1CO 959 733F - cheaper model from the VW Beetle is a suitable replacement?

Thanks in advance
Mike
hi did you find out if the beetle part worked ?

Old 04-07-2020, 09:10 AM
Brian T is an unknown quantity at this point
Fixed my spoiler 2005 gt

Had malfunction light on dash manual switches didn't work spoiler down
if spoiler was lifted with star drive on spoiler motor when ether manual switch was pushed spoiler would drop back in stages and light would come on
replaced spoiler motor with bentley unit and all worked fine
fault must have been circuit board in motor assembly

Last edited by Brian T; 04-07-2020 at 09:49 AM. Reason: More details
Old 02-15-2023, 07:02 AM
Pablen84 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the same problem while I was diving today. Any cheaper solution than 3500$?

Old 02-15-2023, 12:11 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Pablen84
I have the same problem while I was diving today. Any cheaper solution than 3500$?
​​​​​​Hello @Pablen84 ,
I tagged you in another thread for the spoiler issue.
Post number 27 in said thread by @flyc2c is what I did, it has been working great ever since.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...spoiler-2.html

Johnny

Old 02-16-2023, 01:01 AM
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
​​​​​​Hello @Pablen84 ,
I tagged you in another thread for the spoiler issue.
Post number 27 in said thread by @flyc2c is what I did, it has been working great ever since.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...spoiler-2.html

Johnny
Thank you very much Johny for your help, I hope I can solve it and pay that $3500 for a spoiler.

Last edited by Pablen84; 03-13-2024 at 01:40 AM.
Old 02-16-2023, 03:11 AM
As a result of the thread, I would like to ask the experts in the matter my following question:

Could this problem be because a battery is not good? or both?
I say this because I have been having problems with the radio-navigation system for some time.
As you know, I have an android-carplay system, it always works perfectly, but the vehicle menu screen sometimes stays backlit but you can't see it, on the other hand, the temperature and volume buttons usually work, depending on the day... There are also days when everything works correctly. I even have a ctek maintainer but it does not solve the problem and my mechanic did a diagnosis of the batteries a few months ago and told me that they were in good health.

I still think that it must be something electrical, even more so when I have encountered the problem of the spoiler, could someone tell me if I am right or wrong?

Old 03-12-2024, 08:09 AM
2007ContinentalGT has much to be proud of2007ContinentalGT has much to be proud of2007ContinentalGT has much to be proud of2007ContinentalGT has much to be proud of2007ContinentalGT has much to be proud of2007ContinentalGT has much to be proud of2007ContinentalGT has much to be proud of2007ContinentalGT has much to be proud of
Does anyone have a source for replacement clips for the rear wing cable assembly....or tips on making replacements out of metal as Jmolnar had mentioned
2007 Continental GT rear wing issue

Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bentley GT Rear Spoiler Malfunction