Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Few questions from potential new Bentley owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 08:39 AM
Banned
BGTHEMOGUL is on a distinguished road
If anyone comes across any really clean nice 2004-2006 CGT's for sale please let me know. Looking for a great car at a great price. I can be patient but it will be tough!

Old 03-01-2012, 09:27 AM
Jackedwards is on a distinguished road
The math is simple, for each year back you add an inch to the shoes..

So roll on 25's and no one will notice it is an 05...

Old 03-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Jackedwards
The math is simple, for each year back you add an inch to the shoes..

So roll on 25's and no one will notice it is an 05...

Not sure where this came from.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by BGTHEMOGUL
Exactly what I was thinking and wanted to hear. I'm getting more excited to purchase just need to find the RIGHT buy and it's done.
If you are like most of us, you will not be sorry. My Bentley experience just gets better and better with each passing day and I really mean that.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Grwisher
If you are like most of us, you will not be sorry. My Bentley experience just gets better and better with each passing day and I really mean that.
Good to hear that!

Old 03-01-2012, 01:17 PM

Not sure where this came from.
I was just suggesting you put some nice wheels on it.. Since you seem to care greatly about the looks...

99.9% of the peeps will not know it is an 05 over a 12.. Unless you will feel bad if the one guy (cause there always is) says OMG that is so a 2004-2011 model..

Good luck in your search.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Jackedwards
I was just suggesting you put some nice wheels on it.. Since you seem to care greatly about the looks...

99.9% of the peeps will not know it is an 05 over a 12.. Unless you will feel bad if the one guy (cause there always is) says OMG that is so a 2004-2011 model..

Good luck in your search.
Wouldn't bother me the slightest because 99.9% chance he's in a Honda Accord

Thanks I've been on the search!

Old 03-02-2012, 07:16 AM
BCTBoston is on a distinguished road
Couple things i can give my opinion on.

I have an 05 GT, and another in my family has an 09 GTC. Outside of the keyless go, i havent noticed any major differences between the two cars when driving them.

For insurance, i went from a CLS 63 to the bentley GT and my premium only went up 10% for the year.

You wont regret the move, good luck in your search

Old 03-02-2012, 07:44 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by BCTBoston
Couple things i can give my opinion on.

I have an 05 GT, and another in my family has an 09 GTC. Outside of the keyless go, i havent noticed any major differences between the two cars when driving them.

For insurance, i went from a CLS 63 to the bentley GT and my premium only went up 10% for the year.

You wont regret the move, good luck in your search
Awesome thanks for the input. I'm searching for Bentley GT and Lamborghini Gallardo just depends which one I find first at the right deal. Whichever I get now I will get the other next. I know they are completely different worlds of vehicles but they are my two favorite cars.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:10 AM
Two totally different cars, if you are going for people taking your pic every day, being uncomfortable on long drives, worried about where you can take it, then go for the gallardo..

If you are looking for a great daily, that you can drive everyday.. and not really worry about it to much, go for the Bentley.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:36 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1 what Jack said.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Banned
Understand they are completely different cars. Being I'm a young entertainment executive the "flash" and "image" fits perfectly for my lifestyle. The "wow" factor of the Gallardo would be a good thing for me. On the contrary I absolutely love the Bentley CGT which I think also makes a bold statement especially at my age so I'm open for either one of them. Whichever comes first at the right price for the right car!

P.S. The gallardo would be my everyday as well. Before you say you it's not a daily driver I've done PLENTY of research on it and it can be an everyday driver.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:16 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Being I'm a young entertainment executive the "flash" and "image" fits perfectly for my lifestyle.
Ahhh yes, flash and stylin'... The Bentley imho plus the Bentley will be featured in the upcoming Bond movie so you'll be right in style, at the right time.

<Insert any number of Bond girl references here>

Old 03-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Nsxe320 is on a distinguished road
Can't wait to start shopping for mine in spring 2013, good luck on your search reading this helped me out as well

Old 03-03-2012, 03:29 AM
Banned
Thanks man!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Few questions from potential new Bentley owner